Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
#7 didn't feel as crazy as anticipated as @Ziggiy points out. But maybe they're saving the huge bang out for later. It was more of a surprise manuever to catch Stane off guard and clean sweep him more than anything potentially "cool" to pull off. Can't lie that I'm not a little let down.

Maybe this is indicative of Coates saying he is not good at writing action scenes?

The fact that Coates has these black superheroes together at all is already a plus by itself though. I can guarantee and already see it won't be a missed opportunity like The Ultimates.

And T'challa beating down Stane hands tied behind his back is indeed the best part of this issue. :jawalrus:

No one can say he took an L or was "emasculated" here.

I liked the dialogue between Tet and "Baba", though. The dialogue looks the same it's always been the way Coates writes them.

Shuri should be waking up soon, I believe. Next issue is about the The Djalia. I think #9 is when she fully comes back.

But the yeah the pacing of 2 arcs we've had so far are very reminicient of each other.

I think you're right about that. :leon:

But yeah I think the verdict on this one is that The Crew entrance could have been more bombastic and one for the history books.

I'm really liking Tetu as the antagonist though. I find his ideology and convictions commendable and cool and giving a true opposition to what we believe and cherish about T'challa.

"we burn down the house -- with the robber inside." :wow:

Yea, it was waaaaaaaay too tame considering the cameo line-up for this issue. Could've went for the gusto.

Apparently, the Crew will be in other issues, so they'll be back.

Low key, this arc feels like a build up of a build up. Kinda weird.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Read #7. It was alright. Def not a bad issue, but not as good as it could've been, imho.

-The Crew scenes: not as dynamic or explosive as I hoped, which is unfortunate being that the new Crew was a big draw of this issue.

-A lot of Changamire in this issue. Changamire's convo with Tetu and Zenzi was solid, overall.

-T'Challa's portrayal was fine.

-Shuri scenes: another story in the Djalia. The story itself was actually very good imho, perhaps the best one so far, but I can see ppl wondering again what is the point of all this.

However, I think I get the point of them, especially after this latest Djalia story:

I think the stories foreshadow Shuri's upcoming powerset once she comes back.

In any case, her Djalia journey looks like it'll finally wrap up in #8.

Overall, the issue was ok. Could've been better though.
low key I think shuri is going to be more powerful then t'challa when she comes back :lupe:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
low key I think shuri is going to be more powerful then t'challa when she comes back :lupe:

For real, if the stories of her journey are any indication, it would be as if she came out of the hyperbolic Bast chamber or something :wow:

Still reminds me of that Megatron to Galvatron upgrade in the OG transformers movie, lol.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
CuHtG3CVMAAwhM9.jpg

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
I'd suggest coming back around BP #9, when Shuri returns to Wakanda. It's also the start of the final arc.

Weird that Shuri's return is the biggest thing I'm looking forward to so far.

Not me. :jawalrus:

I've been waiting for Shuri to come back since this all started.

Yup, that's what it's sounding like now that you've mentioned it.

This head gear and uniform she's wearing in the solicitations art looks godly as fukk.

tumblr_inline_odt5ara8Bu1rkdlro_540.jpg

it would be as if she came out of the hyperbolic Bast chamber or something

:mjlol:

Coming out as a Super Black Panther.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Not me. :jawalrus:

I've been waiting for Shuri to come back since this all started.

Same here.:obama:

Thing is, I expected other stuff to move up the list, considering everything that was supposed to go down, but instead everything else has been kinda aight for now. Nothing major standing out. Thus, Shuri's return stayed high up the list of stuff to see.

The new artwork that came out def boosted the hype though :blessed:

Yup, that's what it's sounding like now that you've mentioned it.

This head gear and uniform she's wearing in the solicitations art looks godly as fukk.

tumblr_inline_odt5ara8Bu1rkdlro_540.jpg

Birdman would be proud.

644587d6b7806c4926ef5805d67c0f2c.gif

:mjlol:Coming out as a Super Black Panther.

:russ:

She's also supposed to have a new codename in addition to new powers. Will still call her Shuri though:manny:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
:patrice:I get it but with that title and his "bodyguards" being female that's not the image that's going to captivate young boys/teens to go I want to be panther for Halloween. Hell they don't even draw him as a male in his comics right now, TF is going on

:dahell: where did you see that? T'Challa is still the BP breh...and he's being drawn as a dude, as he always has.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:dahell: where did you see that? T'Challa is still the BP breh...and he's being drawn as a dude, as he always has.
When he's in the suit he looks quite slight in physique. To the untrained eye just flicking through the pages one could mistake him for shuri

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
When he's in the suit he looks quite slight in physique. To the untrained eye just flicking through the pages one could mistake him for shuri

:dwillhuh: breh, we talking about the current BP comic book right? He's doesn't have a slight physique. Breh isn't the swolest dude out there anyway.

:dwillhuh:You do know that T'Challa and Shuri's costumes have differences right? And that Shuri is in a completely different plane of existence?

Last edited: