Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They should all look like kin to Chadwick Boseman IMO. It's an isolated kingdom, how would diversity be explained?

iOKWcdeCNbEREAWMWIZBy6p805j.jpg
NECq7BCRF1LfFL_2_b.jpg
florence_kasumba-4-big.jpg
2ik9pic.jpg

So far so good. Wakanda shouldn't look like a bunch of blacks from different corners of the continent playing at being a tribe.

MBJ is iffy, but let's see who he's playing.

121715-celebs-michael-b-jordan-chadwick-boseman.jpg

ETA: Here's a tribe (the Hadzabe) from the same region Wakanda is supposed to be in:

5c000c371fd16581cbd8f3282e6b468a.jpg

LocationWakanda.png

I want this level of realism (and homogeneity).

one reason I was pissed when michael b jordan was casted, seeing this guys face on the screen would immediately ruin the immersion, same way seeing ice cube or will smith would, then picture him forcing the accent, fukk that

doublex

Pro
Daps
They should all look like kin to Chadwick Boseman IMO. It's an isolated kingdom, how would diversity be explained?

NECq7BCRF1LfFL_2_b.jpg
2ik9pic.jpg

So far so good. Wakanda shouldn't look like a bunch of blacks from different corners of the continent playing at being a tribe.

Why her In particular though? is she the only African looking woman with short hair working in Hollywood (aside from lypita). She's too old to play shuri for 1 and is not really attractive at all. It might be an inconvenient reality but they need to be crafty in how they cast the woman in this movie, being authentic is noble and all but wakanda is a African country that technologically advanced just bare that in mind, having one of its natives looking like jada pinkett is not going to rock the Apple cart

Danai in particular doesn't have to be in the movie, that's just an example of an actress who looks like a believable Wakandan. More believable than Jada Pinkett for sure.

jada_pinkett_smith_gotham_h_2014.jpg
tumblr_nbs3grgmVa1seow55o8_r3_500.gif

And as far as hair is concerned, hairstyles can be added to the actresses' heads if they want to, using wigs and extensions. Lupita already uses extensions to switch it up all the time:

star-wars-the-force-awakens-premiere-red-carpet-pictures-lupita-nyongo-gwendoline-christie-harriso-1451476582kn4g8.jpg
Lupita-Nyongo.jpg
lupita-nyongo.jpg

lupita-1.png

11356743_452170694969601_1016556269_n.jpg

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

NECq7BCRF1LfFL_2_b.jpg
2ik9pic.jpg

ETA: Here's a tribe (the Hadzabe) from the same region Wakanda is supposed to be in:

5c000c371fd16581cbd8f3282e6b468a.jpg

LocationWakanda.png

I want this level of realism (and homogeneity).

Genetics doesn't work like that brotha man Black people come in all shades of color :ufdup:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
one reason I was pissed when michael b jordan was casted, seeing this guys face on the screen would immediately ruin the immersion, same way seeing ice cube or will smith would, then picture him forcing the accent, fukk that
:russ:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Why her In particular though? is she the only African looking woman with short hair working in Hollywood (aside from lypita). She's too old to play shuri for 1 and is not really attractive at all. It might be an inconvenient reality but they need to be crafty in how they cast the woman in this movie, being authentic is noble and all but wakanda is a African country that technologically advanced just bare that in mind, having one of its natives looking like jada pinkett is not going to rock the Apple cart

I wasn't the one who said she absolutely should be in the film. However, she's a good actress who has experience in action roles and she looks the part, especially if she's a elder Dora, IMHO. So it makes sense if she's casted.

As for her being Shuri, Danai is actually younger than Chadwick, so it works.

Again, unless you want Wakanda's history to change, there's a strong chance the Wakandans are going to have a consistent look purely due to the country's history. And again, not all of the Wakandan women are going to have short hair, as not all of the women of Wakanda are warriors.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I wasn't the one who said she absolutely should be in the film.
u are one of many on here that keep mentioning her which is why I prefixed my post with the question
However, she's a good actress who has experience in action roles
did Scarlett have any experience in action before the island? They can pluck anyone off the street to do action roles hell look who they have playing Lara croft :heh:
and she looks the part, especially if she's a elder Dora, IMHO. So it makes sense if she's casted.
shave any black woman's head and she'd look the part

As for her being Shuri, Danai is actually younger than Chadwick, so it works.
you say that with the benefit of having access to wiki or imdb.com on screen you wouldn't know at all as chadwick does not look 40 at all. Danai kind of looks rough, she couldn't play his younger sibling

Again, unless you want Wakanda's history to change, there's a strong chance the Wakandans are going to have a consistent look purely due to the country's history. And again, not all of the Wakandan women are going to have short hair, as not all of the women of Wakanda are warriors.
do you honestly believe they won't hire an actress with a milky caramel complexion just because it wouldn't be in line with what wakanda's history is in comics? White ppl won't be able to differentiate between Wesley black and denzel black

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Yeah talking about casting choices is such a far leap from the title of this thread :beli: how do you ruin a thread for a movie due out in 2018 again?:what:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
u are one of many on here that keep mentioning her which is why I prefixed my post with the question

Just saying that I didn't bring her up this time.

did Scarlett have any experience in action before the island? They can pluck anyone off the street to do action roles hell look who they have playing Lara croft :heh:

The point is Danai can leverage her action experience, which can give her an advantage in terms of casting. But most importantly, she's actually a good actress, which is what truly matters. AND she's actually well-known due to her role as Michonne from the Walking Dead, so she has a following too.

shave any black woman's head and she'd look the part

You have an issue with Danai being a Dora, especially an elder one? :skip:

you say that with the benefit of having access to wiki or imdb.com on screen you wouldn't know at all as chadwick does not look 40 at all. Danai kind of looks rough, she couldn't play his younger sibling

Your opinion :manny:

do you honestly believe they won't hire an actress with a milky caramel complexion just because it wouldn't be in line with what wakanda's history is in comics?

That same history appears to be in the MCU version of Wakanda. Remember in Civil War when T'Chaka makes the speech on television about Wakanda shouldn't just stand in the sidelines anymore? That means that Wakanda was isolationist all this time.

So again, unless you want Wakanda's history to change--and that history is extremely important to Wakanda, T'Challa, and the BP mythos--then don't be surprised if the Wakandans have a consistent look. In fact, it has happened already. From T'Chaka, to T'Challa, to the Dora that faced Black Widow, to even the Wakandan Scientists that froze Winter Soldier. It's not a coincidence that they have gone that route.

White ppl won't be able to differentiate between Wesley black and denzel black

lol, not a single person said that every Wakandan has to be "Wesley black" :pachaha:. All we are saying is that Wakandans can't be "all shades." That's not possible, based on Wakanda's history.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Yeah talking about casting choices is such a far leap from the title of this thread :beli: how do you ruin a thread for a movie due out in 2018 again?:what:
You can @ me mami
You dont have to speak indirect :hahapaul:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Genetics doesn't work like that brotha man Black people come in all shades of color :ufdup:

Black people as a whole? yea.

A group of black people from a specific part of the world that have isolated themselves from the rest of the world, including other Africans, for centuries or more? Highly doubtful.

Coogler and company might go a different direction with it but as is? I doubt it.

Last edited: