flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And they actually can do that. Each dora represents a tribe of Wakanda. Thus, they can vary in looks.

Lupita for Shuri

Teyonah Parris for Monica Lynne

Tika Sumpter as the royal Consort :shaq:
Chocolate Tribe
Tiika Sumpter
Rutina Wesley
Lupita Nyongo (Kenyan)
Danai Gurira (Zimbabwean)

Caramel Tribe
Gina Torres
Emelia Burns
Megalyn Echikunwoke (Nigerian)

Butter Pecan Tribe
Cynthia Addai Robinson (Ghanaian)
Gugu Mbatha Raw (South African)
Ashley Madeke (Nigerian)

:blessed:

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Chocolate Tribe
Tiika Sumpter
Rutina Wesley
Lupita Nyongo (Kenyan)

Caramel Tribe
Gina Torres
Emelia Burns
Megalyn Echikunwoke (Nigerian)

Butter Pecan Tribe
Cynthia Addai Robinson (Ghanaian)
Gugu Mbatha Raw (South African)
Ashley Madeke (Nigerian)

:blessed:

:russ:

It appears you and I clearly have a different viewpoint of what "different shades" means in context of the BP verse.

Breh, you asking for the producers to be in a loooooot trouble, casting a lot of actresses who are mixed as the Doras. They don't want them problems.

1. Wakanda is an isolationist nation. Historically, only intermixing that would happen is between tribes. That's it.

2. In the comics, though they vary in appearance depending on the run, at no point were any of the Doras light skinned.

1136643-blackpanther02p10.jpg

^^^ Nakia and Okoye were based off Tyra Banks and Naomi Campbell.

Then you have the current look of the Doras.

midnightangels.jpg

tumblr_nz49tkmCFt1u496xso2_1280.jpg

O6MVIln.jpg

You'll be basically bringing the controversy with the Storm casting to the BP verse. The BP verse doesn't need that and shouldn't go there.

3. Lupita for Princess Shuri, breh

tumblr_n2cirhhG5H1qjv0q6o1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Honestly some being lightskin shouldn't matter as we come in all colors and not all lightskin was because of cac blood. The only thing there shouldn't be allowed though are biracials.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Now that I think about it.....none of the women of note in the BP verse are light skinned. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Kinda goes into the whole how many shades of black will there be if interracial (or intercultural) breeding rarely occurs (because isolationist reasons lol). Someone like Obama or Steph Curry are considered black from an American societal standpoint and so their complexion is part of the different shades of black spectrum, even though technically they're both mixed.

So it makes sense if Wakadans are typically in the Michael B Jordan to Wesley Snipes complexion range (give or take) b/c there likely wouldn't have been many if any mixed babies in their history.

Though that's from an extreme stand point perhaps, as depending on how hard a stance 'isolationist' policies entail, they could easily have it where Wakandans who get their education abroad or do expatriate work start families with outsiders and can bring the family (or children) back home with them.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ:

It appears you and I clearly have a different viewpoint of what "different shades" means in context of the BP verse.

Breh, you asking for the producers to be in a loooooot trouble, casting a lot of actresses who are mixed as the Doras. They don't want them problems.

1. Wakanda is an isolationist nation. Historically, only intermixing that would happen is between tribes. That's it.

2. In the comics, though they vary in appearance depending on the run, at no point were any of the Doras light skinned.

1136643-blackpanther02p10.jpg

^^^ Nakia and Okoye were based off Tyra Banks and Naomi Campbell.

Then you have the current look of the Doras.

midnightangels.jpg

tumblr_nz49tkmCFt1u496xso2_1280.jpg

O6MVIln.jpg

You'll be basically bringing the controversy with the Storm casting to the BP verse. The BP verse doesn't need that and shouldn't go there.

3. Lupita for Princess Shuri, breh

tumblr_n2cirhhG5H1qjv0q6o1_500.jpg

I only mentioned a couple of mixed girls.

Also

That depends.

If we have a black person who is mixed but is brown skin, versus a black person who is not mixed but light skinned. Which one is preferred?

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Honestly some being lightskin shouldn't matter as we come in all colors and not all lightskin was because of cac blood. The only thing there shouldn't be allowed though are biracials.

My bad for not clarifying. By light skinned, I actually meant biracial.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I only mentioned two mixed girls.

Also

That depends.

If we have a black person who is mixed but is brown skin, versus a black person who is not mixed but light skinned. Which one is preferred?

Forgot to clarify. Instead of light skinned, I should've said biracial. Also, in Africa a mixed person is classified as mixed. There's a specific name for it for each country.

As for your question, I'll put it in very plain terms. If they look the part, it's all good. If they don't, nah.

Exceptions aside, the vast majority of those of who are biracial won't look the part.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Forgot to clarify. Instead of light skinned, I should've said biracial. Also, in Africa a mixed person is classified as mixed. There's a specific name for it for each country.

As for your question, I'll put it in very plain terms. If they look the part, it's all good. If they don't, nah.

Exceptions aside, the vast majority of those of who are biracial won't look the part.

Okay cool I understand. Ashley and Gugu don't look the part, but Megalyn does.

It's just hard to think of light skinned actresses who aren't biracial.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Kinda goes into the whole how many shades of black will there be if interracial (or intercultural) breeding rarely occurs (because isolationist reasons lol). Someone like Obama or Steph Curry are considered black from an American societal standpoint and so their complexion is part of the different shades of black spectrum, even though technically they're both mixed.

So it makes sense if Wakadans are typically in the Michael B Jordan to Wesley Snipes complexion range (give or take) b/c there likely wouldn't have been many if any mixed babies in their history.

Though that's from an extreme stand point perhaps, as depending on how hard a stance 'isolationist' policies entail, they could easily have it where Wakandans who get their education abroad or do expatriate work start families with outsiders and can bring the family (or children) back home with them.

It's possibly but that would be the exception, not the rule.

All the non-Wakandans (by origin) we have encountered in the BP verse, (Ramonda, Storm, Monica Lynne, and especially White Wolf) have received pushback due to them not being from Wakanda. And all those characters had the cosign of a member of the royal family.

Of course, it may be different for regular civilians and the movie may indeed go the direction you mentioned, but the movie may go with the comics on this one as well.