ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
I liked the scene at the beginning of the movie when the Dora lead the procession of boats towards the Waterfalls, slam their staffs on the deck of the vessel and yell "FORWARD!".
I felt, in that moment, the culture us in the diaspora have been robbed of.
:mjcry:
Bro you know what is crazy is when they were dancing on the boat or dancing during the first challenge I felt the rhythm deep into my veins bruh. Chills down my spine. I don't know bro its like they say melanin is power it gives us rhythm. We are all black but when it comes to music especially African music we feel a special connection. :mjcry::mjcry: I love my people.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
@Ziggiy @AkaDemiK Yall brehs wouldn't know what to do with her :mjgrin:
tumblr_p4mufh2aUr1scqx94o2_250.gif

:whew:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Black Panther 2: Wakanda vs Atlantis
Namor vs T'Challa
www.cbr_.comBlack-Panther-Namor-Sub-M-5c17bce85b6a5c9500ad5753b609a6e049d2483c-1.jpg

:mjgrin:

Way to soon for this as it would need build up or else it would come off as sloppy. Or just not do it at all just like they shouldn't do Doomwar if they get the rights for him.

Black Panther 2 should introduce Achebe and focus more on the inner workings of the other tribes and the city since there was a heavy lack of it in the first movie.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It was a fair fight. T'Challa fought him with the suit/herb and without.

Erik was shown to be a better fighter (plus T'Challa was holding back and didn't have the same desire to kill him) without powers in the first battle. Which makes sense as he's a hardened war veteran. But T'Challa was a better fighter with the suit/herb because he's used to having powers and knows the limits of his body with heightened abilities whereas Killmonger was still new to having them. Also, it's not fair to expect T'Challa to be a great fighter without his powers. Going from being able to run/move at lightning speed and being super strong to having normal reflexes/strength/speed again probably feels like moving in mud.

T'Challa had two chances to kill Killmonger in that waterfall. T'Challa opted not too. Just like he didn't kill M'Baku.

His flaw throughout the movie is that he would "freeze" and that got him in the first battle.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

T'Challa had two chances to kill Killmonger in that waterfall. T'Challa opted not too. Just like he didn't kill M'Baku.

His flaw throughout the movie is that he would "freeze" and that got him in the first battle.

He gotta chill with that. He got himself fukked up out there.

When Killmonger got the upper hand he went straight to slashing his main arteries :picard:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Directors cut is the wrong term for this one. It’s the assembly cut of the movie which is sans editing, or without finding the right shots and angles, etc. it’s basically a workprint cut the director had before he figures everything out.

Collider explained it all for anyone interested:

https://www.google.com/amp/collider.com/assembly-cut-explained/amp/

Spielberg is one of the only directors if the only director who doesn’t have assembly cuts because he edits the movies in his head while shooting so he gets exactly what he needs right then and there

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
watched again and I'm with Killmonger more than ever. I was there thinking in genera I'm from jamaica a country where 98% of the population are descended from victims of the Atlantic slave trade, while these nikkaz were in africa free

Killmonger today
killmonger tomorrow
Killmonger forever
:killmonger:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
watched again and I'm with Killmonger more than ever. I was there thinking in genera I'm from jamaica a country where 98% of the population are descended from victims of the Atlantic slave trade, while these nikkaz were in africa free

Killmonger today
killmonger tomorrow
Killmonger forever
:killmonger:

Such a surprise.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Directors cut is the wrong term for this one. It’s the assembly cut of the movie which is sans editing, or without finding the right shots and angles, etc. it’s basically a workprint cut the director had before he figures everything out.

Collider explained it all for anyone interested:

https://www.google.com/amp/collider.com/assembly-cut-explained/amp/

Spielberg is one of the only directors if the only director who doesn’t have assembly cuts because he edits the movies in his head while shooting so he gets exactly what he needs right then and there
I think most people understood that..

The point remains that this probably should have been a longer movie regardless. There seems to be some story threads cut out because of fear of a longer run time in theaters (understandable)