Conz

Superstar
Daps
just thought of something that bugged me so i figured this would be the place to ask.

Wakanda is a well known country in the Marvel Universe correct? How the fukk doesn't Bruce Banner know how to pronounce it? Now this is a gross overstatement but just the simple fact that Jah Sweden had to make that line into a jokey bit was what was wrong with Age of Ultron. I think when all is said and done that's easily gonna be the one Marvel movie that doesn't hold up at all.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
He wasn't into Ross's narration either THANK GOD somebody reputable called that out.

Besides Kasper Cole, Ross narrating Panther's book was the worse thing about Priest's run

Breh, if Ross gets on his narration shyt one more time :snoop:

Took me a while to warm up to the character, and him narrating, as well as the narration style, was a big reason I issues with the character at first.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
just thought of something that bugged me so i figured this would be the place to ask.

Wakanda is a well known country in the Marvel Universe correct? How the fukk doesn't Bruce Banner know how to pronounce it? Now this is a gross overstatement but just the simple fact that Jah Sweden had to make that line into a jokey bit was what was wrong with Age of Ultron. I think when all is said and done that's easily gonna be the one Marvel movie that doesn't hold up at all.

This has actually been a debate for some time. From what I can gather that would make sense is that Wakanda is "known" in the general sense that people would know it's a kingdom in Africa, but since Wakanda as a whole has been extremely xenophobic from its inception,mot wouldn't be something that would be brought into every day conversation or debate. Even Kevin Feige stated that, at this particular juncture between Civil War and the 2018 Solo, T'Chaka and T'Challa are just NOW beginning to see the wisdom in opening Wakanda to the wider world. The best example I can come up with would be a word that you know is in the dictionary, but rarely utilize in every day language, you might stumble upon sayin the word.

Also Bruce Banner is more of an introverted scientist, whose been single mindedly focused on Gamma Rays, behind that, he's spent the majority of his adult years running and hiding as a fugitive who morphs into the most destructive monster known to earthly man, there are certain facets of life he's going to miss out on lol. Tony Stark should definitely know about Wakanda, Bruce Banner not so much

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Coates also spoke on a few other things

-There will be lots of righteous Ass kicking

-There will be reference to Storm and the Marriage Annulment

-There will be some sort of reference to T'Challa's education in America

-No King Soloman's Frogs

-Had plans to restore T'Challa and Namor's "friendship" until he was told that he was dead (I'm glad for that. Sick of Namor and the only thing I way I want to see him is under Black Panther's boot)

-Finds it hard giving T'Challa a sense of "Amusement"

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its really too bad they cant use Storm for Black Panther. :mjcry:

My choices would have been

54d5825676ebf_-_esq-01-rutina-wesley-esquire-0611-lg.jpg

Or

uNSgmAjM.jpeg

@Realdealholy Besides Nakia, Okoye and Queen Divine Justice, are there any other Dora Milaje that have a name? I read there are apparently about 500 of them, lol. For the movie having the main three with two minor ones would be an ideal number.

dora-milaje.jpg

LN2-865x1024-e1403198300669.jpg

black-panther-completely-baller.png

dora-milaje.png

essencecom-danai-gurira_610x464_29.jpg

LupitaNonStopPremiere_that1960chickdotcom.jpg

And I don't even care who gets cast as who, I just want them all in the movie lol

They can cast upcoming hungry actresses and models (preferably African) as extras.

tumblr_nr51wnNDUs1tjfqygo1_400.jpg

tumblr_m32tz8HzhZ1r7mvspo1_r1_1280.jpeg

6073d3c720ee80ea76ef0e7197f535b4.jpg

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
This has actually been a debate for some time. From what I can gather that would make sense is that Wakanda is "known" in the general sense that people would know it's a kingdom in Africa, but since Wakanda as a whole has been extremely xenophobic from its inception,mot wouldn't be something that would be brought into every day conversation or debate. Even Kevin Feige stated that, at this particular juncture between Civil War and the 2018 Solo, T'Chaka and T'Challa are just NOW beginning to see the wisdom in opening Wakanda to the wider world. The best example I can come up with would be a word that you know is in the dictionary, but rarely utilize in every day language, you might stumble upon sayin the word.

Also Bruce Banner is more of an introverted scientist, whose been single mindedly focused on Gamma Rays, behind that, he's spent the majority of his adult years running and hiding as a fugitive who morphs into the most destructive monster known to earthly man, there are certain facets of life he's going to miss out on lol. Tony Stark should definitely know about Wakanda, Bruce Banner not so much
damn, good reply... but i still say Banner would have heard the name at least once as to not think it was "wakanada" but good info

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
damn, good reply... but i still say Banner would have heard the name at least once as to not think it was "wakanada" but good info
I get what you saying but have you heard the correct pronunciation of every nation in the real world? If Wakanda is a small nation that keeps to themselves and stays out of the news it's possible he only ever saw it on a map in passing.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I get what you saying but have you heard the correct pronunciation of every nation in the real world? If Wakanda is a small nation that keeps to themselves and stays out of the news it's possible he only ever saw it on a map in passing.

A lot of smart people misspell Djibouti. Mispronunciations happen.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Its really too bad they cant use Storm for Black Panther. :mjcry:

My choices would have been

54d5825676ebf_-_esq-01-rutina-wesley-esquire-0611-lg.jpg

:wow: damn she's fine. Who is she?

If Teyana Parrish is not available for Monica, how about her? How's her acting?

http://www.thecoli.com/members/realdealholy.2781/
@Realdealholy Besides Nakia, Okoye and Queen Divine Justice, are there any other Dora Milaje that have a name? I read there are apparently about 500 of them, lol. For the movie having the main three with two minor ones would be an ideal number.

I say blend the Priest and Hudlin versions.

Have Nakia and Okoye be T'Challa's personal bodyguards. When he goes on official functions, both in Wakanda or overseas, they go with him, just like in the Priest run.

However, make Nakia and Okoye officially part of the Dora Milaje, which is an all-women unit of the Wakandan military, and among the best military units in the world.

I do hope QDJ makes the film in some capacity as well.

Breh, that look T'Challa has kills me everytime :dead:

Breh straight up like :birdman:

Lupita ain't no dime, but sometimes she be looking like :ohlawd:

And imma stick to Lupita = Shuri. I hope it happens:blessed:

Tsl3Gdm.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL

That shyt's already :gag: to me.

I really don't care for Joss Whedon.Always came off like a snarky, frustrated homosexual to me.

Only thing he got right was the final battle of the first Avengers flick.

The rest of his marvel run was a combination of:beli:& :russell: IMO

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA

bruce is a recluse and i'm not sure about how known wakanda is among non-government folks, it's kind of a low low key country