Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Chiwetel is too light-skinned. I don't want to see him play a Wakandan. Michael B. Jordan is already pushing it.

tumblr_n1h14z2Kpg1qa5fz0o1_500.jpg

Maybe Killmonger has an American mother in this one, idk.

Wakanda is an isolated nation, so I hope they give the people a consistent look with Chadwick/Lupita as the gold-standard.

chadwick-lupita-black-panther.jpg

Oyelowo would work very well; depends on if they have a big enough role left for him.

b65d9364b82dadee4b4a30722d9d1fef.jpg

You do know Real Africans come in a range of shades right?

doublex

Pro
Daps
You do know Real Africans come in a range of shades right?

Africa is a big continent with a lot of diversity, but we're talking about Wakanda, which is supposed to be an isolated, closed nation with zero admixture from outsiders. The people should have a consistent look.

They stuck to this is Civil War with Boseman, Kani, Kasumba, even the Wakandan lab techs in the stinger. They just need to keep doing what they're doing.

Daps
Africa is a big continent with a lot of diversity, but we're talking about Wakanda, which is supposed to be an isolated, closed nation with zero admixture from outsiders. The people should have a consistent look.

They stuck to this is Civil War with Boseman, Kani, Kasumba, even the Wakandan lab techs in the stinger. They just need to keep doing what they're doing.
whom's to say outside of obvious situations Africa's diversity is due to outside mixture:stopitslime:you do know Wakanda is a fictional nation and it's former queen(Ororo) was a blue eyed redbone right:aicmon:I seriously doubt Chadwick(an AA) is more pure/black than Chiwetel (a continental African/Nigerian):comeon:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
We don't need to push that feminist stuff, can we just enjoy t'challa's panther for 3 full movies shuri can take the mantle at the end of part 3 maybe in a post credit scene
She not popular enough to already take over being the new Black Panther in the film

You make it seem like shes more popular than t'challa

She probably was for a good year or so. Panther popularity soared again with the New Avengers Everything Ends arc. Actually the entire Illuminati did. I said 2 or 3. How many movies can they make without it being redundant? They'll have to amp up the supporting cast, and that's one of the reasons everyone wanted her to play Shuri. Kings lose crowns. They can easily have him pass on the mantle for a portion, and have her assume the responsibility for a portion of the movie, only for him to return. If their smart, a good storyline would be his citizens opposing views on him becoming increasingly involved with Avengers, and wanting him off the throne for think he's not putting Wakanda first. OR her acting as BP while he's off forming the Illuminati.

No matter what, Marvel is going to stray away from the solo shots, to team-up flicks.

doublex

Pro
Daps
whom's to say outside of obvious situations Africa's diversity is due to outside mixture:stopitslime:you do know Wakanda is a fictional nation and it's former queen(Ororo) was a blue eyed redbone right:aicmon:I seriously doubt Chadwick(an AA) is more pure/black than Chiwetel (a continental African/Nigerian):comeon:

It doesn't matter if it's fictional, it should look right. Ororo was an outsider. 100% Wakandan characters should look as homogenous as 100% Irish and 100% Japanese.

And it's a moot point anyway since Chadwick is in and Chiwetel is out.

Daps
I still gotta catch up on the comics to get a feel for the character/mythos but this will probably be the first movie i actually pay to watch in the theaters since 'Djaingo Unchained" ...hopefully the cast and crew come through and it's worth the hype/my dollars..

doublex

Pro
Daps
She probably was for a good year or so. Panther popularity soared again with the New Avengers Everything Ends arc. Actually the entire Illuminati did. I said 2 or 3. How many movies can they make without it being redundant? They'll have to amp up the supporting cast, and that's one of the reasons everyone wanted her to play Shuri. Kings lose crowns. They can easily have him pass on the mantle for a portion, and have her assume the responsibility for a portion of the movie, only for him to return. If their smart, a good storyline would be his citizens opposing views on him becoming increasingly involved with Avengers, and wanting him off the throne for think he's not putting Wakanda first. OR her acting as BP while he's off forming the Illuminati.

No matter what, Marvel is going to stray away from the solo shots, to team-up flicks.

They're saying Lupita is the love interest so it sounds like Shuri is out.

She could play an original character who becomes T'challa's queen. We don't have any married Avengers yet so it's something new, plus as a king T'challa has a big incentive to take a wife and secure his legacy.

If T'challa loses his crown to anyone it'll be Killmonger (or whomever MBJ is playing). Then the movie can be about his fight to get it back. Feige already said the story centers around "what it means to be a king."

I doubt they will separate Chadwick's character from Lupita's in this first movie, they're supposed to be falling in love.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
"Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o is reportedly in negotiations to star in Marvel's Black Panther. She'll appear opposite Chadwick Boseman, who made his first appearance as Black Panther in Captain America: Civil War."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/12/force-awakens-lupita-nyongo-in-talks-for-black-panther
Wil Smith is in negotiations to star in sci-fi thriller matrix is not the same as Keanu Reeves signs to star in sci-fi thriller matrix. Point being anyone can be in negotiations it ain't definite until something is signed

Daps
It doesn't matter if it's fictional, it should look right. Ororo was an outsider. 100% Wakandan characters should look as homogenous as 100% Irish and 100% Japanese.

And it's a moot point anyway since Chadwick is in and Chiwetel is out.
why cause you say so:childplease:i dont see anything wrong with highlighting Africa's diversity:yeshrug: there aren't any 100% homogeneous African countries no matter how isolated:comeon:an outsider whom happen to be queen o said nation:dahell: i have no problem with and infact preferred Chadwick over Chiwetel but think it's absurd to argue an African is not African enough to play a fictional African character but an AA is:stopitslime:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
They're saying Lupita is the love interest so it sounds like Shuri is out.

She could play an original character who becomes T'challa's queen. We don't have any married Avengers yet so it's something new, plus as a king T'challa has a big incentive to take a wife and secure his legacy.

If T'challa loses his crown to anyone it'll be Killmonger (or whomever MBJ is playing). Then the movie can be about his fight to get it back. Feige already said the story centers around "what it means to be a king."

I doubt they will separate Chadwick's character from Lupita's in this first movie, they're supposed to be falling in love.

Do you think they're gonna minimize or cut out Shuri's role? Or did you mean Shuri is out of the equation for Lupita specifically?