Daps
Reppin
Latveria
They want BP and Carol to be their Batman / Superman "World's Finest" tandem but they doin such a shytty, round-about job of it that the characters don't really interact as much as they (editorial) just make sure they are constantly joint at the hip in the big events and team books.
You know I actually noticed that. He's been appearing with her a lot lately especially in her own book.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
They want BP and Carol to be their Batman / Superman "World's Finest" tandem but they doin such a shytty, round-about job of it that the characters don't really interact as much as they (editorial) just make sure they are constantly joint at the hip in the big events and team books.

It's prolly biased / low key arrogant of me saying this but I think part of it is about Carol having some of that Wakandan stimulus package. BP is becoming more and more of a hot property. It benefits Carol to be as affiliated to it as possible, as it will help her profile..

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
You know I actually noticed that. He's been appearing with her a lot lately especially in her own book.
Yup, problem is they're not really friends and don't have any rapport that make them an interesting duo. I find BP/Ironman (in the past) and even BP/Cho-Hulk in the present to be more entertaining.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It's prolly biased / low key arrogant of me saying this but I think about Carol having some of that Wakandan stimulus package. BP is becoming more and more of a hot property. It benefits Carol to be as affiliated to it as possible.
Arrogant or not, i'm in the same boat as you: i think Carol needs BP more than he needs her (i.e. he doesn't need her) and that her + the Ultimates are lowkey holding him back to an extent. It's not a mutually beneficial relationship right now, compared to if he was paired with other characters

parallax

Superstar
Daps
It's prolly biased / low key arrogant of me saying this but I think part of it is about Carol having some of that Wakandan stimulus package. BP is becoming more and more of a hot property. It benefits Carol to be as affiliated to it as possible, as it will help her profile..

they need to find a way to make her stick. thats why shes getting the wolverine/spiderman multibook thing. civil war is fukking her shyt up, but that had to be intentional

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Same with Peter Mensah. No one remembers The Incredible Hulk anyway.

I know one is tv the other is film but Alfre was in both Luke Cage and Civil War.

Peter Mensah should've been a shoe-in for BP. But that Incredible Hulk role :francis:

Mensah in Black Panther would have been :wow:

Too bad the breh playing Martian Manhunter in Supergirl can't be in this movie either.
006BLD_David_Harewood_010.jpg

Ok this disappointed me because Creeds first official fight with that guys son with the one take camera was:whoo::whew:but knowing that person isn't there makes me:ld:now

I know :snoop: There are shots in Creed that are :whoo:

I think Coogler, once again, is just doing a person he knows a solid. Especially since she couldn't do Creed for him. I'm hoping his loyalty doesn't blind him for THIS movie.....get the best people...

fukk Captain Marvel
:deadmanny:

chosenaledge13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Adamsville/ATL
Didn't Coogler say he'd be taking some inspiration from Coates run :lupe:

In other news I'm kinda disappointed Coogler went with Rachel Morrison for DP over Maryse Alberti. She only replaced Morrison on Creed because Morrison was pregnant. However, the cinematography was GREAT in Creed. She added a lot of flair to the movie for me with some of her suggestions. Not to say Morrison will do a bad job, but I now wonder if she'll capture the beauty of Wakanda like Maryse.

Rachel Morrison Is The Director Of Photography For ‘Black Panther’

Maybe it was a money issue, but her efforts were just ok to me in Fruitvale Station. :manny:

She did pretty good with Dope though :ehh:

I feel you, but I actually love how she captured the Oakland in Fruitvale Station as her style is really organic and grounded from what I've seen in her other work comparatively. This is a huge jump in budget for both him and her, so I hope they find a way to bring that gritty and authentic storytelling to compliment the high concept style that is expected from a Marvel film. I don't doubt Coogler on this choice tho because he has a natural sense of whats right and wrong as a filmmaker, and trusts his people to bring the right qualities to the table...

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Was looking at the casting of the BP film. It's rather male-heavy right now.

T'Challa
Klaw
Killmonger
M'Baku
Zuri
W'Kabi
Ross
T'Chaka? (Possible flashback?)

Only three women are confirmed so far, and all of them are Dora Milaje:

Nakia
Okoye
Ayo

Thus, I'm certain that the remainder of the casting will be mostly women. The BP books has a lot of notable female characters in it's mythos.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

T'Challa
Klaw
Killmonger
M'Baku
Zuri
W'Kabi
Ross

Nakia
Okoye
Ayo

Thus, I'm certain that the remainder of the casting will be mostly women. The BP books has a lot of notable female characters in it's mythos.

Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't announced if/who Shuri is yet.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

T'Challa
Klaw
Killmonger
M'Baku
Zuri
W'Kabi
Ross

Nakia
Okoye
Ayo

They HAVE to cast Ramonda and since they cast Ayo they might as well go ahead and cast Aneka. Also Kevin Feige said that there will be more casting announcements right before and right after shooting begins so perhaps Shuri is still in the cards and their trying to find a relative unknown actress to play her

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
They HAVE to cast Ramonda and since they cast Ayo they might as well go ahead and cast Aneka. Also Kevin Feige said that there will be more casting announcements right before and right after shooting begins so perhaps Shuri is still in the cards and their trying to find a relative unknown actress to play her

They cast Ayo? Who's it?

EDIT.
MV5BMTg3NDM3ODkyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODg0NDM1NTE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Ohh...so they said homegirl from Civil War is Ayo.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Ramonda, Aneka and Shuri sounds like a good round off of the cast.

Ramonda will def be there. Would be strange for Shuri not to be in the film, being that she was featured a lot in the recent runs and events.

Sidenote; Ayo is the first BP character created in the 2000s to be included to the MCU. Every other BP character in the MCU was created before the 21st century.

Last edited: