Wakanda
12783228_947422322044001_578871358_n.jpg

T'Challa in the cut :youngsabo:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't believe we're getting into this colorism discussion for Wakanda. African descent is the only requirement, or should be. That being said though, I'd like to see some darker sisters represented. Especially for Shuri.

Love these sistas especially:

Teyonah Parris (although maybe she's a bit old)

Karidja Toure

Toure recently said she had auditioned for young Storm in X-Men. I would love for her to get a role in Black Panther (which is a million times better).

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Note their posture

BP is standing with his hands behind his back while Cap is standing casually with his hands in pocket. Standing/walking with your hands behind your back is something that you see a lot of sophisticated, and intelligent people do.

From the looks of it, Chadwick really nailed the role. Can't wait to see it. :obama:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Toure recently said she had auditioned for young Storm in X-Men. I would love for her to get a role in Black Panther (which is a million times better).

For real. The storm role, for now, is overrated, the actress won't be getting much shine, and def not over magneto, xavier, and now mystique, not to mention sharing the space with everyone else.

The BP roles, however, are wide open. And the female lead can vary (either Shuri, the love interest, or someone else), and even the other supporting roles will have a notable presence and possibly key moments (Ramonda having a serious conversation with T'Challa, or the Doras putting in that work and giving all types of fades).

If I'm a black actress today who wants to enter the super-hero genre, the BP film is the best chance in hollywood today.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
@Roman Brady, you were wondering what martial arts Chadwick Boseman was practicing. May have found a clue via this IG post.

The teacher (on the left) practices taekwondo, BJJ, and Karate.

Sidenote: I rememer A LOT of people rightfully suggested Michael Jai White for the BP role because of his martial arts experience. Ironic that Chadwick, apparently, had martial arts experience as well all this time.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For real. The storm role, for now, is overrated, the actress won't be getting much shine, and def not over magneto, xavier, and now mystique, not to mention sharing the space with everyone else.

The BP roles, however, are wide open. And the female lead can vary (either Shuri, the love interest, or someone else), and even the other supporting roles will have a notable presence and possibly key moments (Ramonda having a serious conversation with T'Challa, or the Doras putting in that work and giving all types of fades).

If I'm a black actress today who wants to enter the super-hero genre, the BP film is the best chance in hollywood today.
Blactresses are going to eat off this movie. I hope they mostly cast brown skin and darker.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
That depends. Khoisan people of South Africa are the exception.

They are light AF .....

Steph clearly isn't Khoisan, so even that wouldn't apply here. And in South Africa, he would be considered coloured, not black.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I did say vast majority of countries, not all. I can't speak for all countries, as I'm not familiar in how all of them roll with this issue.

Plus, Steph clearly isn't Khoisan, so even that wouldn't apply here.

South Africa is a melting pot of races...he'd probably be considered colored there