Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Bernardin is an idiot

Everyone loves him because they knew him before the movie. It's like he knows nothing about the character

This would make T'Challa a secondary character in his own film. M'Baku becomes King then Killmonger becomes his problem and the bulk of the film's conflict would be between those two. T'Challa would be the 3rd wheel at best. Not only that, but Killmonger becoming king would then rob BP of giving M'Baku his comeuppance from their earlier ceremonial fight. This all doesn't make sense from a storytelling perspective, and would make for an even worse film.

I'm confused by what Bernardin is trying to say. BP is not supposed to be relatable like Spidey is. He's not defined by struggle. He's essentially a power fantasy character like Batman and Cap are. You never hear these folks complain about Cap being too strong, too competent, too perfect.
He's cleaned it up a bit now.

*Although I guess M'Baku and him just fight for some random reason*

Says they should have opened the movie with T'Chaka funeral. Then at the very end have Killmonger and T'Challa fight to be king.

He said T'Challa arc is flat based on the movie.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Seen it last night, loved it!

1st day purchase on 4K UHD.

This should be the cover art:

black-panther-poster-2-main.jpg
Been had the 4k steelbook preordered

6198915_sa.jpg;maxHeight=200;maxWidth=300

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The only wack CGI for me was when they were landing on the track :yeshrug:
Just hate it wasn't great throughout.

People really trying to make Black Panther become Wonder Woman 2.0 (maybe not as good) :snoop:

Some poor CGI in the 3rd act and now this and WW are the same :why:

Not just with that tweet, but seems like it on Reddit and comicbook sites.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Here they go :stopitslime:
Half the people commenting hating as well

Benin Empire would be dope tho :wow:
DX9EnL1X0AAa-Fr.jpg

No reason to hate on BP tho.:hhh:

You know no Hollywood studio will fund this. Those who would and do it well like Tariq Nasheed is hated by mainstream cacs and shea butter negros and bedwenches who went out to see this movie. Black folks tend to forget about this system called white supremacy that dominates ALL of the resources and the oppressed peoples of the world. It's not just a make believe world we are living in.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Just saw it this weekend finally, damn this movie looked like they dropped the house payment on it. Every scene looked like something out of Star Wars. There wasn't any shortcuts that's what impressed me most. My observations, I'm sure this has been run over 100 times already:
  • Damn, they went there :whew: I couldn't believe how they were no-shame about the colonialism and Western corruption themes. Very courageous to try making a movie like this.
  • I liked the mountain gorilla-inspired clan king better.
  • They snuck in some more girl-power shyt, but I'll let it pass
  • I don't see how people look at Killmonger as a hero. If he had his way, you KNOW vibranium technology would start getting sold off on the black market to the wrong people. You can't have that many weapons in that many hands without fukkery. Just look at what happens with world powers share regular infrantry rifles. Kilmonger might have meant good, but he would have thrown the world into a global war and it wouldn't be about black empowerment.
  • I thought Michael B. Jordan was the weak link. He delivered that final line really weak too. I would have liked to have seen someoen who could pull off being sinister better. Loved the origin story though and I didn't see it coming at all. And the way they tied it all into how the CIA works in the real world :wow: I bet there's some agency heads PISSED right now :mjlol:
  • I don't see how Wakanda can survive in a world where they're known to exist. Too many people, countries, and superheroes plotting on you to defend yourself against them all. I think the smart move was to stay moving in the shadows.

Wakanda is MORE than prepared to go there if necessary. It’s one of the reasons that T’Challa joined the Avengers (in the comics) so he could spy on them. He has contingency plans to defeat every single hero and villain in the Marvel Canon up to Galactus.

If T’Challa really WANTED to pull a Kilmonger he could.

Remember, Wakanda is the most technologically advanced nation on (MC/MCU) earth. They aren’t to be trifled with

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
BLACK PANTHER
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $562,015,601 52.1%
+ Foreign: $516,600,000 47.9%
= Worldwide: $1,078,615,601

These numbers are great because unlike most Blockbuster nowadays, "Black Panther" has turned out both US and Overseas for a more balanced gross. Most Blockbusters are HEAVY Overseas and not so great domestic. So this film is stimulating all markets. It's only about 60 Million away from "The Last Jedi". "Avengers" is going down as well. So the goal is to top "Jurassic World" and "Titanic" to stop at #3 all time Domestic (Force Awakens and Avatar are out of reach). So yes, we are living History right now with this film. Nobody else will say it but I will. There no guarantee "Infinity war" will gross these numbers domestically. I expect heavy "Black Panther" Marketing for "I.W." because they know the truth. Black Grandmothers are going to the theater to watch this. They don't care about Superhero films. It tapping into different demos than most Superhero films do. This is a phenomenon because it's moving up the Inflation charts as well.

giphy.gif