a8b66a237d.jpg

Avengers of The New World. Dope choice:ehh:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
"The New World" got me scared breh. Like he's gonna end the Monarchy:mjcry:

I hope the "new world" is the outside world, and that season 2 somehow addresses how the world threw Wakanda to the wolves when the Cabal showed up in Time Runs Out.

Then again...if religion is supposed to be one of the big themes of the season....

....damn, you might be right, breh :sadcam:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I understand where Coates is coming from and what he's saying but I still don't completely like Coates.....

Hopefully he sticks the landing and all fears will be absolved

That interview makes it more clear to me why I am not feeling Coates run on BP...he seems to want to write a Panther that is more of the McGregor version of BP instead of the version of the character that is more in like with what Priest wrote.
The whole "he's a superhero who happens to be a king" thing removes so much great stuff from the one run in the history of BP's existence that made him interesting to me.

More or less where I'm at. I have a better understanding of what he's doing, but his run has some flaws, imho.

Indeed, hopefully he sticks the landing.

I'm in wait and see mode with Coates run, but at this point my expectations are low. His representation of Wakanda and Tchalla is one of weakness and ineptitude. I understand Wakanda been taking hits since doomwar and it won't make sense to have everything gets fixed immediately, but Coates has not portrayed a character who is capable of fixing anything. Not to mention the forced feminist subplot and the use of foreign advisors and combatants. Coates seems like he capable of doing better, so I hope he will improve and we won't see this play out like captain Sam Wilson where we hear of a characters greatness but are only shown his failures. Need to go back and read secret invasion: see Wakanda and die after finishing BP#6

Didn't Coogler say he'd be taking some inspiration from Coates run :lupe:

In other news I'm kinda disappointed Coogler went with Rachel Morrison for DP over Maryse Alberti. She only replaced Morrison on Creed because Morrison was pregnant. However, the cinematography was GREAT in Creed. She added a lot of flair to the movie for me with some of her suggestions. Not to say Morrison will do a bad job, but I now wonder if she'll capture the beauty of Wakanda like Maryse.

Rachel Morrison Is The Director Of Photography For ‘Black Panther’

Maybe it was a money issue, but her efforts were just ok to me in Fruitvale Station. :manny:

She did pretty good with Dope though :ehh:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Didn't Coogler say he'd be taking some inspiration from Coates run :lupe:

In other news I'm kinda disappointed Coogler went with Rachel Morrison for DP over Maryse Alberti. She only replaced Morrison on Creed because Morrison was pregnant. However, the cinematography was GREAT in Creed. She added a lot of flair to the movie for me with some of her suggestions. Not to say Morrison will do a bad job, but I now wonder if she'll capture the beauty of Wakanda like Maryse.

Rachel Morrison Is The Director Of Photography For ‘Black Panther’

Maybe it was a money issue, but her efforts were just ok to me in Fruitvale Station. :manny:

She did pretty good with Dope though :ehh:
Ok this disappointed me because Creeds first official fight with that guys son with the one take camera was:whoo::whew:but knowing that person isn't there makes me:ld:now