Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Yeah and they still managed to steal one for T’challa so in the end it did nothing. They didn’t even let him go through with his plan to send vibranium out to the world. I just think it would have made him a stronger villain if he was on top for a bit longer.
As it stands now, there can never be another BP after T'Challa. He changed Wakanda forever, and he changed it for the worst.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

The powerful reason why LeBron James loved 'Black Panther'
LeBron James saw Black Panther on Monday and on Tuesday he explained to reporters why it was “one of the greatest movies I’ve ever seen.”

It wasn’t just about the cool action sequences — to James it was more about the lessons we can draw as a society from the movie and the importance of having role models of color.

“For me as a kid growing up, I never thought I would see a black superhero,” he said. “I loved superheroes growing up. I love Batman, I love Superman, I love Spiderman and Iron Man but I never thought I could be them because they were always white Americans. Or white.

“So I kind of looked up more to athletes and rappers and people in my neighborhood because they were one of color. So to see how powerful Black Panther is and how powerful his tribe was and his people around him, it gave me a sense of ‘Yes, not only can we be the President of the United States — Barack Obama — we can also be a superhero.’

“It’s so dope for me and it’s so dope for my kids to see that.”

I saw this and thought back to when he was playing with the black mask on, before the NBA told him he couldn't wear it anymore :pachaha:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Was he supposed to say "it's all downhill from here"? :mjlol:

I seriously doubt "Captain Marvel" or "Black Widow" will do anywhere near this movie but I'm not sure what people expected him to say. He's team MCU, obviously he's going to hype anything they do.

Fred.
How about just praising BP and let that be that:yeshrug:

Aww how sweet, But i'm still not going to support that bullshyt film:pachaha:

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How about just praising BP and let that be that:yeshrug:

Because he wasn't talking about "BP" specifically, he was talking about Marvel in general.

He starts the video off saying "there's nothing they (Marvel) can't do" and ends it by talking about how he doesn't really stress working on a Marvel movie because they have a winning formula. Sandwiched in between that is him praising the success of "BP".
Cats really took a 10 second comment about "Black Panther" and act like the entire 2 minute interview was about it.:mjlol:

Fred.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More respect for T'Challa when you think about it. He gave him a fair one.

His only issue was that he would "freeze" when he had the chance to kill him in that Waterfall fight.

I still think Zuri makes that scene.

Zuri having that regretful look at Killmonger knowing that he looked out for him years ago.
Then that realization by Killmonger who Zuri was :ohhh:

I'm taking you both Uncle James :damn:

I don't know how the fukk people say the waterfall fights were boring :dahell:

I prefer the M'Baku waterfall fight and monologue.

No suit.
No claws.
No powers.
Just a boy. Unfit to lead.

His intro with the Jabari tribe chanting just gave me chills. Winston Duke has such a presence. He had the gravitas and delivery I wish Killmonger had.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I prefer the M'Baku waterfall fight and monologue.

No suit.
No claws.
No powers.
Just a boy. Unfit to lead.

His intro with the Jabari tribe chanting just gave me chills. Winston Duke has such a presence. He had the gravitas and delivery I wish Killmonger had.

This was part of my favorite scene of the whole movie

When T'Challa's walking out the bugatti spaceship and everyone is singing his name like a church sermon :wow:

absolutely chilling

Then Jabari tribe crashing the party with M'Baku like :mjgrin: while T'Challa got that look like :demonic:

Then the fight itself :banderas:

Yo... that was incredible directing/acting/cinematography/stage presence/everything

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
One of my students just came into my office wearing a DC shirt asking if I saw Black Panther. I said "Of course. Did you?" He said "Yeah, but DC still rules." :mjlol: I told him this is bigger than DC, that BP is for the culture and he said "Nah, it's always about DC." Then he told me even wore his DC shirt to the BP screening and endured getting clowned by the audience.:snoop: :francis: Something's wrong with that boy. He shouldn't have told me that. I'm gonna be reading his papers differently now.