Reppin
NULL

Q0mqRq.gif

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Okoye will eventually become Black Panther in one of the movie sequels for a short time. Isn't it obvious? I just can't see Shuri taking on that role.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Bernardin is an idiot

Everyone loves him because they knew him before the movie. It's like he knows nothing about the character

Bernard is a dumbass. I haven't checked that podcast since the first time he was talking out his ass and Evans/the black cast checked him on it.

You can just as easily oversimplify Captain America's entire chasracter arc by saying it 'just' comes down to being butt hurt about Bucky bc otherwise Steve is too noble and perfect and blah blah so he's always reacting.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
This would make T'Challa a secondary character in his own film. M'Baku becomes King then Killmonger becomes his problem and the bulk of the film's conflict would be between those two. T'Challa would be the 3rd wheel at best. Not only that, but Killmonger becoming king would then rob BP of giving M'Baku his comeuppance from their earlier ceremonial fight. This all doesn't make sense from a storytelling perspective, and would make for an even worse film.

I'm confused by what Bernardin is trying to say. BP is not supposed to be relatable like Spidey is. He's not defined by struggle. He's essentially a power fantasy character like Batman and Cap are. You never hear these folks complain about Cap being too strong, too competent, too perfect.

Yup. I would expect this "BP not relatable" talking point from cacs like that Grace woman from a year ago [so much for thinking BP wouldn't be a hit!] but hearing a supposedly thoughtful "deep" black man missing the mark and swimming in that same double standard hypocrisy :scust:

That "relatable" stuff is overrated anyway.

Spider-Man is a fantasy character that fat obese white nerds who got bullied in high school and could never date the hot blonde or hot red haired chick wished they could be. Wish upon a star if a magic spider would bite me ass lol

Peter Parker is 5'10, cut, super genius approaching Reed's IQ level, and fukks model bytches

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
so with killmonger clearly getting some love how soon til we see marvel start investing in that character in terms of new stories and spinoffs¿

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
“A torture for the eyes”: Chinese moviegoers think Black Panther is just too black
“A torture for the eyes”: Chinese moviegoers think Black Panther is just too black

:mjpls::mjpls::mjpls::mjpls:

This is why Africa needs to be an alternative market...

To be fair, there's this too

I saw the title of that article at the very top of BP google news (which i thought was very :mjpls: placement by google) and i rolled my eyes, bc it sounded like some hack journalist wanted the most click bait story in wake of BP being a financial hit in China and hitting 1 billion. So he consolidated the most racist responses to try and dampen the myth being shattered that a black cast couldn't sell overseas, esp in asian territories.

But that aside, without question African countries improving their infrastructure and being able to invest in movie theaters and distribution companies is and will always be the key.

BP broke records in west africa regions [nigeria, ghana, etc,] but they only have 32 theaters period throughout that region. If that were to even get to a 1,000 [US has like 4500+], it'd be a wrap.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps