Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Saw it twice and it is top 3 for Marvel movies for me. The pacing was great, Wakanda was beautiful, and the characters really got me into it. Outside of disliking the final fight between BP and Killmonger I just don't get why T'Chaka left his bros body. If youre going to go alll that way to murk someone why would you leave his body for his kid to find. I know he said that Erik was the truth he wanted to ignore but c'mon now. Movie was great though, and while it wasn't exactly an origin story it introduced Wakanda and a lot of characters and didn't have any moments (to me) where you're wondering how much longer it is gonna last

He probably didn't expect Erik to connect the dots and ddedicate his whole life to vengeance.

Maybe he wasn't aware his brother gave his son so much game about Wakanda.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
The only thing that makes me a little sad about how well M'Baku was received is I have a feeling they're gonna kill him in civil war due to lacking the foresight that he would be so dope.

Which makes me sad AF, because he would have been one of the most beloved returns for BP2.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Movie was good, the the levity of the plot line made it a better movie than the typical marvel movies, which I don't really care for outside of avengers. MBJ's acting was a weak spot amongst his cast mates tho, breh just was flat in the delivery of his lines. :francis: that body was on point tho :whoo:

Edit: y'all who know this comic, is BP sharing tech with the world the epic backfire I'm expecting it to be?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It seems like a lot of people are going into it to "debunk" the hype. Like I'm seeing a lot of "it was good but overrated", "solid film if overhyped", "not as good as reviews lead to believe" reactions across forums and social media. Just about everyone mentions the hype or praise when giving their opinion.

I can also see the "Can we finally admit that Black Panther wasn't that good?" hot takes coming in a few months time. However, in all fairness, that usually happens with most big tentpole films

I'm just saying thats its not even getting that phase right now.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The only thing that makes me a little sad about how well M'Baku was received is I have a feeling they're gonna kill him in civil war due to lacking the foresight that he would be so dope.

Which makes me sad AF, because he would have been one of the most beloved returns for BP2.

I don't think he'll die in IW.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
There's a double reason for this. The 1st was explained by Agent Ross of him knowing how the CIA operates (which they have done in history). Killmonger first wanted to destroy all the herb due to the threat that someone could steal a piece of the herb for themselves and start a coup. To which is exactly the reason why Nakia stole a piece before he was able to have it all burned. The 2nd reason is more implied. He didn't want any one of superior powers once he is gone, so everyone after this would truly be equal. You did not need the transferring of the herb to reign supreme, especially when it is also tradition to remove yourself from that power when you are challenged for the throne. But the main immediate reason is to prevent a coup from happening.

I read that totally different. I thought Killmonger was reeling from that heartbreaking conversation with his father, where they're lost in an American ghetto, unable to find the rest of their ancestors in the afterlife, and he was so hurt in the heart from that that he had the herb destroyed so neither himself nor any of his descendants would ever have to face that pain. I thought it was a moment of weakness that showed the effect that the loss of his father had had on him, rather than some Machiavellian plot.

Daps
:dwillhuh: So I guess I’ve never seen Captain America Civil War, watching it now on Netflix, I don’t know how I’ve never watched this, maybe I did but don’t remember anything. So at the UN meeting bomb where T’Chaka dies, that’s the same meeting he was speaking at, at the end of Black Panther right?

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
DW0YzS4VAAAnsis.jpg

King T'Chaka