Izanami

Superstar
Daps

Yea I've been done with trailers for the past few years. I wish I could frequent this thread before I see the movie but it's pretty much spoiler galore. Pics, interviews, plots etc. just ruins my personal movie experience. I like going completely oblivious. Makes for a better viewing. :yeshrug:

I'm like on page eight hundred something. Def worth going back and viewing it all

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
If people knew all the issues between Marvel TV and Marvel Studios, they would not want a Wakanda series.

The way things are set up now, they are separate entities and the only thing they have in common are Coulson, Maria Hill, Fury and Sif.

A Wakanda spin off movie is a much better idea.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yea I've been done with trailers for the past few years. I wish I could frequent this thread before I see the movie but it's pretty much spoiler galore. Pics, interviews, plots etc. just ruins my personal movie experience. I like going completely oblivious. Makes for a better viewing. :yeshrug:

I said this shyt in the original Black Panther thread from last year. Trailers ruin too much. Saw the original trailer, made sure to see NOTHING after that. I didn't have a single spoiler hit me at all.

That's why I'm pissed at the Infinity War trailer that's already out, with that major spoiler involving Vision right there in the middle.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I like this article, with one exception. It credits Killmonger for completely changing T'Challa's mind, but it doesn't acknowledge that Nakia was already working on him. Both Nakia and Killmonger were two sides of the same coins. One was more extreme, but they both disagreed with T'Challa and Wakandans about their isolationist stance. Good piece though.

The Tragedy of Erik Killmonger

That piece dope. :leon:

“The sun will never set on the Wakandan empire,” Killmonger declares, echoing an old saying about the British Empire, to drive the point home as clearly as possible. He sees no future beyond his own reign; he burns the magic herbs Wakandan monarchs use to gain their powers because he does not even intend to have an heir.
Killmonger’s plan for “black liberation,” arming insurgencies all over the world, is an American policy that has backfired and led to unforeseen disasters perhaps every single time it has been deployed; it is somewhat bizarre to see people endorse a comic-book version of George W. Bush’s foreign policy and sign up for the Project for the New Wakandan Centuryas long as the words “black liberation” are used instead of “democracy promotion.” Killmonger’s assault begins in London, New York, and Hong Kong; China is not typically known as a particularly good example of white Western hegemony in need of overthrow.
“You want to see us become just like the people you hate so much,” T’Challa tells Killmonger during their climactic battle. “I learn from my enemies,” Killmonger retorts. “You have become them,” T’Challa responds.
The following distinction is crucial: Black Panther does not render a verdict that violence is an unacceptable tool of black liberation—to the contrary, that is precisely how Wakanda is liberated. It renders a verdict on imperialism as a tool of black liberation, to say that the master’s tools cannot dismantle the master’s house.

This is the shyt I been saying forever. What's the point of defeating the enemy if you just become the enemy? Do you WANT the minds and hearts and lives of Imperialists? Then why make yourself like them?

And assuming it all just gonna run fine was naive anyway. Besides the full military might of America and China and Britain and all their secret war tools in the Marvel Universe, ain't there like 20+ Avengers out there too? Tony Stark/Iron Man and the rest just gonna let Wakanda do what they want? Under Killmonger's plan the world is about to burn to the ground, and Wakanda was going to burn with it before it all said and done.

Look at how many people (especially the online militants) don't want to do real shyt to disrupt the system if it costs them their current lives. I ain't justifying that. But in the flick you have a GOOD nation where Black people living well, and some folk think they should all just give that up and start World War 3, losing their good lives and families in the process, to end up in a world where NO ONE is living well. That's what neoconservatism/neoliberalism creates, the endless war in order to win, at best, a violent hegemony where no one is safe.

Christopher Lebron's article pissed me off because in addition to the numerous factual errors, he just plain seemed to miss what the entire moral dilemma of the film was about. It wasn't a condemnation of the Black experience, it had nothing to do with Black street gangs, it was a condemnation of the tools of White Imperialism and he completely missed that. For a professor, that's disappointing.

doublex

Pro
Daps
Disney CEO Hints at 'Black Panther' Theme Park Addition

Black Panther is "an important moment in culture," Disney CEO Bob Iger told Wall Street analysts on Monday. He even suggested there could be a ride based on the movie some day.

Iger said at an investor conference that there's a one-hour line to meet the Black Panther walkaround character at Disneyland. "No ride?" he was asked.

"No. We haven't had a chance to build a ride," the exec said with a chuckle. "Though I'm sure there are people who are working on it."

Iger said Disney has 11 billion-dollar franchises, so many that "we're competing with ourselves," and Black Panther should make the 12th. "I pretty much guarantee that this coming Halloween and even Christmas, you know you'll be seeing a lot of Black Panther merchandise."

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

That article was awesome. I totally agree with everything she said. Thanks for sharing it.

Yes!! I hope they have a huge waterfall ride, a underground vibranium railroad that takes you to Shuri's lab, and tour through mystical garden of heart shape herbs where you can see ancestral skies and black panthers staring down at you. There's so much they could do with it.