Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Jesus. This movie will not stop. :picard:

#7 domestic all-time, #14 worldwide all-time. This is going to be in the top 5 domestic easily beating out Avengers and The Last Jedi when all is said and done.

Black people are REALLY showing out for this movie. The theater I went to last night was 70% black and the way people were quoting dialogue you could tell it was many people’s second or third viewing:banderas:

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Black people are REALLY showing out for this movie. The theater I went to last night was 70% black and the way people were quoting dialogue you could tell it was many people’s second or third viewing:banderas:
I'm amazed by the success of this movie. I figured it was going to do $200-250 million for it's whole run, it killed that opening weekend. :russ:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
He was just a kid hurt by the loss of his father and the abandonment of his people after all. There's intent behind the portrayal.

MBJ killed it so disagree with everything you said here pretty much, but what I will say is I agree I would have loved to have seen a sense of wander in his eyes when he first arrived in his ancestral homeland.

We got it in the end when he got the full view tho.
Some of the worse acting ever, ppl are too wrapped up in the moment and his final words to see it seems. The way he looked at the sun set and uttered "its beautiful" with an actor that could emote better that scene would have been even more powerful. You could tell he was just looking at a green screen the whole time, his eyes were so dead. The worse part was his reaction right when t'challa offers the herb. His rotation was so stiff and his delivery of "why" was gowful, some serious stage school level acting there

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
DYT7VzsW4AAmL0c.jpg

DYgW73gWsAAz7hx.jpg

I know this has probably been discussed a lot, but I just got around to watching this and Michael B dropped the ball again man. Killmonger grew up in the hood, father murdered, caught hella bodies, and yet it wasn't one moment where I truly felt like Jordan fully tapped into the character. Never felt like he was from Oakland; the pain from losing his father never resonated; never felt like he was a villain who could kill with impunity. Jordan never embraced his villain.

Just thinking about it now, his homecoming to Wakanda had the potential to be a much more pivotal and monumental moment. The kid from Oakland finally reaches the faraway kingdom whose beauty would always be spoiled by the murder of his father.

Even the battle for power was weak when Jordan was barking all that shyt. Dude was never intimidating, just came off as a good guy trying to play the bad guy.

He was just a kid hurt by the loss of his father and the abandonment of his people after all. There's intent behind the portrayal.

MBJ killed it so disagree with everything you said here pretty much, but what I will say is I agree I would have loved to have seen a sense of wander in his eyes when he first arrived in his ancestral homeland.

We got it in the end when he got the full view tho.

Also he didn't even acknowledge his father the same way T'Challa did his. Breh was just focused to a fault. That's why at the end once he realized it was a wrap/knew he fukked up he started to take in everything. A true didn't appreciate until its too late moment.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I'm amazed by the success of this movie. I figured it was going to do $200-250 million for it's whole run, it killed that opening weekend. :russ:
Damn you ain’t have no faith at all. :mjlol:

Unless it was a bad movie, it was going to make a minimum $400 million domestic with the lack of competition. It just massively over performed.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Some of the worse acting ever, ppl are too wrapped up in the moment and his final words to see it seems. The way he looked at the sun set and uttered "its beautiful" with an actor that could emote better that scene would have been even more powerful. You could tell he was just looking at a green screen the whole time, his eyes were so dead. The worse part was his reaction right when t'challa offers the herb. His rotation was so stiff and his delivery of "why" was gowful, some serious stage school level acting there

Some of the worst acting ever huh?

Gotcha.

Code

Banned
Daps
Also the "infinity war beating blackpanther's record" articles are misleading since black panther did not put out tickets at the same time as the trailer

Cacs can't even let BP enjoy its records for more than a month, smh