Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
An absolute tragedy and a damn shame how someone like Michael B Jordan is in it ahead of him :smh:.

yu7iBCSh.gif

You just couldn't help yourself, could you :pachaha:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
You starting to sound like @Jacksonville Swaguar with his irrational hatred of Rosario Dawson:camby:

Take that scorned girlfriend bullshyt to LSA

Nah b :whoa:, only problem I got with the man is him staining this specific project due to the nature of the role. No different to how I saw Eisenberg and Snyder being the Iceberg's to Batman vs Superman's Titanic, the same with Brie Larson as Captain Marvel. Miscast actors with big roles completely kill movies.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
An absolute tragedy and a damn shame how someone like Michael B Jordan is in it ahead of him :smh:.
You relentless with the attacks on MBJ...:wow:

I'm a fan of the actor:manny:, I am starting to get a tad skeptical about him in *that role*:patrice:

But yea people forget just how great an actor Djimon is:wow:

Damn shame he can't be in this movie. :francis:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds

I'm a fan of the actor:manny:, I am starting to get a tad skeptical about him in *that role*:patrice:

Yeah Marvel made him a space cronie in GotG :snoop:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

He's baby faced, him trying to act tough and serious as a villain who is meant to be an African Warrior is going to look nothing but corny. It will look like a skit. When the first pics drop with him in a garb :mjlol:. Coogler's his connect (that's why he's in it) so you know he'll beef up his screentime and give him greater importance than he actually needs:shaq2:. Feige's given Coogler carte blance over this thing too :snoop:. I can only see a disaster.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
He's baby faced, him trying to act tough and serious as a villain who is meant to be an African Warrior is going to look nothing but corny. It will look like a skit. When the first pics drop with him in a garb :mjlol:. Coogler's his connect (that's why he's in it) so you know he'll beef up his screentime and give him greater importance than he actually needs:shaq2:. Feige's given Coogler carte blance over this thing too :snoop:. I can only see a disaster.

I'm a big fan of Coogler so I believe he'll make it work. However, I think it is a bit suprising to put MBJ in that role. It seems easier just to build up M'Baku as a "main villain"*plus its an unknown actor so people are more likely to buy him as a threat* and then just make MBJ as the Loki esque role as White Wolf.

However, Coogler believes in MBJ as Killmonger :manny:....Just gotta hope for the best.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

You're right about a lot of this. It will not be easy to pull off MBJ as Killmonger, and I don't know why Coogler decided to try. But, he did so I hope it works.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
You're right about a lot of this. It will not be easy to pull off MBJ as Killmonger, and I don't know why Coogler decided to try. But, he did so I hope it works.
Honestly, the fact he got MBJ in that role makes me think he's not as big on the source material as he claims. :francis:

With that said it doesn't mean that it won't be great. Also lets be honest. The general public doesn't know the villain that well so as long as MBJ gives a great performance it likely won't matter how accurate it is. Which is maybe why Coogler wanted him in that role. He knows how to get great performances out of MBJ and now he'll do that in a villain role.