chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Personally, I think this whole china thing is overblown. It has pretty good reviews on their version of imdb. It made over 86MM so far and that's in line with many marvel movies at 100M. I think to expect people outside of America to resonate with this movie as if everyone can relate to the experiences and to the characters shouldn't be expected. It's not like a ton of people here went to see the Great Wall when it came out lol. It obviously does not resonate as much but to call it a failure would be a hyperbole.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I just worry some of the that CGI late in the movie will take oscars voters out of it. But hopefully not.

However, I also care about how well the movie ages...the CGI in this movie 4 years from now. :francis:

Still love the movie and its a classic. Just realize it was close to being a flat out masterpiece imo.
That sounds reasonable.

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Damn shame Infinity War's CGI is looking more crispy in its trailers than BP was in the movie. :francis:
tumblr_p5ouo018Uj1socz3go6_540.gif
Thats easy IW has the massive budget. All resources are going into this movie.

With actors, advertising id say this movie needs to do a billion to probably break even

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I know this has probably been discussed a lot, but I just got around to watching this and Michael B dropped the ball again man. Killmonger grew up in the hood, father murdered, caught hella bodies, and yet it wasn't one moment where I truly felt like Jordan fully tapped into the character. Never felt like he was from Oakland; the pain from losing his father never resonated; never felt like he was a villain who could kill with impunity. Jordan never embraced his villain.

Just thinking about it now, his homecoming to Wakanda had the potential to be a much more pivotal and monumental moment. The kid from Oakland finally reaches the faraway kingdom whose beauty would always be spoiled by the murder of his father.

Even the battle for power was weak when Jordan was barking all that shyt. Dude was never intimidating, just came off as a good guy trying to play the bad guy.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Saw the movie for the 4th time on Friday. If they never did the scene with Erik on the throne where he’s talkin about how blacks around the globe didn’t have the firepower to stage an effective revolt, he would of been a despicable individual. That sole scene puts him in the right all the female abuse he performed were noble sacrifices for a greater cause....sorry sis :yeshrug: and T’challa isn’t a c00n just ignorant to race relations.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its not about it being "better". Its that one looks great while the other was mediocre. CGI should have at least been good. I know its getting oscar buzz. Just saying that poor CGI could be the one issue that keeps it from getting that love. Its not just a few people saying its a flaw its even those that loved the movie. Poor to mediocre CGI is the out for them to avoid giving Coogler and the movie its props.

Its like damn...GOTG2 and Thor Ragnarok didn't have those problems.

GOTG1 either

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I know this has probably been discussed a lot, but I just got around to watching this and Michael B dropped the ball again man. Killmonger grew up in the hood, father murdered, caught hella bodies, and yet it wasn't one moment where I truly felt like Jordan fully tapped into the character. Never felt like he was from Oakland; the pain from losing his father never resonated; never felt like he was a villain who could kill with impunity. Jordan never embraced his villain.

Just thinking about it now, his homecoming to Wakanda had the potential to be a much more pivotal and monumental moment. The kid from Oakland finally reaches the faraway kingdom whose beauty would always be spoiled by the murder of his father.

Even the battle for power was weak when Jordan was barking all that shyt. Dude was never intimidating, just came off as a good guy trying to play the bad guy.

He was just a kid hurt by the loss of his father and the abandonment of his people after all. There's intent behind the portrayal.

MBJ killed it so disagree with everything you said here pretty much, but what I will say is I agree I would have loved to have seen a sense of wander in his eyes when he first arrived in his ancestral homeland.

We got it in the end when he got the full view tho.