klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes!! I hope they have a huge waterfall ride, a underground vibranium railroad that takes you to Shuri's lab, and tour through mystical garden of heart shape herbs where you can see ancestral skies and black panthers staring down at you. There's so much they could do with it.

The biggest issue is space since this would most likely be built at Disneyland. They had to make a miracle happen and close down a bunch of shyt to build Star Wars land. It would be tough to build something that large and detailed there, and it would take forever to complete. Now if Universal worked out a deal with them and let them expand Animal Kingdom to add a mini Wakanda....that would be :wow:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I mean, if you're going to say he went off the grid, then at least make it look like it. Since Zuri knew he has a son, it would make sense to me to at least keep tabs on the boy (since he has a war dog tattoo), since i can see the potential issue of bringing him to wakanda (but that shyt blew up in their face anyway) :hubie:

Also, he just left the dead body there with Panther claws in his chest (weird way to leave the scene). Also, I thought it was sloppy that he and Zuri didn't clean/check N'Jobu's apartment for any wakanda paraphernalia in his apartment. Especially since N'Jobu has the same (vibranium) ring from their father. That at least would create some intrigue to me.

ah hell naw:francis:
They didn't know when the boy was going to enter the room. What if he brings his friends in the house with him? What if someone else comes by the house?

Why would Zuri stick around for him to be a suspect? His son knew "Uncle James" was at the spot with his dad.

He had to make a decision.

Also the symbolism of "leaving our brothers behind" hit home with this movie.

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Was he supposed to say "it's all downhill from here"? :mjlol:

I seriously doubt "Captain Marvel" or "Black Widow" will do anywhere near this movie but I'm not sure what people expected him to say. He's team MCU, obviously he's going to hype anything they do.

Fred.

LOL, right. Pretty much how I felt about that. I thought he (@FaceClef) was talking about something else, as I had saw that video and didn't think anything of it. Chris Evans been hyping BP for a while before the film released and based off that and that comment, I don't think it was hardly a dismissive or backhanded compliment to the film. If anything, maybe a slight overestimation of MCU films with the "it'll have the same impact", which is doubtful since a. Black Panther's level of prestige has just never been done before on this scale and the response to it is just as unprecedented, to some extent, in part to that and b. considering Wonder Woman has already been done, MCU's first female superheroine films aren't going to be as impactful since it's now been done at least, plus WW always has been the quintessential female superhero image, whereas Black Widow & Captain Marvel....not so much.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That Ross/Klaw exchange about the mixtape was one of the best jokes in the movie.

Fred.

It threw me way off.

"He's making a joke about having a mixtape?"

"Ah, hell no, that fool really would have a damn mixtape."

Coming out of the theater I heard an old guy say, "If I were Afrikaans and I saw that movie I'd be feeling some sort of way."

I'm guessing they ain't getting another chance in the MU either. :lolbron:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Watched a youtube review bringing up the moral ambiguity of Killmonger and Okoye.

Both were willing to kill their "love" essentially for their country. Both were letting nothing get in their way.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
"WITNESS THE STRENGTH OF THE JABARI TRIBE...FIRST HAND!"

Still-of-MBaku-from-Black-Panther.jpg

My guy crushed every scene he was given. I pray he makes it out of IW alive so he can return in BP2.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Why not go practical like this :why:

:stopitslime::snoop:
To get all of this work done, Hollywood studios regularly enlist a large number of firms for a single film. Around a dozen worked on Black Panther, while Thor: Ragnarok had more than 20 companies churning out visual effects
In Black Panther, there are two shots that are particularly disappointing: one in which the superhero flips over a car as it crashes beneath him, and another sequence where two CG characters punch each other as they fall. (The latter sequence feels like a nod to the excellent midair fight in Spider-Man 2, except it looks significantly worse.) The insider's team (who didn't work on those shots) was worried about these scenes when they caught glimpses of them in the film's trailer. They had all the trademarks of bad CG modeling. Their team held out hope that the trailers were using early, unfinished renders, but unfortunately those problems remained in the final cut of the film. We've reached out to Disney for comment, and will report back if they respond.
While Black Panther will certainly be remembered for breaking new ground, it's also a fitting example of the issues facing the VFX industry today. A movie that gets so many things right, with the backing of the biggest movie studios in the world, can still fall victim to the crushing workflow of the visual effects industry. That's not just embarrassing for the people involved -- it's a shame shared by all of Hollywood.
'Black Panther' is amazing. Why are its CG models so terrible?

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They didn't know when the boy was going to enter the room. What if he brings his friends in the house with him? What if someone else comes by the house?

Why would Zuri stick around for him to be a suspect? His son knew "Uncle James" was at the spot with his dad.

He had to make a decision.

Also the symbolism of "leaving our brothers behind" hit home with this movie.

Not really, they knew he was outside playing ball and the talon bounced before he even noticed anything. Also, they had the Dora outside. T'Chaka orginally wanted to bring him in anyway, it wasn't a dap and bounce.

Considering how particular they are about vibranium and wakandan knowledge, it was still sloppy how they handled that. Killmonger pretty much probably had all the notes (and vibranium ring from his grandfather) he needed about wakanda based on that; Zuri was his confidant so it's not like it would take that long to find anything:yeshrug:.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He burned the flowers tho :ufdup:
Yeah and they still managed to steal one for T’challa so in the end it did nothing. They didn’t even let him go through with his plan to send vibranium out to the world. I just think it would have made him a stronger villain if he was on top for a bit longer.