Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Then it's time Coates stop playing and bring back the cerebral, contingency planning, calm, one of the top fighters in comics period, Black Excellence T'Challa immediately :ufdup:

Shiiiieet, with the sales his book is having, he can more or less do what the fukk he wants and editorial will cosign it. BP is now competing with Kal-El breh. Kal-El! :damn:

WIth that said, based on what I've seen in #5 and #6, it appears Coates' BP might be sloooowly heading towards what you hope to get....somewhat. :ld:

We won't get the old BP back though. That ship has sailed. Especially with the numbers this book is getting.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Hickman run showed how good men can go down a dark path to do whatever takes to survive, we seen a lot of vulnerability in the Illuminati. T'challa was all over the place and he lost the most out of all of them. Letting Namor live and his father checking on that shyt was dope. Another reason why I like this run so much because it's all about redemption for him.

What books/issues/volumes is all this Namor and Thanos stuff go down in?

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
What books/issues/volumes is all this Namor and Thanos stuff go down in?

New Avengers Vol 4 by Hickman. Definitely give it a read, its very relevant to the Coates run. You can almost consider the Coates run a direct sequal to what went down in New Avengers and Secret Wars, as far as T'Challa and Wakanda is concerned.

New Avengers issues: 1-4, 7-12, 18-24.

Secret Wars:7-9.

That should get you up to speed with a lot of what is happening in the Coates run.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
New Avengers Vol 4 by Hickman. Definitely give it a read, its very relevant to the Coates run. You can almost consider the Coates run a direct sequal to what went down in New Avengers and Secret Wars, as far as T'Challa and Wakanda is concerned.

New Avengers issues: 1-4, 7-12, 18-24.

Secret Wars:7-9.

That should get you up to speed with a lot of what is happening in the Coates run.

Aite, bet. I'm also a subscriber to the MU app, but I've got a shytload of that era Marvel/BP books digitally on my own as well, so some of those I may already have and just haven't gone thru entire. I believe I have all of the BP volumes on my own.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Shiiiieet, with the sales his book is having, he can more or less do what the fukk he wants and editorial will cosign it. BP is now competing with Kal-El breh. Kal-El! :damn:

WIth that said, based on what I've seen in #5 and #6, it appears Coates' BP might be sloooowly heading towards what you hope to get....somewhat. :ld:

We won't get the old BP back though. That ship has sailed. Especially with the numbers this book is getting.
I understand that and that's great for real but I hate that new white fans think Wakanda is about rape and Panthers a punk that can't fight or hold down his country. This new Panther they're exposed to is neutered :scust:Hopefully the movie version is the one they gravitate more towards and he isn't nerfed in his own damn movie :francis:

teacher

All Star
Daps
Then it's time Coates stop playing and bring back the cerebral, contingency planning, calm, one of the top fighters in comics period, Black Excellence T'Challa immediately :ufdup:

I feel like since 5 he's slowly moving in that direction...Coates seems to be a slow burn, but I guess that's due to him trying to develop all the background characters

teacher

All Star
Daps
Due to this, I think I'll start/continue to support the cause a bit more with buying more variant covers. Initially, I was practically against buying variants, just cuz, but I did end up buying a couple last time and I definitely prefer the variants on #6 over its reg. cover.

This run got me into variant covers a lot more. I def check them out and even copped a few.

EDIT: Stelfreeze stepped his game up with the regular covers lately too. I'll def cop #7 and #8.

BP competing with Superman and Wonder Woman in 2016, two years before the solo movie. Who would've thought that would've happened. :banderas:

I've got every 1st print variant from 2-6 and I'm just missing 3 covers for #1....hopefully the solo movie does real well to increase the value of his comics exponentially :patrice:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I feel like since 5 he's slowly moving in that direction...Coates seems to be a slow burn, but I guess that's due to him trying to develop all the background characters

Indeed. T'Challa's portrayal in #5 and #6 has definitely improved compared to previous issues.

I'm hoping it keeps up, T'Challa seems to finally have a plan in motion and that plan appears to be working.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I understand that and that's great for real but I hate that new white fans think Wakanda is about rape and Panthers a punk that can't fight or hold down his country. This new Panther they're exposed to is neutered :scust:Hopefully the movie version is the one they gravitate more towards and he isn't nerfed in his own damn movie :francis:

The movie version is the one the general public will gravitate to, simply because it will attract the largest audience hands down. There is no question about it.

As for the Coates run, T'Challa's portrayal has been improving, especially in #5 and #6. We won't get the Priest/Hudlin/Liss T'Challa--or even Hickman T'Challa--that's gone. But assuming the momentum in the Coates run continues, I feel we'll get a T'Challa that will pass the competency test that many longtime BP fans are familiar with.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I've got every 1st print variant from 2-6 and I'm just missing 3 covers for #1....hopefully the solo movie does real well to increase the value of his comics exponentially :patrice:

There are also BP variants for other titles. Totally Awesome hulk has a variant featuring T'Challa and Ororo, for example. International (or Invinsible, can't remember) Iron-Man has T'Challa in a variant cover.

BP covers are all over the place. Best way to keep track of them, ironically, is to buy the BP issues. They list all the BP variant covers coming out each month in the last page of each issue. More incentive to buy I guess. Rather clever.

Last edited:

teacher

All Star
Daps
There are also BP variants for other titles. Totally Awesome hulk has a variant featuring T'Challa and Ororo, for example. International (or Invinsible, can't remember) Iron-Man has T'Challa in a variant cover.

BP covers are all over the place. Best way to keep track of them, ironically, is to buy the BP issues. They list all the BP variant covers coming out each month in the last page of each issue. More incentive to buy I guess. Rather clever.

Totally awesome hulk has one? which issue # or is it dropping with the new issues dropping featuring BP? Yea I have pretty much all the BP variant covers for other comics, The only one I'm aware of I don't have is the Ultimates #3 variant BP 50th anniversary. I can't even find it online...maybe I'll try ebay :ohhh:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Totally awesome hulk has one? which issue # or is it dropping with the new issues dropping featuring BP? Yea I have pretty much all the BP variant covers for other comics, The only one I'm aware of I don't have is the Ultimates #3 variant BP 50th anniversary. I can't even find it online...maybe I'll try ebay :ohhh:

Yea, Totally Awesome Hulk #10 has this BP variant. Comes out September 28.

latest

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You haven't read 6 but to me it finally seems kinda priest-esque with how he is setting up to take down the 'people'. The biggest difference is priest would of done it in max 2 issues probably an issue and a half and by the end of the second issue BP would of took down the people; where coates took 6 issues to get to that point. I'm currently reading the priest run along side the coates... I do much prefer coates writing though, priest at times comes off cheesy IMO :yeshrug:
After you finish the priest run, check for Geoff Johns' Avengers run, McDuffie's fantastic 4, Hickman's New Avengers and even Hudlin's BP run. You'll see why so many longtime readers are upset with Coates portrayal of Tchalla and how much he's changed the established history of Wakanda. But if you're enjoying Coates run, more power to you. I'll keep peeping it in hopes it'll get better