Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I don’t know about all that. It’s already been reported that Disney is going to make more money off Black Panther than Civil War and Age of Ultron.

It’s all about money at the end of the day and even though worldwide Black Panther will come in 3rd behind Avengers 1&2, studios make more money from the domestic box office and Black Panther will pass Avengers to be #1 superhero film of all time domestically next week.

I do agree the release date push was to give Infinity War another week to itself but Disney don’t give a damn where the money come from.

Black Panther will most likely beat Infinity War domestically anyway.

When I say they don’t want BP to make more than IW I mean from a business standpoint, not a racial one. It doesn’t look good if IW grosses less than BP. Just like if it grosses less than Ant Man or Dr Strange or Spider-Man

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I don’t know about all that. It’s already been reported that Disney is going to make more money off Black Panther than Civil War and Age of Ultron.

It’s all about money at the end of the day and even though worldwide Black Panther will come in 3rd behind Avengers 1&2, studios make more money from the domestic box office and Black Panther will pass Avengers to be #1 superhero film of all time domestically next week.

I do agree the release date push was to give Infinity War another week to itself but Disney don’t give a damn where the money come from.

Black Panther will most likely beat Infinity War domestically anyway.
smaller budget and because the actors in BP most likely got pennies but yeah

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Yea..... probably in line with how a lot of the other actors in all the other Marvel movies got pennies too.

I'm sure Kate Dennings didnt get like $60M for Thor 1 or 2..... yet alone even $3.

Same for Tim Roth in Hulk, Tilda Swinton in Doc Strange, Michael Douglas in Antman and so on and so on.

So its probably all the same movie to movie and at the end of the day..... these guys have all probably gotten a significantly nice check from these movies not to mention a nice resume piece that opens doors for other things

Martha

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The cold truth of it is that Marvel/Disney does NOT want BP to actually outgross a main Avengers movie, especially one that they’ve been literally building towards for a decade.

That’s why they had to move up the release. Because they don’t want the “competition” from Solo and Deadpool 2 to hinder them crushing buildings
Infinity War is going to outgross BP worldwide regardless. Movie is doing at least 1.5 billion. Will be interesting if it tops it domestically. I think it will, but we'll see.
Can this got damn movie be stopped!??? LMAO! Not only did it dominate Tomb Raider but it has officially passed Civil War in world wide sells and is gaining on Iron Man 3.:wow:

It is also close to surpassing Avengers in domestic box office. Cacs online are in total shock...:wow:

They're counting down the days till Infinity War drops so that the Black Panther hype/love dies down

Cause its shyt like this that they don't like.

They gon be mad as shyt when Disney does the Oscar campaign later this year.

Feige, Nolan and Spielberg showing ultimate love got them disliking their favorites :wow:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
That’s a factor for sure but also because BP is doing so well domestically.

$600 million and counting compared to $408 million for Civil War and $459 million for Age of Ultron.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Infinity War is going to outgross BP worldwide regardless. Movie is doing at least 1.5 billion. Will be interesting if it tops it domestically. I think it will, but we'll see.

They're counting down the days till Infinity War drops so that the Black Panther hype/love dies down

Cause its shyt like this that they don't like.

They gon be mad as shyt when Disney does the Oscar campaign later this year.

Feige, Nolan and Spielberg showing ultimate love got them disliking their favorites :wow:

I was saying this exact thing here.
Why the Black Panther is the most IMPORTANT black film in recent history(RANT)

There now is going to be MORE negros in Sci-Fi/Fantasy. Basically a big push for Afro-Futurism or any Black film that is empowering and there will be no more credible excuses.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
Brehs, this movie actually has s legit chance to pass The Avengers domestically :dahell:

It's going to clear 600 mil this weekend and may end up at 640 by the end of its run. It's also going to pass The Last Jedi :mindblown:

I was just happy with a billion. It's a damn shame the international response hasn't kept up:snoop:
Homie I tried. I went to watch the movie 5 damn times...and bought about 4 3d glasses with it (which I didn't have to do, but I'm a forgetful person). :francis:
Still, there are people I talked to who didn't watch the movie. It's fukking crazy.

I want the movie to break records. Real talk.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
This is why i ignored those armchair militants who were dissing the film, because they couldn't see how pissed cacs were that this film was breaking records. Seeing cacs seethe over Date Night & Annihilation not being to dethrone it was also enjoyable:wow::pachaha:
If you check Reddit or these superhero sites every time BP is #1 its the same "The movie was good but it wasn't that good. Or its just another mediocre why is it doing so well." Also the "I'm happy for its success, but I don't like it doing better than Homecoming or GOTG2, or Wonder Woman" :mjgrin:

If yall brehs pay attention...none of them are saying its bad. Just dislike how good it is or how good people think the movie is.

Look at the disgust of these guys talking about the movie acting like its barely better than a phase 1 movie. :russ: