Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Just finished reading issue 2 of Black Panther and MAN if you are a fan of Shuri you will more than likely enjoy this issue:myman:

Also finished Ultimates 7, and while it's a huge setup for the Civil War 2 crossover (meaning Carol,Danvers gets the majority of screen time) Black Panther gets a crucial scene near the end. I'll just say that BP threatened to take a toy from Blue Marvel's sandbox if he acts up:sas2:

finished reading it last night.. im a bit confused tho, im not a marvel head.

what happened to wakanda & shuri ??

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
LOL, even some articles are including Shuri on the "Who will Lupita Play" stuff anyway :mjlol:

Brace For Lupita Nyong'o 'Black Panther' Theories, Wakandans!

Shuri
isshurithenewblackpantherjpg.jpeg

If we ignore The Hollywood Reporter asserting that Nyong’o will play a love interest in Black Panther, one could make a compelling argument for the stupendously talented actress to bring real depth to Shuri, T’Challa’s younger sister, and eventual Black Panther herself.

If she’s introduced as Shuri in The Black Panther, Nyong’o could be a powerful presence on screen, rival T’Challa as both a political candidate and skilled combatant, and act out the most shocking moment in Black Panther’s history, which occurs during the war with Thanos. In short, Shuri could convince T’Challa’s legion of female bodyguards, the Dora Milaje, to support her candidacy as Black Panther, just as T’Challa joins the Infinity War. Doesn’t Nyong’o deserve a meatier role than a love interest, after all?

teacher

All Star
Daps
It's definitely the latter. It's selling at an unprecedented rate according to comic retailers. #1 sold like over 300K copies.

how did you get a #1 then? When I bought 6 the overweight CaC behind the register was all I won't be able to order anymore for my other customers :sadcam: I threw him an extra 5 to stfu :steviej:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
how did you get a #1 then? When I bought 6 the overweight CaC behind the register was all I won't be able to order anymore for my other customers :sadcam: I threw him an extra 5 to stfu :steviej:

They had a restock for a 2nd print of #1 released teh same day as issue #2. First prints was sold out everywhere across the country tho.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Disney should just give the people what they want and make her Shuri. The only way this wouldn't be a quick fix would be if they hadn't written Shuri into the movie, which would be them fukking up from the get-go. Like don't not put her in the movie but then cast an actress that looks exactly like her and not expect people to react the way they have. Marvel should be smarter than that, so i suspect Shuri is in the movie and if so they should just make the quick swap and hit up one of those actress @Ziggiy be posting as the love interest.

It'd be easy work and an easy touchdown + 2 pt conversion for Disney

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
LOL, even some articles are including Shuri on the "Who will Lupita Play" stuff anyway :mjlol:

Brace For Lupita Nyong'o 'Black Panther' Theories, Wakandans!

Shuri
isshurithenewblackpantherjpg.jpeg

If we ignore The Hollywood Reporter asserting that Nyong’o will play a love interest in Black Panther, one could make a compelling argument for the stupendously talented actress to bring real depth to Shuri, T’Challa’s younger sister, and eventual Black Panther herself.

If she’s introduced as Shuri in The Black Panther, Nyong’o could be a powerful presence on screen, rival T’Challa as both a political candidate and skilled combatant, and act out the most shocking moment in Black Panther’s history, which occurs during the war with Thanos. In short, Shuri could convince T’Challa’s legion of female bodyguards, the Dora Milaje, to support her candidacy as Black Panther, just as T’Challa joins the Infinity War. Doesn’t Nyong’o deserve a meatier role than a love interest, after all?
If Lupita becomes the love interest and plays american Monica Lynne, I don't know the point of that?

I assume she was gonna be a African character since she is African herself, but they gonna cast her as a black american jazz singer?(that is if her role is a love interest)

Teyonah Parris will be a better choice to play Monica Lynne for black panther love interest
teyonah-parris.jpg

ShaSolair

Rookie
Daps
:stopitslime:F##K DAT!!! I want her to be tchalla's love interest. That visual alone I can already see is rubbing some Klerds(Klan Nerds) the wrong way... And I luv it!!:lolbron::russ::umad: Ive just scrolled through a couple other sites & majority of the comments don't like it. They either feel Panther shouldnt have love :shaq2: or she should be some bright skinned, half n half , Peak-Ah-Boo some of my family "kinda" black type bit¢h. Its like they can only handle but so much chocolate but tony stark, Thor, Murica-Man & ant guy can all have white ladies supportin their heroic efforts and thats all good?:mindblown:

This just goes to show you how "progressive" people really are. I bet if they made tchalla like men they'd be all for the black love then. Smfh. :wtb::sas2:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
If Lupita becomes the love interest and plays american Monica Lynne, I don't know the point of that?

I assume she was gonna be a African character since she is African herself, but they gonna cast her as a black american jazz singer?(that is if her role is a love interest)

Teyonah Parris will be a better choice to play Monica Lynne for black panther love interest
teyonah-parris.jpg

T. Parris would be cool but I'm rooting for Regina Hall as Monica Lynne she could add some credible comic relief and she can do serious roles as well.

images

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

teyonah-parris.jpg

Love this woman! I concur that she'd be good for Monica Lynn.

T. Parris would be cool but I'm rooting for Regina Hall as Monica Lynne she could add some credible comic relief and she can do serious roles as well.

images

No.