Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Angela Bassett as someone's mother has gotten cliche for me

Peter Mensah for S'Yan
Lynn Whitfield for Ramonda
Teyonah Parris for Shuri

Angela Bassett is an Academy Award nominated , Golden Globe winning, power house of an actress who brings gravitas, class, and substance to every single role she's ever played. Beyond that she is one of few African American actresses who I believe could MASTER the African accent and dialect that they have chosen for the film. Ramonda is MUCH more than someone's "mother" she is pretty much the Queen Regent until T'Challa takes a bride. She is a source of wisdom, strength, and regality; characteristics that Ms Basset possesses in spades.

Peter Mensah was already in Incredible Hulk. I don't think Marvel is too keen on messing with continuity.

Teyonnah Parris is a Goddess, she is currently the most beautiful actress in Hollywood in my opinion. If she's cast man she'd HAVE to be the love interest. If I was Chadwicke I'd be too distracted trying to get with her to believably portray her brother lmao

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Angela Bassett is an Academy Award nominated , Golden Globe winning, power house of an actress who brings gravitas, class, and substance to every single role she's ever played. Beyond that she is one of few African American actresses who I believe could MASTER the African accent and dialect that they have chosen for the film. Ramonda is MUCH more than someone's "mother" she is pretty much the Queen Regent until T'Challa takes a bride. She is a source of wisdom, strength, and regality; characteristics that Ms Basset possesses in spades.

Peter Mensan was already in Incredible Hulk. I don't think Marvel is too keen on messing with continuity.

Teyonnah Parris is a Goddess, she is currently the most beautiful actress in Hollywood in my opinion. If she's cast man she'd HAVE to be the love interest. If Imwas Chadwicke I'd be too distracted trying to get with her to believably portray her brother lmao

:russ:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
EW interview here: 'Black Panther' director on importance of representation in superhero movies

New Info:

(1) Black Panther takes place shortly after the events of Civil War
(2) Ryan is putting the finishing touches on the script right now
(3) Coogler: “In our Wakanda, it’s not vibranium that makes them special,” he says. “It’s their culture and who they are that makes them special. It just so happens that they have this mineral there that they use.”
(4) Coogler: “The thing that’s really cool about Wakanda that we know from the books, that’s consistent with all the different stories, is that they worship the panther goddess,” Coogler explains. “It’s a place where gender roles are very different than how we see them in today’s age. The Dora Milaje are the most elite fighters in the country, and you can only be a woman in the Dora Milaje.”

So BP is going to take the back seat and this will be a Women Empowerment Film? lol

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
So BP is going to take the back seat and this will be a Women Empowerment Film? lol

:whoa: nah, I don't think that's what he's trying to say breh. Women have always played a BIG part in the BP-mythos, and a big part in T'Challa's life. There's a very strong chance that the majority of his allies in the movie will be women, in fact.

T'Challa's moms, Ramonda, is the Queen Mother and potential Regent of Wakanda, in case neither of her children are available to rule.

T'Challa sister, Shuri, is the Princess of Wakanda and a highly-trained warrior as well.

Nakia and Okoye are part of the Dora Milaje, an all-female elite unit that represents all tribes of Wakanda and protects the King and the royal family. They are highly respected in Wakandan society. Harming a Dora in Wakandan soil can result in being killed.

In short, the women in the BP-verse play a much different role in Wakandan society than one may think. Hence Cooglers words, imho.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:whoa: nah, I don't think that's what he's trying to say breh. Women have always played a BIG part in the BP-mythos, and a big part in T'Challa's life. There's a very strong chance that the majority of his allies in the movie will be women, in fact.

T'Challa's moms, Ramonda, is the Queen Mother and potential Regent of Wakanda, in case neither of her children are available to rule.

T'Challa sister, Shuri, is the Princess of Wakanda and a highly-trained warrior as well.

