Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Though we all should def state our grievances about this current book (shyt, I've done it many times), I think it's also important for all of us to look at the big picture, as far as the BP franchise is concern.

Lets remember where we at, at the moment:

-We have a movie coming out.

-The comic book (for better or worse) is a high-selling book, and is getting positive reviews along the way.

-The BP franchise is getting a spin-off book. The book might be trash when it comes out, but the mere fact that we're getting one says a whole lot.

-BP is being featured in major video game franchises.

-BP will be featured in the upcoming Avengers Assemble cartoon show.

-We have a freakin movie coming out :damn:

Let's remember that not long ago, we only had one book of BP content in New Avengers. In that book, Wakanda got blown the fukk up! AND all Wakandans got killed, including a key supporting character in Shuri. T'Challa was DOLO as far as BP representation was concerned in a heavily crowded event book with no solo book in sight.

The BP franchise is in a faaaaarrrrrrr better place than ever before. It is more popular than it has ever been. The comic books are no longer our only source of quality BP content. We have options now:myman:.

For those who are concerned that the Coates run will define BP to the public, do not worry. Young children will most likely be more familiar with BP via the Avengers Assemble cartoon show, not the comic.

The rest of the world will be familiar with BP via the MCU, not the comic. I'm confident that Coogler and the BP cast will put in the work to make the solo movie a solid project at the least, while giving solid portrayals of each character across the board.

As for the Coates run itself, I'll put it this way: Hudlin, who's run was highly criticized when it first came out, managed to improve his writing and ended his run on a solid note, writing wise. If Hudlin can improve, so can Coates. And as crazy as it sounds, I think Coates will improve as time goes on.

Yes, there will be all types of fukkery due to certain decisions he makes, but hell, name me one BP writer who didn't make one or many decisions that even longtime BP fans didn't like. Every one of them have done that. It's part of the game.

Coates will be the writer for a while. I think in time, the Coates run will be looked quite differently once his run concludes, especially if he goes all the way to 60 issues. Which is something that has happened to both Priest's and Hudlin's run. And if one still doesn't like Coates' run, guess what? You don't have to read it! You can get your BP fix via other mediums. The old days of having BP content coming from the comics books only are over. :youngsabo:

In short, we'll be alright brehs. We'll be alright:obama:

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
And as great as Spawn was... b/c he truly was on fire in his hey day due to that costume and concept... which, again, was golden... he fizzled imo bc of questionable (garbage) creative decisions, convoluted story telling and they even swapped him out for a white guy for a handful of years before they just brought Al back a few months ago.

Not to mention he spent a chunk of his time lookin like a bug zombie instead of a black man. And i say this as someone who loved Spawn... or well, who loved the animated series with Keith David/Goliath voicing him. Also why i say BP can be even more of a trend setting black hero without any of those compromises that Spawn was shackled with.

Spawn is on fire again. I've been reading since 258 or so issues. If you want to know where he's at

Wanda died. Spawn battled Satan in Hell for control of Wanda's soul...but Satan wants the suit....So....now Al Simmons is resurrected but with no powers.

I read #6 last night...my feelings still have not changed but it has improved. Overall, it's still a wait-n-see BUT one thing is evident, Coates can't (or won't) write action for ish. Now to head over to CBR :lolbron:

jackson35

Banned
Daps
disney has the last word on how the movie will come out. disney is one of the most white supremacist studios in the world. be very afrais of how bp will turn out

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Though we all should def state our grievances about this current book (shyt, I've done it many times), I think it's also important for all of us to look at the big picture, as far as the BP franchise is concern.

Let remember where we at, at the moment:

-We have a movie coming out.

-The comic book (for better or worse) is a high-selling book, and is getting positive reviews along the way.

-The BP franchise is getting a spin-off book. The book might be trash when it comes out, but the mere fact that we're getting one says a whole lot.

-BP is being featured in major video game franchises.

-BP will be featured in the upcoming Avengers Assemble cartoon show.

-We have a freakin movie coming out :damn:

Let's remember that not long ago, we only had one book of BP content in New Avengers. In that book, Wakanda got blown the fukk up! AND all Wakandans got killed, including a key supporting character in Shuri. T'Challa was DOLO as far as BP representation was concerned in a heavily crowded event book with no solo book in sight.

