Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Maybe IDK enough about the comics but from what I know of BPs sister I think Michonne would be light years better than Lupita.

Danai as Shuri would low key be a good movie. One of those "blessings in disguise" situations.
hell no. she doesn't look young enough to play her. She looks older than Chadwick.

she can play T'chala's mother or another female lead.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
serious question, what has Lupita done besides 12 yrs a slave that everyone wants her to be the token African woman when ever one needs to b e casted? 12 yrs is the only movie I have seen her in everything else was her doing voice overs and it wasn't even primary roles. Danai has literally started as a character who engages in combat yet nobody has uttered a word about her. I just dont understand the Lupita Hype.
She was also on a Kenyan show called Shuga and a movie with Liam Neeson. She's younger, prettier, has a more regal presence than Danai. Considering we've only seen Danai on a tv show where she says the fewest line out of every regular character, I'm willing to bet Lu is the more versatile actress. Lupita's voice is also good enough to play voice overs, plus she's a good stage actress.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
She was also on a Kenyan show called Shuga and a movie with Liam Neeson. She's younger, prettier, has a more regal presence than Danai. Considering we've only seen Danai on a tv show where she says the fewest line out of every regular character, I'm willing to bet Lu is the more versatile actress. Lupita's voice is also good enough to play voice overs, plus she's a good stage actress.

That's the first time I saw Lupita act. She did good on it, imo.

Lupita is currently nominated for a Tony Award, for Eclipsed.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
hell no. she doesn't look young enough to play her. She looks older than Chadwick.

she can play T'chala's mother or another female lead.

Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It doesn't matter if it's fictional, it should look right. Ororo was an outsider. 100% Wakandan characters should look as homogenous as 100% Irish and 100% Japanese.

And it's a moot point anyway since Chadwick is in and Chiwetel is out.
Wakanda has different tribes so I'm sure they have different ethnic groups. Japan has different ethnic groups too

Jards

All Star
Daps
:ehh:

y'all ain't thinking of the long con his sister and many of the woman in this need to be alluring and desirable as well as strong and fierce. I don't necessarily mean mixed race or with good hair but let's be real most of the broads in this can't be looking like Dwayne wade and danai is an acquired taste let's just put it at that. I don't care how this sounds but they need to cast some cooley looking woman and if they are going Wesley dark have her look more Tika sumpter less alek wek. The African look shouldn't mean androgynous bordering on masculine we want this to do monster numbers
:leon::popcorn:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Marvel aren't doing mantles in these films, some of you need to come off that bs. It aint ever happening.

T'Challa is and will always be The Black Panther.

Steve Rogers is and will always be Captain America.

Tony Stark is and will always be Iron Man.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
They're saying Lupita is the love interest so it sounds like Shuri is out.

She could play an original character who becomes T'challa's queen. We don't have any married Avengers yet so it's something new, plus as a king T'challa has a big incentive to take a wife and secure his legacy.

If T'challa loses his crown to anyone it'll be Killmonger (or whomever MBJ is playing). Then the movie can be about his fight to get it back. Feige already said the story centers around "what it means to be a king."

I doubt they will separate Chadwick's character from Lupita's in this first movie, they're supposed to be falling in love.

I know. But a Marvel love interest is BLAH. Plus with their track record, that haven't really been throwing in nameless/faceless characters in flicks, so all signs point to a throwaway Monica Lynne...which is what we all DON'T want.

COMIC REEL: "Black Panther" Is Coogler's "Most Personal Movie To Date"; Rogen Explores "Preacher's" Theology

He says he grew up a comic book fan. That's music to my ears...ALL doubt has been lifted.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Marvel aren't doing mantles in these films, some of you need to come off that bs. It aint ever happening.

T'Challa is and will always be The Black Panther.

Steve Rogers is and will always be Captain America.

Tony Stark is and will always be Iron Man.

That's true however, Don Cheadle still got to be War Machine & Iron Patriot, Pepper had an easter egg of Rescue, Bucky got to be Winter Soldier, we got Venom. We got 2 Ant-Mans & Wasps and a Yellowjacket. Having as many superheroes as possible is what we all want.