Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

I got giddy from 35sec on to 55sec

tumblr_m5ivj475cS1rrtdw4o1_400_zpsehutq9ar.gif

doublex

Pro
Daps
EW interview here: 'Black Panther' director on importance of representation in superhero movies

New Info:

(1) Black Panther takes place shortly after the events of Civil War
(2) Ryan is putting the finishing touches on the script right now
(3) Coogler: “In our Wakanda, it’s not vibranium that makes them special,” he says. “It’s their culture and who they are that makes them special. It just so happens that they have this mineral there that they use.”
(4) Coogler: “The thing that’s really cool about Wakanda that we know from the books, that’s consistent with all the different stories, is that they worship the panther goddess,” Coogler explains. “It’s a place where gender roles are very different than how we see them in today’s age. The Dora Milaje are the most elite fighters in the country, and you can only be a woman in the Dora Milaje.”

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
EW interview here: 'Black Panther' director on importance of representation in superhero movies

New Info:

(1) Black Panther takes place shortly after the events of Civil War
(2) Ryan is putting the finishing touches on the script right now
(3) Coogler: “In our Wakanda, it’s not vibranium that makes them special,” he says. “It’s their culture and who they are that makes them special. It just so happens that they have this mineral there that they use.”
(4) Coogler: “The thing that’s really cool about Wakanda that we know from the books, that’s consistent with all the different stories, is that they worship the panther goddess,” Coogler explains. “It’s a place where gender roles are very different than how we see them in today’s age. The Dora Milaje are the most elite fighters in the country, and you can only be a woman in the Dora Milaje.”

Hmm, I thought they were going in real time in the MCU. Looks like they will start further back, and then bring it to "present time"?

doublex

Pro
Daps
Hmm, I thought they were going in real time in the MCU. Looks like they will start further back, and then bring it to "present time"?

It's especially interesting considering BP is supposed to tie right into Infinity War.

They also announced that GOTG 2 takes place just a few months after GOTG.

Makes me wonder if Infinity War is supposed to take place not long after CW.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Creed was my favorite movie last year. MBJ deserved legit oscar consideration. I was happy to see him listed to play a villain.

Still not sure I see him as Killmonger :francis:

Aldis Hodge would have been great. And recently I've been thinking if Omar Sy was out of his X-Men contract he would have been perfect.

maxresdefault.jpg

:wow:

I'm rooting for Coogler and MBJ to deliver another classic. I think they will :yeshrug:
Great actor

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn he really did not like the portrayal of tchaka got real personal talking about the man's body and shyt, so cold :mjlol:
"T'Chaka is not fat" :mjlol:

NGL though a heavy set T'Chaka comes off as more 'fatherly' than a fit man would.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Courtney B. Vance for S'Yan
Angela Bassett For Ramonda
Kharidja Toure for Shuri

Kilmonger doesn't need named henchman. All the film needs is to show him reconnecting with his ancestral village. They will fight for him

Angela Bassett as someone's mother has gotten cliche for me

Peter Mensah for S'Yan
Lynn Whitfield for Ramonda
Teyonah Parris for Shuri

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Black Panther Director Ryan Coogler: Ta-Nehisi Coates Has 'Absolutely' Influenced the Movie

One of the highlights of Marvel’s massive Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con was the Black Panther portion, when an array of exceedingly talented black artists — actors Chadwick Boseman, Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B. Jordan, and Danai Gurira; and writer/director Ryan Coogler — stood side by side to hype up the studio’s first majority-black-cast film. It’s set to be released in 2018, but superhero fans already have a critically acclaimed and best-selling Panther story to tide them over: the current Marvel comic of the same name, written by MacArthur Genius Ta-Nehisi Coates, penciled by Brian Stelfreeze, and colored by Laura Martin. As it turns out, Coogler’s a big fan.

“Oh, I love it, man,” the filmmaker said when I asked him what he thinks of the series. “I mean, he’s my favorite writer right now in the world. Since being turned on to his work, I’m reading everything that he does. His nonfiction work, especially. But what he’s doing with Panther is just incredible. You can really see his background as a poet in some of the dialogue. And what Brian Stelfreeze is doing with the visuals in that book. And some of the questions that it’s asking. It’s just inspiring for [co-screenwriter] Joe Robert Cole and myself."

“So, it’s influenced the way you think about the character?” I asked. “Absolutely, absolutely,” he replied. “What’s so great about Panther is he’s a superhero who, if you grab him and ask him if he’s a superhero, he’ll tell you, ‘No.’ He sees himself as a politician, as a leader in his country. It just so happens that the country is a warrior-based nation where the leaders have to be warriors, as well, so sometimes he has to go fight. I think starting at that is really so interesting. If you look at that, anything that’s happening in the world right now, or in the world in the past, in the political realm and how people deal with each other, it can be an inspiration.”

====

nsr.gif

I don't know to think about this one brehs and brehettes. The Coates run might end up being good, if not great when its all said and done. But I do have my concerns about it at the moment. What say you all?

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Angela Bassett as someone's mother has gotten cliche for me

Peter Mensah for S'Yan
Lynn Whitfield for Ramonda
Teyonah Parris for Shuri

Peter Mensah was in Incredible Hulk waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when. Has the MCU ever recasted someone that was used in a previous MCU movie? Would love for him to be involved in the BP film somehow.

Lynn Whitfield as Ramonda...I'm down with that :ehh:

Teyonah as Shuri... I'm down...good actress...she's fine as hell:wow: