Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Danai as Shuri would low key be a good movie. One of those "blessings in disguise" situations.
serious question, what has Lupita done besides 12 yrs a slave that everyone wants her to be the token African woman when ever one needs to b e casted? 12 yrs is the only movie I have seen her in everything else was her doing voice overs and it wasn't even primary roles. Danai has literally started as a character who engages in combat yet nobody has uttered a word about her. I just dont understand the Lupita Hype.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
serious question, what has Lupita done besides 12 yrs a slave that everyone wants her to be the token African woman when ever one needs to b e casted? 12 yrs is the only movie I have seen her in everything else was her doing voice overs and it wasn't even primary roles. Danai has literally started as a character who engages in combat yet nobody has uttered a word about her. I just dont understand the Lupita Hype.

Lupita as Shuri is more than some token shyt.

-Lupita is actually a good actress.
-Lupita has a great voice (that shyt does matter).
-Lupita actually looks like Shuri. You remember how so many people complained about Halle Berry and Alex Shipp not looking like Storm? Well, complete opposite this time, Lupita really looks like Princess Shuri.
-Lupita is African, just like Shuri.

Add all that together, and that's why so many people wanted her to play the Princess Shuri role.

As for the combat, she can trained for the movie, like many other actors.

If its Danai that plays Shuri instead, I ain't even mad:manny:

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

-Lupita actually looks like Shuri. You remember how so many people complained about Halle Berry and Alex Shipp not looking like Storm? Well, complete opposite this time, Lupita really looks like Princess Shuri.

Add all that together, and that's why so many people wanted her to play the Princess Shuri role.

tumblr_neqymnqH1f1s7w90wo5_1280.png

20140307-163703.jpg

:lupe:

I still give the edge to Michonne just because I have seen her in a role that is closest to what I know of Shuri
:manny:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Actually as far as many fans are concerned, she's the #2 pick. So if she gets it, its all good.

:lupe:

I still give the edge to Michonne just because I have seen her in a role that is closest to what I know of Shuri
:manny:

Fair enough :manny:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe IDK enough about the comics but from what I know of BPs sister I think Michonne would be light years better than Lupita.

Danai as Shuri would low key be a good movie. One of those "blessings in disguise" situations.

Lupita looks more like she could be Chadwick's sister than Danai does. Lupita's aura just screams royalty.

I want Danai as a Dora Milaje

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Marvel uses cgi and stunt doubles anyway which is why Statham doesn't like it.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:ehh:
Maybe IDK enough about the comics but from what I know of BPs sister I think Michonne would be light years better than Lupita.
y'all ain't thinking of the long con his sister and many of the woman in this need to be alluring and desirable as well as strong and fierce. I don't necessarily mean mixed race or with good hair but let's be real most of the broads in this can't be looking like Dwayne wade and danai is an acquired taste let's just put it at that. I don't care how this sounds but they need to cast some cooley looking woman and if they are going Wesley dark have her look more Tika sumpter less alek wek. The African look shouldn't mean androgynous bordering on masculine we want this to do monster numbers

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Lupita looks more like she could be Chadwick's sister than Danai does. Lupita's aura just screams royalty.

Lupita's my first choice for Shuri. I always felt Danai should Aneka, the leader of the Dora Milaje.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lupita's my first choice for Shuri. I always felt Danai should Aneka, the leader of the Dora Milaje.
For me, my dream would be Danai as Nakia and Cynthia as Okoye.

okoye4.jpg
640full-cynthia-addai--robinson.jpg

The Milaje should have a mix of hairstyles; bald, natural, straight, braids, dreads, etc.

1218416-az-the-dm-117845.jpg

dora_milaje_by_ssulti-d8a5np4.jpg

dora-milaje-117843.jpg

tumblr_niuoobAhvi1tf70vho1_500h.jpg

doublex

Pro
Daps
Do you think they're gonna minimize or cut out Shuri's role? Or did you mean Shuri is out of the equation for Lupita specifically?

I mean they might cut Shuri out altogether. Otherwise they probably would've used Lupita as Shuri and some other actress as the love interest.

CiRix-aVEAAeCR-.jpg

She fits Shuri too well not to play her UNLESS the character has been written out.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Ryan Coogler Calls Black Panther His “Most Personal” Film Yet

Captain America: Civil War had the difficult task of not only capping off a trilogy, but also introducing two new characters into the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Spider-Man (Tom Holland) and Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman). While both proved to be a hit among fans, it’s hard to deny that most left the theaters with even more anticipation regarding the upcoming Black Panther solo film, a movie fans have been eagerly awaiting for quite some time now.

With that film set to enter production in early 2017, Marvel has been steadily adding to the cast of director Ryan Coogler‘s upcoming film, managing to lure in talent such as Lupita Nyong’o and Michael B. Jordan. While Marvel has yet to officially announce the casting of either Nyong’o or Jordan, and the trades haven’t been able to verify what roles they’d be playing, it’s still exciting to hear about the progress being made as we inch closer to production. Of course, as excited as we all may be, no one is as excited as Coogler. Coming off of two critically acclaimed films – both of which starred Jordan – Coogler is finding himself at the helm of not only a big budget comic book film for the first time, but an important one at that. Still, the director can’t help but to be excited to work on the film. As he recently told the folks over at Fast Company, he’s “obsessed” with the character and story they’re setting out to tell with Black Panther.

"It’s a specific challenge. What Marvel’s doing, and what you see a lot of studios doing now that Marvel has done it so successfully, is making content that exists in a particular universe, where the characters tie in and crossover, and I think that’s a great creative challenge to me—to make this movie as personal as possible. It’s going to be my most personal movie to date, which is crazy to say, but it’s completely the case. I’m obsessed with this character and this story right now, and I think it’s going to be very unique and still fit into the overall narrative that they’re establishing."

If you’re not familiar with Coogler’s work, I’d suggest you check out not only Creed, but alsoFruitvale Station, two films that prove Coogler is a remarkable force behind the camera. And with him not only directing Black Panther, but also co-writing it alongside Joe Robert Cole, it’s safe to say we’re in for a treat.

Black Panther, which will star Chadwick Boseman, is set to hit movie theaters on Feb. 2nd, 2018.