B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Damn, and I supported lots of Chinese movies when they had that run of martial arts films in the early 2000s. Crouching Tiger, Hero....
I spent my formative years watching Once Upon a Time in China. Ill keep their reception to Black Panther in mind the next time I think about spending money on their "China pride" movies.

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I'll take it a step further..

CGI was on point we'd be talking oscars with this movie. Maybe even win. :snoop:

CGI sticks out like a sore thumb tho :francis:

Watching the Infinity War trailer was bittersweet. Like man if it had this :wow::why:

The CGI could've been better but the movie is still already being talked about for oscars. And why are ya'll surprised the CGI in IW is better? It has a MUCH bigger budget than BP.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The CGI could've been better but the movie is still already being talked about for oscars. And why are ya'll surprised the CGI in IW is better? It has a MUCH bigger budget than BP.
Its not about it being "better". Its that one looks great while the other was mediocre. CGI should have at least been good. I know its getting oscar buzz. Just saying that poor CGI could be the one issue that keeps it from getting that love. Its not just a few people saying its a flaw its even those that loved the movie. Poor to mediocre CGI is the out for them to avoid giving Coogler and the movie its props.

Its like damn...GOTG2 and Thor Ragnarok didn't have those problems.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Its not about it being "better". Its that one looks great while the other was mediocre. CGI should have at least been good. I know its getting oscar buzz. Just saying that poor CGI could be the one issue that keeps it from getting that love. Its not just a few people saying its a flaw its even those that loved the movie. Poor to mediocre CGI is the out for them to avoid giving Coogler and the movie its props.

And both of those films are seen as a step back from their previous ones.
I'll take it a step further..

CGI was on point we'd be talking oscars with this movie. Maybe even win. :snoop:

CGI sticks out like a sore thumb tho :francis:

Watching the Infinity War trailer was bittersweet. Like man if it had this :wow::why:
This movie cleared a billion and y'all want to keep harping on something that in the long run means nothing. Tell me the last Marvel movie that was able to sell itself on the story alone and make the special effects secondary?:sas2: This movie is already in discussion for the Oscars next year, and if it had come out last year it would've won best picture.
Yeah why not?
Because it's played.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
This movie cleared a billion and y'all want to keep harping on something that in the long run means nothing. Tell me the last Marvel movie that was able to sell itself on the story alone and make the special effects secondary?:sas2: This movie is already in discussion for the Oscars next year, and if it had come out last year it would've won best picture.
I just worry some of the that CGI late in the movie will take oscars voters out of it. But hopefully not.

However, I also care about how well the movie ages...the CGI in this movie 4 years from now. :francis:

Still love the movie and its a classic. Just realize it was close to being a flat out masterpiece imo.

kuts

All Star
Daps
STL053870

Black Panther 2

Stop being white

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

You just ain't looking in the right spot because Ragnarok getting drug for its CGI too. It's just the nature of the beast at this point since Marvel cranking these things out now. No time for more work in post processing, they have to get these movies out.

The CGI is not going to be a factor in this movie getting an Oscar. If Dark Knight couldn't grab one then this joint sure as hell wasn't. Plus it's not as if they were displaying something unprecedented with the CGI, it was just his costume. We ain't talking OG Jurassic Park here when it comes to wowing audiences.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Saw the movie twice and neither time did I care about the CGI even 10% as much as you guys.

The only time I was like "lol" was when they were falling through the sky. Otherwise it didn't bother me at all.

If that stops the movie from being an Oscar candidate, cacs just didnt wanna give it to its props.

Not that we should give a fukk about those cac awards anyway.