BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Black people as a whole? yea.

A group of black people from a specific part of the world that have isolated themselves from the rest of the world, including other Africans, for centuries? Highly doubtful.

Coogler and company might go a different direction with it but as is? I doubt it.
Leave them alone
They been trained to think white folks can just rape and ruin everything of color
:sadbagmj:
Cant POSSIBLY have an african superhero on some SOLELY african shyt :deadmanny:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Peeped the preview for Black Panther #3 coming out on June 29. Bunch of coli smileys galore, lol.:ohhh:

CkYJBBOXEAAtGiP.jpg

Shuri like :jbhmm:

Ramonda def like :blessed:

We need some BP smilies, kinda suprised it hasn't happened yet.:patrice:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Still shocks me.:wow:

I expected good sales, but man, shyt is crazy.

BP #2 also got a reprint, it came out today. The reprint comes with the Run The Jewels variant cover.

Black-Panther-2-Rahzzah-Run-the-Jewels-Second-Printing-Variant-revised-15b95.jpg

Finna hit up the comic book store like....

AZoRxSp.png

Should the sales of the book level at around 40k at the end of this story, that's a victory. Anything above that is just :wow:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
one reason I was pissed when michael b jordan was casted, seeing this guys face on the screen would immediately ruin the immersion, same way seeing ice cube or will smith would, then picture him forcing the accent, fukk that
Exactly. MBJ looks American af.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Black people as a whole? yea.

A group of black people from a specific part of the world that have isolated themselves from the rest of the world, including other Africans, for centuries or more? Highly doubtful.

Coogler and company might go a different direction with it but as is? I doubt it.
Is there really any scientific facts to back this tho because my mom is light skin and she's Nigerian

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Is there really any scientific facts to back this tho because my mom is light skin and she's Nigerian

I got light skinned cousins myself and my family and I are African, Cameroonian to be exact.

Historically--and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of what I'm about to say applies to your ethnic group as well--my ethnic group moved around a bit till we settled at a particular location hundreds of hundreds of years ago, or more. Add the fact that we didn't necessarily shut ourselves out from outsiders AND the eventual encounters with European colonization, forcing us to encounter even more outsiders, African and otherwise, and you have what we have today. This is especially true for ethnic groups in Cameroon and Nigeria. Both countries have over 200 ethnic groups, interacting and intermingling with each other (and with foreigners) for quite some time now.

Meanwhile, as far as we know, the Wakandans have been in more or less the same spot since the vibranium meteorite landed in their area hundreds, if not thousands of years ago. They've isolated themselves and have shunned foreigners (Africans AND non-Africans) strongly, until very, very, very recently. It's not until T'Challa's rule in the comics and T'Chaka's rule in the MCU--essentially modern times--that Wakanda begins to ease up on this.

The Wakandans have a far different history than the vast majority of African ethnic groups, especially those from both our countries of origin, who, willingly or not, ended up interacting with various outsiders throughout their history. The Wakandans willingly didn't move around much (if at all), and stayed to themselves. Therefore, it's very realistic for them to not vary in skin tone as much as we do. The rules that apply to us don't apply to them, due to the large historical difference concerning group movement and isolationism.

Now, Wakanda is entirely fictional and Coogler and Marvel may still go a different direction on this topic. But based on what I've mentioned both in this post and in previous posts, I doubt that would happen.

Last edited:

doublex

Pro
Daps

Nigeria is not Wakanda, though. Nigeria has never been closed off and isolated from the outside world. Bhutan is a better example of a country with the kind of history Wakanda is supposed to have. A society that has never been conquered and has been closed to outsiders for thousands of years should naturally be phenotypically homogeneous.