Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
What's the chances of Monica Lynn showing up in the film now? Was really expecting her to be casted to the role

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Seems like they goin heavy with Christopher Priest's vision of BP

IMG_1274.PNG

Nakia BP and Okoye

Powers and Weapons

Thanks to a magic ritual, Nakia posses super-human stats and a minor healing factor, as well as incredible fighting skill.

Nakia is also extremely focused, showing no remorse for her victims and almost no emotions while in combat or when bedding with her slaves, seeing then as nothing more than tools.

She mostly uses weapons in combat, such as swords, spears and knives.

However, her most dangerous weapon is the Herb of Jufeiro, they are located in small heart-shapped pins, wich when attached to a man's skin, will immediately make them fall in love with her, to the point of becoming mindless drones to her will and ignoring whatever didnt bear any significance to her.

According to Nakia,the herb works on the man's inhibitions, bringing passion to the fore.

If they go with the heel turn and have her poison ivy xena warrior princess in this bytch :whew:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Seems like they goin heavy with Christopher Priest's vision of BP

IMG_1274.PNG

Nakia BP and Okoye

If they go with the heel turn and have her poison ivy xena warrior princess in this bytch :whew:

If you told me that Nakia would've been the female lead of the BP movie last year, I would've been like :dahell:

Funny how shyt works out. I would've said that Priest must be happy that his creations are being used, but he might shyt on it again lol.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Probably zero. I've got to say, I'm happy about that. Non-fighting lead characters tend to be a drag...

I think the casting people reached that conclusion as well. It was either heavily re-purpose her or take a big risk of her being outshined by the other characters, including the female ones.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
If they go with the Malice shyt? Oh boy :leon:

Kinda explains why Okoye is around, makes sense. Nakia is gonna fukk around and try to holla at the King :shaq:

Yessir. The original rumor was that Lupita would play a love interest. So this would make sense (imo Lupita playin Monica would've been wasting her afrikan accent/background), plus this is the type of role that if they go hard with it, heel turn and all, I could see why Lupita would want it.

I heard some say the reason she turned down bein Valkyrie in thor 3 was b/c she wanted something more complex than just bein a typical love interest. Nakia is and can definitely be that complex character.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Probably zero. I've got to say, I'm happy about that. Non-fighting lead characters tend to be a drag...

I think the casting people reached that conclusion as well. It was either heavily re-purpose her or take a big risk of her being outshined by the other characters, including the female ones.

You can count me as someone who doesn't really care for Monica that much. That said, I'm not sure if she's completely off the table yet. Part of the whole Okoye/T'Challa/Nakia dynamic was Monica. She was pretty much the catalyst for Nakia's heel turn.

Then again, the fact that they cast the Doras and Killmonger first lets you know how they feel about priority. But it'll be very interesting to see what other casting news happen. If Monica doesn't make the cut then that means they may go a completely different route in kick starting Nakia's transformation (and thats something i hope happens regardless of whether Monica is involved or not).