Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
This is a good look for her, and I'm not even talking about the new wardrobe. The siblings are now recognizably distinct from each other and I get a wiser, re-purposed Wonder Woman-ish vibe from her story arc. If that's anywhere in the ballpark of what she's becoming symbolically, that's exactly what she needed.

Shuri's "transformation" low key reminds me of the Megatron to Galvatron upgrade:jbhmm:

I know, I know, random as hell:manny:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BLAPWAK2016002-cov.jpg

BLAPWAK2016002-var.jpg

Like i theorized, he (via Roxane in this case) is going to open up and pour a bucket of rubbing alcohol on every scar, scrape, wound, gash of the last x amount of years. Namor era is on deck.
This is a good look.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
@Ironman your kind right

“Every frame” of Black Panther’s Civil War suit was digitally enhanced

“Every frame” of Black Panther’s Civil War suit was digitally enhanced

If you’ve seen Captain America: Civil War, you know that the movie is pretty heavy on special effects pixie dust. But the film’s Blu-ray commentary conveys just how much of the finished product is the result of digital artistry. And,according to ScreenCrush, that includes “every frame” of the suited Black Panther. Some Black Panther sequences, like the one featuring him leaping to and from vehicles within a high tunnel, are obviously enhanced. But director Joe Russo confirms that every moment of the Wakandan hero came courtesy of Industrial Light And Magic:

We had an outfit that we used on set. It’s impossible when you’re talking about an otherworldly outfit like the one that the Panther wears, which has a certain luminescence to it because it’s made of a woven metal. We could never afford to construct an outfit like that that an actor or a stunt player could move around in without sweating to death or that would capture the luminescence that we need. So what we ended up doing in post is ILM came in and painted over Chadwick and the stuntman. The outfit is completely CG.

To be clear, there was an actor or stuntman in a suit, performing on set. Their work created the reference points that ILM used to bring the CG Black Panther to life.

That Marvel Studios would completely animate a suited hero isn’t all that surprising; characters like War Machine are heavily reliant on computer effects already, and Spider-Man was pretty clearly digital (and rubbery) for most of his scenes. But given these more obvious animated characters, T’Challa’s digital alter-ego is noteworthy for looking real and blending in with physical sets and actors. It also means that Chadwick Boseman can probably focus more on delivering agrittier performance when production starts on the standalone Black Panther film next year.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
Black panther to appear on Disney's Avengers Assemble Cartoon. :whoo:

"Panther's Rage" TBA TBA September 25, 2016 317 TBD

Despite their differences, the Avengers manage to team up with Black Panther in order to stop the revived Ulysses Klaue (who is being powered by Ultron) from destroying Wakanda in order to obtain its Vibranium.

Airdate: 9/25/2016

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Man if you showed that scene with the Doras to some Africans... :russ:
I gotta check the issue numbers for Johns run when i get a chance, will update when I do

:heh:Yoooooooooooo, the reactions would be low key hilarious. No question, their overall opinions on it would be pretty clear.

I'll give Coates credit on how he handled that aspect of the MAs though. It's def part of who they are, but its not their defining factor, nor was it used as gimmick. He quickly established that they are lovers and rolled that way, and he kept it moving.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
EXCLUSIVE: Danai Gurira on Significance of ‘Black Panther’ and Giving ‘Voice to the African Story’

by Stacy Lambe 1:30 PM PDT, September 23, 2016

1280_danai_gurira_getty.jpg

Photo: Getty Images

On Saturday, at the 2016 Global Citizen Festival in Central Park, Danai Gurira will appear onstage to introduce a video that follows the lives of children living in the Nyumbani Village, a sustainable AIDS community in Nairobi, Kenya.

Born in the United States, the Walking Dead actress moved to Zimbabwe with her family after the country gained its independence. “I grew up in the '80s and '90s in one of the hardest-hit countries,” Gurira tells ET, explaining why it was important for her to co-write and narrate the video. “It really shaped my upbringing. Witnessing something like that as a young child definitely shaped how I saw the world and how I knew that ultimately one day, I would try to contribute.”

For Gurira, that meant bringing a face and life to an issue that she saw “presented largely as statistics,” she says, “but I knew it was something far more alive and connected to human beings.” Her first play, In the Continuum, about two women navigating the world after contracting AIDS, directly addressed the stories she saw firsthand. “From then on, my goal was always to support this issue in every way I could."

In the years since, Gurira has made a career of telling African stories onstage and onscreen. Her Tony-nominated Broadway play Eclipsed, starring Lupita Nyong’o, told the story of Liberian women struggling to survive the Second Liberian Civil War, while she’s starred in films like Mother of George and Restless City. “I probably look like a one-trick pony, but that really is my thing,” she says. “I want to give face and voice to the African story. When I came to the U.S., I couldn’t find it. And so, creating plays like Eclipsed or In the Continuum, they're all about truly eradicating the concept of the other.”

While Gurira’s enjoyed mainstream success as Michonne on AMC’s The Walking Dead, that mission continues on in the upcoming Tupac biopic All Eyez on Me, in which she’ll portray Afeni Shakur, and Marvel’s Black Panther. Growing up listening to the rapper’s music in Zimbabwe, Gurira says she was very affected by his death. “It was deeply heartbreaking,” she says. “He was a very complex man … I found it a deep honor and deeply surreal to step into his life and portray the person who was probably the most important to him, his mother.”

Black Panther, starring Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa and directed by Ryan Coogler, represents a significant moment for superhero films. Not only is Black Panther the first major black superhero to get his own film, but his story will shift the narrative to Africa, albeit in a fictionalized country. “I grew up seeing a lot of superheroes and they didn’t look like me and they certainly weren’t in Africa,” Gurira, who plays Okoye, head of bodyguards to Black Panther, says of the film. “I think that it is something great for girls who are like me growing up. Growing up in Africa, we were looking for images we couldn’t always find.”

And maintaining these strong images requires continued work. “I want to see stories coming from the black female perspective,” Gurira says, taking on the responsibility to put those out there, while calling on Hollywood “to make sure they’re paying attention. We’re at a far better moment than we were at in the past, but there’s a lot of work to be done.”