Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Damn you was on the low end for real.:dwillhuh:

I had it at least making over $800 million after the success of Civil War, the black audience factor and the success Marvel had last year with all 3 movies making $850 million.

After the movement started I had it doing between $120 and $190 mil opening weekend. I figured it would end up somewhere in the low to mid $500 mil range domestically.

I had hopes but didn't expect it to do well internationally as other blockbuster movies that did huge numbers domestically and sadly I was right.

I also didn't expect it to stay number 1 for 5 weeks :wow:

African Americans, literally carried this movie. Without us, it doesn't crack a billion at this point.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
And one more thing :mjps:

:jbhmm: The numbers BP has done oversees basically confirms how white American pop culture has dominated other cultures over decades upon decades. While we get love in small percentages and for brief moments by way of musical acts like Michael Jackson etc., our culture has been stereotyped, stigmatized and branded in the minds of foreigners for years.

It's funny though. Avatar still holds the all time record for foreign ticket sales, even though the Navi were all voiced by black or afro-latino actors. If they were all actually black, I doubt it wouldn't done the same numbers.

Sadly, I don't see much of a change. Too many people, have been socially conditioned for too long.

And speaking of Michael Jackson...:patrice:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Nah, I dont even recognise Michael B Jordan in that performance. He comes off as legit hate fueled individual, the look he gives that British woman after he tells her she shouldve watched what she was drinking was pure savagery, his body language when he walks to the throne, then sits on it, or the glimmer in his eyes when Okoye challenges him. He reminded me of Tupac as Bishop in Juice. I like to watch actors' body language to see how into their characters they are and Michael B WAS Killmonger, I'm not surprised he said his prep for that role took him to a dark place.

And his dialogue was fire.

Tchalla: "You want to see us become like the people you hate so much. Divide and conquer the land as they did"
Erik: "Nah, I learned from enemies. Beat em at they own game!"
Tchalla: "You have become them. You would destroy the world, Wakanda included!"

Erik: This world took everything away from. Everything I ever loved. But Ima make sure we're even. I'ma track down anyone who would even think about being loyal to you, and I'ma put they ass in the dirt. Right next to Zuri.

:wow:

And you must not be human if you felt nothing when Erik said:

"Can you believe it? A kid from Oakland running around believing in fairy tales.
:mjcry:
DYnUj2aXcAAJ6kd.jpg

:wow:
Deep down they hate seeing black people look powerful, and they're the ones who love seeing movies like The Help or 12 Years A Slave. White women keep bringing up WW because it's been bushed, and these frat boys will cling to Dark Knight until the end of time:pachaha:
I'm also noticing "Hey I'm not a hater I loved Fruitvale Station" :mjgrin:

Which is fine. Great movie and its cool if people don't love a certain movie. It just seems even the ones who aren't "racist" just seem to love or connect to black suffering instead of black excellence.

Guy here made a good reply to people running with the review

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA

:jbhmm: The numbers BP has done oversees basically confirms how white American pop culture has dominated other cultures over decades upon decades. While we get love in small percentages and for brief moments by way of musical acts like Michael Jackson etc., our culture has been stereotyped, stigmatized and branded in the minds of foreigners for years.

It's funny though. Avatar still holds the all time record for foreign ticket sales, even though the Navi were all voiced by black or afro-latino actors. If they were all actually black, I doubt it wouldn't done the same numbers.

Sadly, I don't see much of a change. Too many people, have been socially conditioned for too long.

The only overseas markets where BP had a lukewarm reception was China, Spain and Italy. And we didnt even need the Chinese to touch a billi.
As long as a "Black" blockbuster does strong domestic numbers and performs above average in the EU, Southeast Asia and South America, we straight.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

Loved that scene....:wow: Powerful scene.

Favorite childhood film.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:mjlol: this movie still rollin at the box office. R.I.P. "Tomb Invader". :russ: I know Ready Player One looking like :picard::patrice:

That’s the ONE movie I wanna see BP steamroll.

RPO is the only movie that has a chance to dehtrone it before Infinity War IMO.

Let's all buy the Blu-ray on May 15th and set even more records :obama:

What about Pacific Rim 2?

They making up for the backlash on Finn by making Boyega look pretty strong, could that dethrone BP next weekend?:ohhh:

Martha

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still prefer The Dark Knight to Black Panther.

But Black Panther was a damn good movie. Not only in storytelling and acting, but also in its impact on the zeitgeist of moviegoing. We have a movie with primarily black actors, showcasing black excellence, making serious bank. Money talks. This opens the door for more black blockbusters and a higher quality of black film.

Anybody's who hating has to have latent or blatant racism running through their veins. Point blank period. You can't tell me this wasn't one of the best superhero movies ever made right up there with Winter Soldier, Dark Knight, Logan etc.

Except Black Panther is more exceptional, if not in execution, than in breaking the cookie-cutter white protagonist billion dollar movie. Not to say its execution was subpar. Do I think there could be some minor improvements? Sure, but overall, Black Panther shyts on most superhero films period.