Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
HERE WE GO

black-panther-world-of-wakanda-191536.jpg

(Photo: Marvel Entertainment)

At today’s Diamond Comics Retailer Presentation at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2016, Marvel Comics announced Black Panther: World of Wakanda, a new series set to expand the universe and flesh out the supporting cast of the Black Panther. Black Panther: World of Wakanda will be overseen my Black Panther writer Ta-Nehisi Coates. Each story arc of the series will focus on a different new character featured in the main Black Pantherseries.

The first story arc will be co-written by Coates and Roxanne Gay (Bad Feminist, An Untamed State). The story will spotlight Ayo and Aneka, who were introduced in Black Panther as two members of the elite Dora Milaje security force that have become disillusioned with Wakanda and gone rogue, now wear powerful suits of technological armor and calling themselves The Midnight Angels. The story will show how they made the decision to leave their position, and of how they realized that they were in love with each other.

Black Panther: World of Wakanda #1 will also feature a 10-page backup story co-written by Coates and Yona Harvey (Hemming the Water) with art by Afua Richardson. The story will focus on Zenzi, the mysterious woman who set off the riot that began Coates’ Black Panther series.

Check out Richardson’s cover to Black Panther: World of Wakanda #1 below.
Im.real conflicted on this is can't deal with feminist writers. :scust:But Afua is the homie. :ohhh:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Im.real conflicted on this is can't deal with feminist writers. :scust:But Afua is the homie. :ohhh:

Yeah I didn't peep the feminist thing until later. :scust:

Still, her and Yona Harvey (who is not a feminist) broke barriers down at Marvel (thanks to Coates of course). And she's writing for black female characters... with all the hype Marvel pushed about Riri williams, it's still a fact that she was created by a white male writer like Bendis whose writing is tacky as hell and could never fulfill the racial nuances of that character. what's the point of making a black character to show inclusivity if you don't have a black perspective behind it? Black heroes written by black writers is always good.

If she knows how to write comic books properly, then it's all good with me.

And it's only the first story arc being written by her.

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

Still, her and Yona Harvey (who is not a feminist) broke barriers down at Marvel (thanks to Coates of course). And she's writing for black female characters...

If she knows how write comic books properly, then it's all good with me.

True. I may pick it up. If that shyt comes off as anti T'challa I'm out.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Still, her and Yona Harvey (who is not a feminist) broke barriers down at Marvel (thanks to Coates of course). And she's writing for black female characters... with all the hype Marvel pushed about Riri williams, it's still a fact that she was created by a white male writer like Bendis whose writing is tacky as hell and could never fulfill the racial nuances of that character. what's the point of making a black character to show inclusivity if you don't have a black perspective behind it? Black heroes written by black writers is always good.

If she knows how to write comic books properly, then it's all good with me.

Very important part. If this goes well, this book will basically be were the supporting cast will eat good for here on in. The Midnight Angels and Zenzi are the focus of the first arc. From there, you still have Ramonda, Shuri, and maybe even those from the Priest run like QDJ, White Wolf, Ross. shyt, if they even want to, they can focus on T'Chaka and the previous panthers. That would be crazy :banderas:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Very important part. If this goes well, this book will basically be were the supporting cast will eat good for here on in. The Midnight Angels and Zenzi are the focus of the first arc. From there, you still have Ramonda, Shuri, and maybe even those from the Priest run like QDJ, White Wolf, Ross. shyt, if they even want to, they can focus on T'Chaka and the previous panthers. That would be crazy :banderas:

Just endless possibilities for dopeness. I would love for some back to the past tales about the previous Panthers. There's a lot of nuances to covered. It also basically confirms T'challa is getting the crown back -- which was already my premonition before -- but I was afraid Shuri wouldn't have much role time after this arc but again this just means she'll get even more spotlight.

True. I may pick it up. If that shyt comes off as anti T'challa I'm out.

well the MAs are already anti-T'challa and plan to overthrow him... but I see what you mean.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Just endless possibilities for dopeness. I would love for some back to the past tales about the previous Panthers. There's a lot of nuances to covered. It also basically confirms T'challa is getting the crown back -- which was already my premonition before -- but I was afraid Shuri wouldn't have much role time after this arc but again this just means she'll get even more spotlight.

Being that the MA story is a prequel, I wouldn't be surprised to see Shuri in it, if they go back far enough to add context to the MA's time as Dora Milaje.

As for Shuri being Queen, considering her her journey right now, I honestly don't think she'll need it. Not to mention that, based on previous events and dialogue from the current run, the Wakandan people seemed to like her. She had the people's trust.

well the MAs are already anti-T'challa and plan to overthrow him... but I see what you mean.

Aw damn, forgot about that lol. Better brace myself for the potential rhetoric. :

louisvandross

the lesbian converter
Daps
Reppin
OG Coli Night

begins with civil war 2 panel, then full Chadwick Boseman autograph session, then interview with Christopher Priest, Black Panther writer from late 90s

Last edited: