KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Yo,is this the BP movie thread or BP comic?:what:

Yall niccas talk more about the damn comic than the movie? No new update, no news, no spoilers? The fukk is going on?:mindblown:
yea i peepd this a while ago found it wird af but the i saw it was actually a good thing tbh let them cook once we get info it will be added

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:mjlol: @ "letting" us cook

fukk outta here :heh:

but anyway,

Cool Chadwick Boseman interview about the comics (:youngsabo:), his Wakandan accent, and other topics:

How much did you know about Black Panther going into “Captain America: Civil War”?

I mainly knew the Reginald Hudlin run on “Black Panther,” and I knew the original Jack Kirby-Stan Lee version. So, so good. Reading for the movie, though, I basically tried to cover everything. Going over the original versions, Hudlin, the Christopher Priest versions … I read as much as I could at the time. Pretty extensive research.

Did you come away from that with a favorite moment in the comics?

I love the battles with Killmonger in Christopher Priest’s [run]. I love any complex story that makes you think, not to be too specific. Any time he makes you think he lost when he actually won -- that’s my favorite aspect of the character. There’s one moment when he was fighting Mephisto, and he basically lures him into a den where his ancestors, who were all Panthers, were there. So he’s fighting with his ancestors behind him. That’s one of my favorites and a beautiful moment.

Is it hard to turn the accent on and off? And what is it based on?

Is it hard? No, it’s not necessarily hard to turn it on and off. Any time you’re using an accent you want to speak in that accent as much as you can, and I think when you stop doing the character, you just get away from the accent. I’m not in a place where we’re actually shooting, so I don’t generally walk around going into restaurants speaking in the accent. But every once in a while, if I can go to a place where people don’t recognize me or I’m in disguise, I might try stuff out. That’s how you stay fresh with it.

As far as where it comes from, obviously, it’s a fictional African country, but I wanted to base it in reality. I had done a movie before “Civil War” called “Message from the King,” and I’d gone to South Africa a couple of times for research and for filming that movie. While I was there, I found a dialect coach, same coach I’m using now for “Civil War.” It’s primarily based in the Xhosa dialect, but it’s not that. He had extensive knowledge of various places.

We looked at specific people from Kenya, Ethiopia, Sierra Leone — which is actually where my ancestors are from — but I wanted to use whatever would inspire me for certain sounds. That added to it. Because we now have Danai [Gurira] and Lupita [Nyong’o] who have a more direct connection to the continent; they will bring their own flavor to what’s done. I’ll be listening to them and listening to what they do and continuing to create, because again, this is a fictional thing but you want it to feel real.

For me, Wakanda has never been conquered. So I wanted to make sure that he didn’t speak like ... well, at one time they were thinking he’d have a European accent or an American accent. I said that would not be fine because if we did that, that would be saying that they had been colonized. That was something that I wanted to make sure happened, that we stuck to that in the character.
Chadwick Boseman explains how he came up with Black Panther's accent from the fictional land of Wakanda

That Mephisto scene Chadwick was talkin about :wow:

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
nothin special Just the new Coates run nation under our feet. I haven't been reading everything in here so not too much spoiled :whew:

Ahhh vol 1 of the Coates run. Let us know what you think about it. The run is drawing a lot of opinions so far.

vol 2 of the Coates run comes out January and vol 3 comes out in April (I think), which will conclude season 1. Plenty of story awaits you :obama:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
MCU so big and marvelous that we got cats throwing shots about different Marvel franchise all under the Marvel family :wow:

this is what the other brand was supposed to be:pachaha:

You peep this too huh? :russ:

But i'ma just lettin them cook tho :sas2:

Personally, I ain't gon pit black characters like BP, Cage and Miles against each other, or sneak diss franchises by always complainin bout castin decisions, gloom n doom and nothin else.

But for those with that prerogative, i'ma let them cook :sas1:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Goodness that Ultimates cover is... :sadbagmj:

Might as well call the shyt
Captain Marvel and The Freestate of Jones
They had a dumb cover like that before. If this was a white dude this wouldn't be done but for some reason marvel thinks its cool with white women
ULTMTS2015001_DodsonVar.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They had a dumb cover like that before. If this was a white dude this wouldn't be done but for some reason marvel thinks its cool with white women
They want BP and Carol to be their Batman / Superman "World's Finest" tandem but they doin such a shytty, round-about job of it that the characters don't really interact as much as they (editorial) just make sure they are constantly joint at the hip in the big events and team books.