c2daj

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Providence, RI
To be fair, there's this too

I saw the title of that article at the very top of BP google news (which i thought was very :mjpls: placement by google) and i rolled my eyes, bc it sounded like some hack journalist wanted the most click bait story in wake of BP being a financial hit in China and hitting 1 billion. So he consolidated the most racist responses to try and dampen the myth being shattered that a black cast couldn't sell overseas, esp in asian territories.

But that aside, without question African countries improving their infrastructure and being able to invest in movie theaters and distribution companies is and will always be the key.

BP broke records in west africa regions [nigeria, ghana, etc,] but they only have 32 theaters period throughout that region. If that were to even get to a 1,000 [US has like 4500+], it'd be a wrap.

This should be a major investment for black entrepreneurs, especially for black entertainers. Not only would you widen the base for box office success for black films, but you will also create thousands of jobs for locals in the region.
Then we wouldn't have to worry so much about how much our films make in Europe and Asia, because now we could win simply off of the support of the diaspora :wow:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
People still want Shuri to be the Black Panther?

I like Markeia but I swear she wants this franchise to be all about the women.

I'm talking about the new collider heroes episode btw
watching it now. im like damn she really in a hurry to get tchalla out of here already....

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:patrice:
DYHxp1TXUAEVSXm.jpg

People still want Shuri to be the Black Panther?

I like Markeia but I swear she wants this franchise to be all about the women.

I'm talking about the new collider heroes episode btw

watching it now. im like damn she really in a hurry to get tchalla out of here already....
I like Markeia...but if you really listen to her Screen Junkies Spoilers Review, Collider and a few other places as the "Black Panther expert"

She really seems to be making it up as she goes...

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
RedletterMedia really used Black Panther to shyt on in their Annihilation review :beli:

Complaining about Black Panther to Annihilation is like Star Wars vs. Alien. Both can be good. :why:

I know its they're schtick, but still.

Last edited:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I thought the same too bruh. They two different experiences. That dolby sound with the black panther music touched my soul. :wow:
Same here. My first time in a Dobly theater was on my 3rd viewing of BP. shyt made my 3rd viewing feel like I was watching BP for the 1st time again because the experience is completely different.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
If y'all messed up not seeing Black Panther at the Dolby Cinema, don't make that mistake for Infinity War, and DEFINITELY don't make it for Black Panther 2.

I just saw it in IMAX again today, to which so far has been my best audio experience (and visual, obviously), but I think I'll see it one last time in Dolby provided its still available to see by next Monday in that format.