FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
What about Pacific Rim 2?

They making up for the backlash on Finn by making Boyega look pretty strong, could that dethrone BP next weekend?:ohhh:

Martha
I forgot about that one. Potentially. Reports from a few months ago had Pacific Rim 2 tracking way below the og which only opened to 37mil. Variety posted a few days ago saying it could open anywhere from 20-30.

It's gonna be close. Ready Player one is tracking much stronger and will be against Black Panther's 7th week.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I forgot about that one. Potentially. Reports from a few months ago had Pacific Rim 2 tracking way below the og which only opened to 37mil. Variety posted a few days ago saying it could open anywhere from 20-30.

It's gonna be close. Ready Player one is tracking much stronger and will be against Black Panther's 7th week.

Breh BP playing with house money at this point .

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I still prefer The Dark Knight to Black Panther.

But Black Panther was a damn good movie. Not only in storytelling and acting, but also in its impact on the zeitgeist of moviegoing. We have a movie with primarily black actors, showcasing black excellence, making serious bank. Money talks. This opens the door for more black blockbusters and a higher quality of black film.

Anybody's who hating has to have latent or blatant racism running through their veins. Point blank period. You can't tell me this wasn't one of the best superhero movies ever made right up there with Winter Soldier, Dark Knight, Logan etc.

Except Black Panther is more exceptional, if not in execution, than in breaking the cookie-cutter white protagonist billion dollar movie. Not to say its execution was subpar. Do I think there could be some minor improvements? Sure, but overall, Black Panther shyts on most superhero films period.

I just have an issue when it comes to super hero movies where the antagonist is "all talk" and little to now physical action against the hero. Like you can have all the dope hot lines and dialogue and monologues in the world.

But if in the 3rd act after a long "cat and mouse" game the conclusion comes when the villain doesnt fight, doesnt put up a fight at all and gets washed fairly easy...... in comparison to movies where they actually DO fight and its a pretty EPIC fight.

Its hard for me to rank that higher

And I get that Joker really isnt a villain thats physical challenge for BM, but the fact that he never was a physical threat kinda keeps it from being better than some others

A lot of times when we go back in watch these movies... not all the time we have the time to sit there and watch it in their entirety so we want to see the highlights and talking really aint a highlight IMO:hubie:

Martha

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
And one more thing :mjps:

:jbhmm: The numbers BP has done oversees basically confirms how white American pop culture has dominated other cultures over decades upon decades. While we get love in small percentages and for brief moments by way of musical acts like Michael Jackson etc., our culture has been stereotyped, stigmatized and branded in the minds of foreigners for years.

It's funny though. Avatar still holds the all time record for foreign ticket sales, even though the Navi were all voiced by black or afro-latino actors. If they were all actually black, I doubt it wouldn't done the same numbers.

Sadly, I don't see much of a change. Too many people, have been socially conditioned for too long.

And speaking of Michael Jackson...:patrice:

classic scene

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
28764040_199383993990294_5296523754979983360_n.jpg