Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was nothing T'Chaka could have done after killing N'Jobu that wouldn't have resulted in Killmonger imo. If he were to take child Erik to Wakanda he would have eventually learned of his father's death and possibly led a successful rebellion as he would have been fully immersed in Wakanda and had people ready to ride for his cause. Leave him behind and he creates current Kilmonger.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

I’m tired of y’all p*ssy ass Trillmonger sympathisers slandering the GAWD nation Wakanda.

We ain’t your parents, pick your own damn nuts.

Imagine me giving up the rich untainted sanctuary to expose it to the western world :scust:

Hell nawwwwww. In Kal-El’s voice... you nikkas had your chance :ufdup:

Wakanda Forever :mjpls:

Tell a half breed to pull up and catch another spear to the chest :wow:

You nikkas was too comfy with the colonisers to enjoy these pure blood privileges

Eti ri konkon

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Destroying the flowers was an act of a crazy man. Woulda thrown Wakanda's future in the toilet. Even if his plan came to fruition, and he went on to rule the Wakandan empire for decades, when he died, no Black Panther could replace him, creating a power vacuum which would pose a real threat to his empire. And even if you don't want to accept that as crazy, his motivation being that of an "angry black man" ain't much better.

Killmonger's desire to liberate black folk worldwide was a very logical desire and his means were also logically reasonable, though they clashed with Wakandan principles and society at large (so I get that he couldn't be successful). I just felt it was all conveniently dismissed as the desires of a man who was bugging out. :manny:
:mjlol:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I love this debate the movie has stirred up amongst black folks. This is a good thing.
What some of yall don't realize is that AA's are the Wakandan's in real life. We are part of the most powerful nation on earth and if we came together we'd have to power to uplift our African Brothers and Sister across the ocean. Imagine if we, instead of investing in white industries over here put that money towards something greater. I'm not even talking about black businesses, I'm talking Black Nations, creating black world powers. What if we got to a point were Black american were immigrating to Africa to pursue better opportunities? Or even better if African Corporation started exporting goods to America and dominating industries like China does. Imagine every car on the road being made in Africa.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I love this debate the movie has stirred up amongst black folks. This is a good thing.
What some of yall don't realize is that AA's are the Wakandan's in real life. We are part of the most powerful nation on earth and if we came together we'd have to power to uplift our African Brothers and Sister across the ocean. Imagine if we, instead of investing in white industries over here put that money towards something greater. I'm not even talking about black businesses, I'm talking Black Nations, creating black world powers. What if we got to a point were Black american were immigrating to Africa to pursue better opportunities? Or even better if African Corporation started exporting goods to America and dominating industries like China does. Imagine every car on the road being made in Africa.
Yeah I’m sorry bruh but AAs are not like Wakandans at all.

AAs are like if Wakandans had a group of second class citizens that they discriminated against and constantly fukked with

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yeah I’m sorry bruh but AAs are not like Wakandans at all.

AAs are like if Wakandans had a group of second class citizens that they discriminated against and constantly fukked with
I understand how you feel, that's politics though. The fact remains America is the most powerful 1st world nation on earth and it has a sizable black population.
Until an African Nation rises to this level or higher, I feel like we have the best opportunity to influence real change.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I understand how you feel, that's politics though. The fact remains America is the most powerful 1st world nation on earth and it has a sizable black population.
Until an African Nation rises to this level or higher, I feel like we have the best opportunity to influence real change.
Yeah but AAs don’t control the money and resources in America so it doesn’t really matter :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Oh yeah brehs...
More to add to my review, can't believe I forgot to say something about this part

When T'challa was letting his father and the past kings know how wrong they were

Even that was done beautifully. It was an emotional moment that made you feel it in your bones and I loved the fact that even with what he was saying, he never disrespected his father if you get what I'm saying

He told them what was on his mind because he was so hurt because he thought it was one way but it was the other way

The only issue I have with that scene is philosophical cause correct me if I'm wrong bUT every account I've heard about BP is that he has always been willing to do ANYTHING to keep Wakanda safe in the comics and he will go into the morally gray area as necessary

In this movie, it seems they made him "too righteous"?

And it seems like this version of him doesn't have the "Wakanda by any means necessary" outlook

I think I know why tho. Honestly if white folks saw an unapologetic character like that on screen, they wouldn't support it. And at the end of the day, Marvel and Coogler are trying to make money

Which is why I say I NEED to know the conversations that took place behind the scenes cause you know these types of things were discussed.

How they couldn't go TOO far because the racist perceptions of white America wouldn't let it be a success

So I have no problem with that. The fact they pushed the envelope THIS far is incredible

But imagine an unapologetically Wakandan MCU T'challa :wow:

There are a few instances where

T’Challa has STRONG moral conflicts in choosing Wakanda over an and everything. He chose Wakanda in Avengers VS. X-Men and because of the devestation that Atlantis brought upon Wakanda he annuled his marriage to Storm. He later has to make the choice of destroying an ENTIRE world in order to ensure the survival of Wakanda and decides not to do so, despite the fact that the spirit of his father and all previous past Panthers disowns him for it.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

No

Daps
If you took away from this that Killmonger was crazy then:aicmon:

The cac cia guy even said he was doing what the CiA’s been doing for 100 years. But he’s crazy :shaq2:

I never understood this reasoning. If emulating craziness and following the actions of maniacs and murderers doesn't make you crazy, then what does it make you?

Sane?

Of course Killmonger was crazy.

I don't understand how people are missing the obvious. How can you defend or trust the actions of somebody who is willing to murder his own allies to achieve his goals?

You'd follow a leader who would put a bullet in your back if he felt it would further his cause?

That's the whole allegory of his character that I took away from the film. You can't lead yourself or others to freedom if you're an oppressor yourself.