Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Lupita is younger than Chadwicke breh..

For this to work out she CANT be cast as Monica Lynne PERIOD. She'd have to be an alternative take on an existing Dora Milaje or a brand new Wakandan character.

Even with Boseman already introduced you STILL need to introduce the nation of Wakanda, the central villian, establish Black Panther's power set and the Heart-Shaped herb, and possibly even Bast as a spiritual/mystic entity. Introducing Shuri is crucial, but giving her an entire arc worthy of her character whole T'Challa deals with whatever the crisis turns out to be, PLUS setting up T'Challa's arc within Infinity War (which has been confirmed by Fiege) might be a little more than can be reasonably handled. I'm not saying don't introduce Shuri, I'm saying that her role within the first film will more than likely be smaller than befitting a star like Lupita

No need for a full-fledged story arc. Just do it like Star Wars did Poe: have her doing cool shyt.

Poe's arc was maaad straight forward, but everyone got the point real quick and it worked very well. Just have Shuri as the warrior princess who fights hard for Wakanda in the battle field, banters often with T'challa, and even has a brother-sister moment with him. Give her a clear personality that is reflect of the comic books as well and you're good to go :obama:.

She can continue being developed via sequels as well.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
No need for a full-fledged story arc. Just do it like Star Wars did Poe: have her doing cool shyt.

Poe's arc was maaad straight forward, but everyone got the point real quick and it worked very well. Just have Shuri as the warrior princess who fights hard for Wakanda in the battle field, banters often with T'challa, and even has a brother-sister moment with him. Give her a clear personality that is reflect of the comic books as well and you're good to go :obama:.

She can continue being developed via sequels as well.

So basically we'd be adapting Who Is The Black Panther:ohhh:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
So basically we'd be adapting Who Is The Black Panther:ohhh:

LOL, with a few tweaks here and there, fukk it why not lol. :manny: In my version, Shuri is a grown woman, not as young as in "Who's the Black Panther." I think they'll go that route as well.

Having a black couple in such a major platform is a great thing and I'm all for it. It is a very unique thing to see at the mainstream level, and I can't wait to see it happen between T'Challa and the love interest, whoever is playing her. Especially so if the love interest is shown to be very competent in her own way. :obama:

What is also very unique is a highly-trained and highly-educated warrior princess--who is a black woman--with diplomatic immunity and royal lineage who kicks ass, takes names, and is about that life. When was that last time we've seen that in the big screen? Either a very long time, or perhaps never. Her and T'Challa whooping ass together in a few scenes would be dope as shyt :jawalrus:

Regardless of which role Lupita picks, she'll do a great job and it will be very impactful. I happen to be a Shuri fan and I'm a big fan of fictional female warriors in general, thus I hope Lupita plays Shuri as well.

Hopefully, both characters will be played by actresses that will do both characters justice:salute:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
This is what we know about the BP movie:

• Geopolitical thriller
  • Globe hopping Mission Impossible type vibe
  • T'Challa is characterized as Obama meets James Bond
  • Predominantly Afrikan and African-American cast
  • Will establish Wakanda
  • Will set up the Marvel Universe for Infinity Wars

We also know that
  • Klaw
  • Ross
  • Bucky

are reasonably likely to appear in the movie at some point. The first two self-explanatory and Bucky signed like a 9 picture deal so you figure it's only a matter of time.

I think they could essentially do Shuri like they did BP in Civil War.. which, now that i think about it, is essentially like they did Poe. to echo realdealholy, she just needs a couple cool moments and an established importance, and she'll be fully embraced. But until we learn what the actual plot is and not just a bird's eye view of the concepts, it's hard to say how it would be done.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
They want to make Lupita the love interest to the Black Male lead and some of you are complaining:why:

Just keep it 100 and say you would prefer some lighter skinned, mixed or typical Hollywood looking type :camby:

Couple months ago I remember a few "Watch Marvel stick BP with a white woman" posts and now look :mjlol:

doublex

Pro
Daps
tumblr_n1vry9rqYp1rjupavo1_500.jpg

Here for Lupita as Chadwick's love interest.

Maybe an original character designed to be similar to Storm?

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
They want to make Lupita the love interest to the Black Male lead and some of you are complaining:why:

Just keep it 100 and say you would prefer some lighter skinned, mixed or typical Hollywood looking type :camby:

Most of us were hoping that she would be Shuri, as we fan casted her in that role a looooonnnng time ago.

If she is indeed the love interest, hopefully its a good--if not great--role that is worthy of her talents and is more than just your typical love interest role.

EDIT: If T'Challa has a love interest, she better be a black woman and none of that "ehh" shyt either.

Last edited:

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
I think Marvel just does this to get an reaction from the buzz and see who's really interested the news.
This

Marvel would have announced it by now without the "In Talks" speculating if she in or not.

It seems either Marvel side or Lupita side did this to get a reaction

Right now nothing has been confirm that she even get a role, we have to wait and see.

I didn't know Lupita is the only dark skin actress in Hollywood