Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they manage to nab Bassett and Denzel then this would be the best cast film of the MCU easily. Maybe pick up Leslie Odom Jr. now that he's done with Hamilton.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Peter Mensah was in Incredible Hulk waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when. Has the MCU ever recasted someone that was used in a previous MCU movie? Would love for him to be involved in the BP film somehow.

Lynn Whitfield as Ramonda...I'm down with that :ehh:

Teyonah as Shuri... I'm down...good actress...she's fine as hell:wow:
I completely forgot that. Man I don't think they even acknowledge TIH. And honestly Mark Ruffalo is The Hulk.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Statues got even cheaper

Amazon won't price adjust @Monoblock but you can return and rebuy .....I'm not doing it personally not that serious, wish they would of price adjusted though :mjcry:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Don't look too deeply into those comic con interviews brehs and brehettes, as everyone there is pretty green AF to the BP mythos outside of knowing about BP himself.

The fact that the interviewer asked Lupita & Danai whether they'll be shaving their heads bald to match the "dora milaje" look :mjlol:should immediately let you know that he has no idea what nakia and okoye actually look like :heh:much less anything about their actual significance in Priest's run.

And Coogler isn't allowed to say anything to anyone about anything, so he has to come up with generic answers just to be kind.

I'm sure in the next few days/weeks as everyone starts doing their google research on these characters, the fans/journalists/interviewers will be like "ahhhh :ohhh:"

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Don't look too deeply into those comic con interviews brehs and brehettes, as everyone there is pretty green AF to the BP mythos outside of knowing about BP himself.

The fact that the interviewer asked Lupita & Danai whether they'll be shaving their heads bald to match the "dora milaje" look :mjlol:should immediately let you know that he has no idea what nakia and okoye actually look like :heh:much less anything about their actual significance in Priest's run.

And Coogler isn't allowed to say anything to anyone about anything, so he has to come up with generic answers just to be kind.

I'm sure in the next few days/weeks as everyone starts doing their google research on these characters, the fans/journalists/interviewers will be like "ahhhh :ohhh:"

Looks can be revamped though, especially in film adaptions. T'challa was made bald in Priest's run.

Black Panther Director Ryan Coogler: Ta-Nehisi Coates Has 'Absolutely' Influenced the Movie

One of the highlights of Marvel’s massive Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con was the Black Panther portion, when an array of exceedingly talented black artists — actors Chadwick Boseman, Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B. Jordan, and Danai Gurira; and writer/director Ryan Coogler — stood side by side to hype up the studio’s first majority-black-cast film. It’s set to be released in 2018, but superhero fans already have a critically acclaimed and best-selling Panther story to tide them over: the current Marvel comic of the same name, written by MacArthur Genius Ta-Nehisi Coates, penciled by Brian Stelfreeze, and colored by Laura Martin. As it turns out, Coogler’s a big fan.

“Oh, I love it, man,” the filmmaker said when I asked him what he thinks of the series. “I mean, he’s my favorite writer right now in the world. Since being turned on to his work, I’m reading everything that he does. His nonfiction work, especially. But what he’s doing with Panther is just incredible. You can really see his background as a poet in some of the dialogue. And what Brian Stelfreeze is doing with the visuals in that book. And some of the questions that it’s asking. It’s just inspiring for [co-screenwriter] Joe Robert Cole and myself."

“So, it’s influenced the way you think about the character?” I asked. “Absolutely, absolutely,” he replied. “What’s so great about Panther is he’s a superhero who, if you grab him and ask him if he’s a superhero, he’ll tell you, ‘No.’ He sees himself as a politician, as a leader in his country. It just so happens that the country is a warrior-based nation where the leaders have to be warriors, as well, so sometimes he has to go fight. I think starting at that is really so interesting. If you look at that, anything that’s happening in the world right now, or in the world in the past, in the political realm and how people deal with each other, it can be an inspiration.”

====

nsr.gif

I don't know to think about this one brehs and brehettes. The Coates run might end up being good, if not great when its all said and done. But I do have my concerns about it at the moment. What say you all?

I mean, what do you expect him to say?

Imagine Coogler just shytting on Coates. :dead:

Black Panther is the best-selling comic of the year, no one outside of fundamentalist BP fanatics (and especially the man put to direct the movie of this superhero) can just trash Coates' run for no reason. :yeshrug: Infact, no one is actually hating this BP arc hardbody aside from the CBR forums, from all the reviews and discussions I see about it.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

What if they DO end up bald? :ohhh:

I don't blame the interviewer too much, the Dora in Civil War was bald and outside of the Priest run, all of the Doras were bald.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Looks can be revamped though, especially in film adaptions. T'challa was made bald in Priest's run.
What does that have to do with him not having a clue what those two actually look like (or else he wouldnt assume they were bald), not knowing their character arcs and just goin by a look he saw one woman have in the movie? :heh:

Thats why i say folks shouldnt look too deeply into these early interviews bc they dont know anything about these characters yet and coogler isnt allowed to spill the beans

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Very good point. Civil War set a precedent already, so Nakia and Okoye could be bald.

I mean, what do you expect him to say?

Imagine Coogler just shytting on Coates. :dead:

Black Panther is the best-selling comic of the year, no one outside of fundamentalist BP fanatics (and especially the man put to direct the movie of this superhero) can just trash Coates' run for no reason. :yeshrug: Infact, no one is actually hating this BP arc hardbody aside from the CBR forums, from all the reviews and discussions I see about it.

LOL not saying he should trash Coates. In fact, I wouldn't be too surprised if he actually liked it, a lot of people do. The flaws of Coates' run just really stick out to me, hence why I was like :ld:at first.

That said, the movie will be fine, I'm not trippin :obama:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Very good point. Civil War set a precedent already, so Nakia and Okoye could be bald.

Interviewer: "So, hair shaving right?"

Lupita/Danai: :merchant::usure:

Coogler: "Haha... we're still working all that out :whoa:"

:mjlol:

i don't want them bald anyway, i'd rather have afrikan women with creative afrikan hairstyles on the big stage... ironically like what we saw from those two at comic con... instead of all lookin like a bald foot clan. One thing i give Coates/Stelfreeze credit for is distinguishing Aneka & Ayo from the rest, it's just obvious marketing strategy when you're trying to personalize characters. Aneka, Ayo, Zenzi, Ramonda... all being repped with different afrikan hairstyles. Even Shuri seems to be growin something.