The BP franchise is in a faaaaarrrrrrr better place than ever before. It is more popular than it has ever been. The comic books are no long our only source of quality BP content. We have options now:myman:.

For those who are concerned that the Coates run will define BP to the public, do not worry. Young children will most likely be more familiar with BP via the Avengers Assemble cartoon show, not the comic.

The rest of the world will be familiar with BP via the MCU, not the comic. I'm confident that Coogler and the BP cast will put in the work to make the solo movie a solid project at the least, while giving solid portrayals of each character across the board.

As for the Coates run itself, I'll put it this way: Hudlin, who's run was highly criticized when it first came out, managed to improve his writing and ended his run on a solid note, writing wise. If Hudlin can improve, so can Coates. And as crazy as it sounds, I think Coates will improve as time goes on.

Yes, there will be all types of fukkery due to certain decisions he makes, but hell, name me one BP writer who didn't make one or many decisions that even longtime BP fans didn't like. Every one of them have done that. It's part of the game.

Coates will be the writer for a while. I think in time, the Coates run will be looked quite differently once his run concludes, especially if he goes all the way to 60 issues. Which is something that has happened to both Priest's and Hudlin's run. And if one still doesn't like Coates' run, guess what? You don't have to read it! You can get your BP fix via other mediums. The old days of having BP content coming from the comics books only are over. :youngsabo:

In short, we'll be alright brehs. We'll be alright:obama:
:ehh::myman:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
ufa0vRn.jpg

teacher

All Star
Daps
Finally T'challa making his move... stane, tetu, zenzi, rebel dora's :ufdup:

Next issue "Mob Deep" :whoo::whew::ohlawd: I can hear shook ones pt II playing in the background when they come through :krs:

" rock you in the face stab your brain with your nose bone, you all alone in these hunt's cousin..." :banderas:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
disney has the last word on how the movie will come out. disney is one of the most white supremacist studios in the world. be very afrais of how bp will turn out

Luke Cage's representation and very soon impending show early reviews/response has shown that they they not doing us dirty just yet. I'm cautiously optimistic, but leaning more on optimism more and more as the days progress.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I found that interview interesting.

My very first thought from the very first question he responded to was that he clearly lurks on the CBR forum. :ehh: Because he pretty much acknowledged and addressed many of the essential talking points from there.

Now I haven't bothered to see how that CBR group has taken to his response, as they can get emotional... but speaking for myself, as i read through his answers, i could see both the glass half empty and glass half full way one could take his.. perspective. For ex. -as a point of contention- i can see the Doras as no more arm ornaments for T'Challa as the Hatut Zeraze. Nitpicky shyt aside, they're both essentially military factions, one all women the other all male, who dedicate their lives to protect the royal family... but he's choosing to make it a sexist-masochist damnation for one but not the other. When both simply serve as background characters to BP and Shuri, literally and figuratively, in which you could make it as glorified or as damning as you could any secret service agent/blackops worker/royal guard.

Also, editorial not telling writers how Secret Wars was going to end is lowkey fukked up. Bc to me, if you're going to acknowledge all the mishaps of bp (to keep it 'honest') then you better acknowledge that he and reed saved all of existence, bp came up with the plan, and he restored wakanda after annihilation. So the implication that Coates was kept in the dark about that... was very interesting to me.

Well uh duh, that's because it would only legit make any sense in that direction for one and not the other tho.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Well lets see how Luke Cage turns out in 2 weeks..... thats the first test and sample size:takedat:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm in wait and see mode with Coates run, but at this point my expectations are low. His representation of Wakanda and Tchalla is one of weakness and ineptitude. I understand Wakanda been taking hits since doomwar and it won't make sense to have everything gets fixed immediately, but Coates has not portrayed a character who is capable of fixing anything. Not to mention the forced feminist subplot and the use of foreign advisors and combatants. Coates seems like he capable of doing better, so I hope he will improve and we won't see this play out like captain Sam Wilson where we hear of a characters greatness but are only shown his failures. Need to go back and read secret invasion: see Wakanda and die after finishing BP#6