Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

If you check Reddit or these superhero sites every time BP is #1 its the same "The movie was good but it wasn't that good. Or its just another mediocre why is it doing so well." Also the "I'm happy for its success, but I don't like it doing better than Homecoming or GOTG2, or Wonder Woman" :mjgrin:

If yall brehs pay attention...none of them are saying its bad. Just dislike how good it is or how good people think the movie is.

Look at the disgust of these guys talking about the movie acting like its barely better than a phase 1 movie. :russ:

Deep down they hate seeing black people look powerful, and they're the ones who love seeing movies like The Help or 12 Years A Slave. White women keep bringing up WW because it's been bushed, and these frat boys will cling to Dark Knight until the end of time:pachaha:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Deep down they hate seeing black people look powerful, and they're the ones who love seeing movies like The Help or 12 Years A Slave. White women keep bringing up WW because it's been bushed, and these frat boys will cling to Dark Knight until the end of time:pachaha:

They tried to jack a move we created...

Then get mad when we take it back :russ:

:hubie:

:jbhmm:Get mad because it took less than a year before little girls wanted to be like Shuri instead of Wonder woman brehs

mr x

Superstar
Daps
It would have been dope if tde were the musical guests for chadwick's snl show.

Could have performed all the stars and kings dead/X medley

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
He was just a kid hurt by the loss of his father and the abandonment of his people after all. There's intent behind the portrayal.

MBJ killed it so disagree with everything you said here pretty much, but what I will say is I agree I would have loved to have seen a sense of wander in his eyes when he first arrived in his ancestral homeland.

We got it in the end when he got the full view tho.

Yeah, I agree with you. I'm surprised at so many folks coming out the woodwork saying that MBJ's performance was weak. First off, he came off better than I expected, but also, I thought he overall did the role justice and the "try hard" type of persona about him is essentially how Killmonger is in the books, so it was pretty accurate in that regard as well, I feel. I don't think he steals the movie, like some folks feel, nor was he my fav character or actor in it, but he did a fantastic job, among many others that also did stellar jobs as well.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
DYT7VzsW4AAmL0c.jpg

DYgW73gWsAAz7hx.jpg

Also he didn't even acknowledge his father the same way T'Challa did his. Breh was just focused to a fault. That's why at the end once he realized it was a wrap/knew he fukked up he started to take in everything. A true didn't appreciate until its too late moment.

Killmonger’s last few scenes are amazing. MBJ played the hell outta that.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Yeah, I agree with you. I'm surprised at so many folks coming out the woodwork saying that MBJ's performance was weak. First off, he came off better than I expected, but also, I thought he overall did the role justice and the "try hard" type of persona about him is essentially how Killmonger is in the books, so it was pretty accurate in that regard as well, I feel. I don't think he steals the movie, like some folks feel, nor was he my fav character or actor in it, but he did a fantastic job, among many others that also did stellar jobs as well.

I'm not surprised :russ:

Once they compared his performance to Heath Ledger, I knew it was only a matter of time.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
I know this has probably been discussed a lot, but I just got around to watching this and Michael B dropped the ball again man. Killmonger grew up in the hood, father murdered, caught hella bodies, and yet it wasn't one moment where I truly felt like Jordan fully tapped into the character. Never felt like he was from Oakland; the pain from losing his father never resonated; never felt like he was a villain who could kill with impunity. Jordan never embraced his villain.

Just thinking about it now, his homecoming to Wakanda had the potential to be a much more pivotal and monumental moment. The kid from Oakland finally reaches the faraway kingdom whose beauty would always be spoiled by the murder of his father.

Even the battle for power was weak when Jordan was barking all that shyt. Dude was never intimidating, just came off as a good guy trying to play the bad guy.
Nah, I dont even recognise Michael B Jordan in that performance. He comes off as legit hate fueled individual, the look he gives that British woman after he tells her she shouldve watched what she was drinking was pure savagery, his body language when he walks to the throne, then sits on it, or the glimmer in his eyes when Okoye challenges him. He reminded me of Tupac as Bishop in Juice. I like to watch actors' body language to see how into their characters they are and Michael B WAS Killmonger, I'm not surprised he said his prep for that role took him to a dark place.

And his dialogue was fire.

Tchalla: "You want to see us become like the people you hate so much. Divide and conquer the land as they did"
Erik: "Nah, I learned from enemies. Beat em at they own game!"
Tchalla: "You have become them. You would destroy the world, Wakanda included!"

Erik: This world took everything away from. Everything I ever loved. But Ima make sure we're even. I'ma track down anyone who would even think about being loyal to you, and I'ma put they ass in the dirt. Right next to Zuri.

:wow:

And you must not be human if you felt nothing when Erik said:

"Can you believe it? A kid from Oakland running around believing in fairy tales.
:mjcry:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Nah, I dont even recognise Michael B Jordan in that performance. He comes off as legit hate fueled individual, the look he gives that British woman after he tells her she shouldve watched what she was drinking was pure savagery, his body language when he walks to the throne, then sits on it, or when the glimmer in his eyes when Okoye challenges him. He reminded me of Tupac as Bishop in Juice.

And his dialogue was fire.

Tchalla: "You want to see us become like the people you hate so much. Divide and conquer the land as they did"
Erik: "Nah, I learned from enemies. Beat em at they own game!"
Tchalla: "You have become them. You would destroy the world, Wakanda included!"

Erik: This world took everything away from. Everything I ever loved. But Ima make sure we're even. I'ma track down anyone who would even think about being loyal to you, and I'ma put they ass in the dirt. Right next to Zuri.

:wow:

And you must not be human if you felt nothing when Erik said:

"Can you believe it? A kid from Oakland running around believing in fairy tales.
:mjcry:

It's a good character, good writing, but a poor/forgettable performance.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Meant to specify domestic. Figured it would do Doctor Strange numbers.
Damn you was on the low end for real.:dwillhuh:

I had it at least making over $800 million after the success of Civil War, the black audience factor and the success Marvel had last year with all 3 movies making $850 million.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
It's a good character, good writing, but a poor/forgettable performance.

^^^Cats gotta stop smoking weed then.... it hurts the memory and niccas forget shyt:sas2:

I've seen niccas so high, they go to a gas station to get gas... go in and pay the guy there, then go back to their car and drive off without getting any gas:sas1:

STAAAAAAAAY OFF THE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DUH!!!!!

Martha