Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I never understood this reasoning. If emulating craziness and following the actions of maniacs and murderers doesn't make you crazy, then what does it make you?

Sane?

Of course Killmonger was crazy.

I don't understand how people are missing the obvious. How can you defend or trust the actions of somebody who is willing to murder his own allies to achieve his goals?

You'd follow a leader who would put a bullet in your back if he felt it would further his cause?

That's the whole allegory of his character that I took away from the film. You can't lead yourself or others to freedom if you're an oppressor yourself.
The CIA and US military have been many things since WWII. Insane/Crazy isn’t one of them.

Killmonger wanted revenge for slavery, Jim Crow, colonization, etc.

I’m good with that

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
giphy.gif

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
"I want the sun to never set on the Wakandan empire" is what the British did.

He walked into Wakanda and decided to burn down their traditional herb and rituals.

He was trained by the CIA to do stuff just like that.

Killmonger was an imperialist. If you can't see that, then you are probably an imperialist too.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yeah but AAs don’t control the money and resources in America so it doesn’t really matter :yeshrug:
No one does, but the money and resources are here, just a question of using your political Influence to have those resources used on the right causes.
Organizations are the most powerful voices of influence in this nation. Thats why the NRA can affect politics. Its a Single issue pro Gun organization with no specific opposing group. Only 5 million members. Only raised 30 million to get trump into office. We just beat that in 7 times over in 3 days with our support of black panther. We just need to support the organizations in our best interests the way we did black panther. Not huge hurdle compared to what other africans face. But if you're still skeptical of what black people are capable of than maybe you just like things the way are and won't admit it.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"I want the sun to never set on the Wakandan empire" is what the British did.

He walked into Wakanda and decided to burn down their traditional herb and rituals.

He was trained by the CIA to do stuff just like that.

Killmonger was an imperialist. If you can't see that, then you are probably an imperialist too.

No. A nation like the Great Britain as it was once called, ruled due to greed and power over indigenous lands. Killmonger want those people of those lands to reclaim them with the proper tech and weapons that Wakanda provides. That is NOT imperialism. He isn't out for self-glory. He doesn't even care about Wakanda. His whole objective is for all black people across the globe to be on top as they originally were before the white man crawled out those caves.

Everything else you mention is irrelevant because he stated he had to learn how those devils THINK and operate. You beat them by their own game. That's how he was able to beat T'Challa by their own rituals.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think so but he's more brolic than he was around Creed time so if anything I think it's a mixture of Diet, Steroids, being young (could be wrong but I believe men go through a second puberty around 24-27 to develop "grown man" strength), access to better trainers, more money, and the motivation to become a superstar

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
No. A nation like the Great Britain as it was once called, ruled due to greed and power over indigenous lands.
Breh, that is LITERALLY what Killmonger said, did and wants.

He burned down the herbs because he wanted no one else to have that power.

If he wanted the other nations to have power over their lands, he would have liberated them and let them rule their own lands instead of saying he wanted the sun to never set on the Wakandan empire.

That is absolutely imperialism.

The fact that he doesn't care about Wankanda is why he is a colonizer. He doesn't care about Wakanda at all yet he is ruling it.

You brehs really want to imperialism and colonization. That mindset is what has destroyed all the colonized nations.

"You beat them at their own game" LMAO. That is exactly the point.