Nakia and Okoye are part of the Dora Milaje, an all-female elite unit that represents all tribes of Wakanda and protect the King and the royal family. They are highly respected in Wakandan society. Harming a Dora in Wakandan soil can result in being killed.

In short, the women in the BP-verse play a much different role in Wakandan society than one may think. Hence Cooglers words, imho.

Gotcha. I guess my thing Is I just want them tp present the BP Universe vs trying to Turn Up certain aspects a notch to push certain agendas.

We also gotta remember this isn't a "Black Film" so I`m expecting some curve balls to be thrown in.

Supreme HD

Superstar
Daps
Someone PLEASE make Chadwick's face a smilie :feedme:

shyt is hilarious :russ:

CoGbeVdWEAAvllD.jpg
Lol where this from?

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Black Panther Director Ryan Coogler: Ta-Nehisi Coates Has 'Absolutely' Influenced the Movie

One of the highlights of Marvel’s massive Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con was the Black Panther portion, when an array of exceedingly talented black artists — actors Chadwick Boseman, Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B. Jordan, and Danai Gurira; and writer/director Ryan Coogler — stood side by side to hype up the studio’s first majority-black-cast film. It’s set to be released in 2018, but superhero fans already have a critically acclaimed and best-selling Panther story to tide them over: the current Marvel comic of the same name, written by MacArthur Genius Ta-Nehisi Coates, penciled by Brian Stelfreeze, and colored by Laura Martin. As it turns out, Coogler’s a big fan.

“Oh, I love it, man,” the filmmaker said when I asked him what he thinks of the series. “I mean, he’s my favorite writer right now in the world. Since being turned on to his work, I’m reading everything that he does. His nonfiction work, especially. But what he’s doing with Panther is just incredible. You can really see his background as a poet in some of the dialogue. And what Brian Stelfreeze is doing with the visuals in that book. And some of the questions that it’s asking. It’s just inspiring for [co-screenwriter] Joe Robert Cole and myself."

“So, it’s influenced the way you think about the character?” I asked. “Absolutely, absolutely,” he replied. “What’s so great about Panther is he’s a superhero who, if you grab him and ask him if he’s a superhero, he’ll tell you, ‘No.’ He sees himself as a politician, as a leader in his country. It just so happens that the country is a warrior-based nation where the leaders have to be warriors, as well, so sometimes he has to go fight. I think starting at that is really so interesting. If you look at that, anything that’s happening in the world right now, or in the world in the past, in the political realm and how people deal with each other, it can be an inspiration.”

====

nsr.gif

I don't know to think about this one brehs and brehettes. The Coates run might end up being good, if not great when its all said and done. But I do have my concerns about it at the moment. What say you all?
Yall made me nervous with Panther apparently getting his ass whooped in these current issues:hamster:
Don't tell me King Black Excellence is taking multiple Ls in his own movie while just in the previous film literally matched the star of the movie he debuted in:francis:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Gotcha. I guess my thing Is I just want them tp present the BP Universe vs trying to Turn Up certain aspects a notch to push certain agendas.

Indeed. The female characters are essential to the BP-universe. It wouldn't be the same without them.

We also gotta remember this isn't a "Black Film" so I`m expecting some curve balls to be thrown in.

AKA Bucky showing up and putting in some work for a bit lol....

....damn, that might actually happen :snoop:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Yall made me nervous with Panther apparently getting his ass whooped in these current issues:hamster:
Don't tell me King Black Excellence is taking multiple Ls in his own movie while just in the previous film literally matched the star of the movie he debuted in:francis:

LOL, I think it'll be fine, no need to panic. I have faith that Coogler and Co. will get it done well and done right. They are clearly looking at other runs as well, being that they included Nakia and Okoye to the fold.

doublex

Pro
Daps

The Black Panther comic book is already empowering to women. It's got a team of amazon women in it. It's kind of impossible to do that and not be empowering.

Black Panther's still the central hero of the comic just like he'll still be the central hero of the movie. All other characters are there to serve his story.

Last edited: