Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
“A torture for the eyes”: Chinese moviegoers think Black Panther is just too black
“A torture for the eyes”: Chinese moviegoers think Black Panther is just too black

:mjpls::mjpls::mjpls::mjpls:

This is why Africa needs to be an alternative market...
Cacs excuses r running out.

First it was "u guys can't sell in China"

Now it's this

And if u browsed those comments shyt that was said in the article is rarely present in the comments.

This just a new narrative and excuse cacs are manifesting. To justify lack of big black movies.

This narrative will fail and fall flat on it's face

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I think Okoye will eventually become Black Panther in one of the movie sequels for a short time. Isn't it obvious? I just can't see Shuri taking on that role.

None of them will, T'Challa will have that role for as long as Chadwick is around and/or the MCU feels like it. He's too popular of a character not to. On top of that, none of the big players of the MCU got replaced even on a temp basis. I doubt they will do that to T'Challa during the trilogy or beyond.

As for Shuri, its only her first MCU appearance of possibly many. When Comic Shuri first showed up, the thought of her being a BP was almost ludicrous. shyt happened along the way, she got older, and surprise, she became a BP.

I am certain the Shuri we have now won't be the exact same come BP 3. She'll keep her tech/science knowledge and have some jokes here and there but she'll go through things. Plus she'll be older too.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
To be fair, there's this too

I saw the title of that article at the very top of BP google news (which i thought was very :mjpls: placement by google) and i rolled my eyes, bc it sounded like some hack journalist wanted the most click bait story in wake of BP being a financial hit in China and hitting 1 billion. So he consolidated the most racist responses to try and dampen the myth being shattered that a black cast couldn't sell overseas, esp in asian territories.

But that aside, without question African countries improving their infrastructure and being able to invest in movie theaters and distribution companies is and will always be the key.

BP broke records in west africa regions [nigeria, ghana, etc,] but they only have 32 theaters period throughout that region. If that were to even get to a 1,000 [US has like 4500+], it'd be a wrap.

This is why I don’t even bother with the negative click bait articles. There’s an obvious agenda behind this and they are trying to discredit the film in anyway possible. Problem is the tactics are not working and the movie continues to break records.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
This is why I don’t even bother with the negative click bait articles. There’s an obvious agenda behind this and they are trying to discredit the film in anyway possible. Problem is the tactics are not working and the movie continues to break records.
Move, or be moved.

It’s about time we as a people just acknowledge those racists. Their days of setting the agenda are over.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
tumblr_p5cnpbGmR41tgo8o0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_p5cnpbGmR41tgo8o0o2_500.jpg

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wakanda is MORE than prepared to go there if necessary. It’s one of the reasons that T’Challa joined the Avengers (in the comics) so he could spy on them. He has contingency plans to defeat every single hero and villain in the Marvel Canon up to Galactus.

If T’Challa really WANTED to pull a Kilmonger he could.

Remember, Wakanda is the most technologically advanced nation on (MC/MCU) earth. They aren’t to be trifled with

In the comics is Wakanda still considered the top nation on earth? I know they purposely lost all their vibranium at one point to protect it from Doom taking it after he beat the breaks off BP

Also did Wakanda get destroyed at the end of that arc? I dont really remember because I only casually fukk with comics

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
In the comics is Wakanda still considered the top nation on earth? I know they purposely lost all their vibranium at one point to protect it from Doom taking it after he beat the breaks off BP

Also did Wakanda get destroyed at the end of that arc? I dont really remember because I only casually fukk with comics

-Namor flooded Wakanda

-T’Challa made Vibranium inert in order to stop Doom

-At the end of Secret Wars T’Challa used the Infinity Gauntlet to restore Wakanda back to its Glory. They still have Vibranium and they are still the most advanced nation on Earth. They have a space program and Coates’s new arc is supposedly exploring a Wakandan Galactic Empire

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
People still want Shuri to be the Black Panther?

I like Markeia but I swear she wants this franchise to be all about the women.

I'm talking about the new collider heroes episode btw

Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County
Seen it a third time. Such a good film. I don't recommend watching it on a non imax screen though :picard:

The first two times were Imax 2D whereas I was going to go see it in Imax but we got there late and it was already 15 minutes into the movie. Seen it in regular standard viewing and the sound was so meh.

I saw it three times. Twice in dolby,and once in imax. I preferred the dolby over imax. For my fourth viewing I may check it out in 3d.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
People still want Shuri to be the Black Panther?

I like Markeia but I swear she wants this franchise to be all about the women.

I'm talking about the new collider heroes episode btw

They need to let that one go, T'Challa will the BP for the foreseeable future. He's the franchise player. Even if Chadwick feels like he's done his time and leaves 4-5 movies later, they'll recast and keep T'Challa as ruler, imho.

On top of that, Shuri has her own Griot mantle now, she literally doesn't need to be a BP. All the MCU has to do is make adjustments to it in order to make it fit to MCU Shuri's experiences/persona/etc.

Last edited: