Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
In more box office news, Black Panther is on track to be the #1 superhero film domestic wise of all time.

The first Avengers movie has the top spot at $623 million.

In terms of solo films Black Panther now has the #1 spot domestically.

There is also a possibility that it makes more domestically than Justice League made worldwide.

Worldwide it will probably take 3rd all time of superhero films behind Avengers 1&2.

Edit: one more thing, 1st film since Force Awakens to be #1 for four straight weeks.

The thing is will Marvel/Disney leave Black Panther in theaters longer than they normally do now a days? As of late they only been letting a movie run for like 2-3 months, then they release the home video version of the film. I hope they let it stay out longer in theaters.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The thing is will Marvel/Disney leave Black Panther in theaters longer than they normally do now a days? As of late they only been letting a movie run for like 2-3 months, then they release the home video version of the film. I hope they let it stay out longer in theaters.

Thor got close to 4 months so we shall see.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

It will stay in at least up until April 27th.

The number of theaters have already decreased though.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Now that the film has made a billion, the narrative is changing :mjlol:

Now you got people going "Will the sequel be just as big?" "The real question is how well the sequel will do?"

You really can't make this stuff up.

The most annoying ones are the ones who wanna use it to prove Infinity War will make a billi. Every time the movie crosses a milestone it's,

"Black Panther made a billi so Infinity War surely has to make way more than that:mjpls:"

Like why are we trying to compare these movies right now instead of just celebrating BP's success?

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I finally saw this. I thought the characters were some of the strongest in any marvel movie. You cared about all of them and they were all likeable. I just thought the story was incredibly weak and the marvelism were of course everywhere. Pacing was spotty. The CGI especially near the end was unbearable. And I’m sorry but Michael B Jordan is a very weak actor.

Yeah. Nah. Nah. And Nah.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Yeah. Thor was still in theaters as of last week and it made like $10k so BP will be in theaters for a while.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I love the music that is played when Killmonger girl shows up so eerie

Anyone have the music

Took this girl to go see it on a date
My third time

I still gotta take my lil sister

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Just saw it this weekend finally, damn this movie looked like they dropped the house payment on it. Every scene looked like something out of Star Wars. There wasn't any shortcuts that's what impressed me most. My observations, I'm sure this has been run over 100 times already:
  • Damn, they went there :whew: I couldn't believe how they were no-shame about the colonialism and Western corruption themes. Very courageous to try making a movie like this.
  • I liked the mountain gorilla-inspired clan king better.
  • They snuck in some more girl-power shyt, but I'll let it pass
  • I don't see how people look at Killmonger as a hero. If he had his way, you KNOW vibranium technology would start getting sold off on the black market to the wrong people. You can't have that many weapons in that many hands without fukkery. Just look at what happens with world powers share regular infrantry rifles. Kilmonger might have meant good, but he would have thrown the world into a global war and it wouldn't be about black empowerment.
  • I thought Michael B. Jordan was the weak link. He delivered that final line really weak too. I would have liked to have seen someoen who could pull off being sinister better. Loved the origin story though and I didn't see it coming at all. And the way they tied it all into how the CIA works in the real world :wow: I bet there's some agency heads PISSED right now :mjlol:
  • I don't see how Wakanda can survive in a world where they're known to exist. Too many people, countries, and superheroes plotting on you to defend yourself against them all. I think the smart move was to stay moving in the shadows.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Last edited: