R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Killmonger deserves the same. Instead, he's killed in the first flick. :manny:

I'm not obtuse, so I get that he wouldn't get the same, which is why I said it was evident that this was a white man's property.
But Magneto is different...it takes a alot of bullshyt for the X men to be competitive in fights with him..movie wise, animated wise, or in the comics. Panther could outsmart Killmonger anyday of the day...he only got as far as he did because of the surprise element. Magneto has told the UN "Do as I say or I'll shut the world off." Levels.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Killmonger deserves the same. Instead, he's killed in the first flick. :manny:

I'm not obtuse, so I get that he wouldn't get the same, which is why I said it was evident that this was a white man's property.
I see your point. I’m not agreeing with you but I do feel where you’re coming from and get why you feel that way

Daps
Read the words directly before I said he was crazy. His cause was just. He just didn’t know how to execute it without killing his own people, destroying their traditions and limiting their future progression. And to be honest he didn’t really care what happened to Wakanda, that’s what made him crazy.

Yes I get all that, my gripe is that they made him crazy. As if only a crazy person would come to his conclusion and fight his cause.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
But Magneto is different...it takes a alot of bullshyt for the X men to be competitive in fights with him..movie wise, animated wise, or in the comics. Panther could outsmart Killmonger anyday of the day...he only got as far as he did because of the surprise element. Magneto has told the UN "Do as I say or I'll shut the world off." Levels.

Are you referring to the comics? Because in the comics it is canonically been shown that Kilmonger is the ONLY BP adversary who provides both an intellectual and physical threat to T’Cgalla. The scene where Kilmonger throws T’Challa over the waterfall is actually lifted straight from canon.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yes I get all that, my gripe is that they made him crazy. As if only a crazy person would come to his conclusion and fight his cause.
He's not labeled as crazy. But angry and misguided..which is why T'Challa was so angry at his father's decision making.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Are you referring to the comics? Because in the comics it is canonically been shown that Kilmonger is the ONLY BP adversary who provides both an intellectual and physical threat to T’Cgalla. The scene where Kilmonger throws T’Challa over the waterfall is actually lifted straight from canon.
I've never heard of Black Panther being consistently owned by Killmonger in the 2000s.

I know of the waterfall comic but what year was That? Panther has been dealing with cosmic threats and fighting Doom over the last 10 years. They did that run where he was in the Daredevil outfit where he was stripped of using his money/resources to make quick work of Daredevil's enemies in NY but that was about it

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This Chinese dude at my job asked me if BP was better than Blade.

:gucci:

I looked at dude like "what in the world does Blade have to do with BP? Why didn't you ask for any of the previous 17 MCU movies?" Dude just kind of laughed when I said that. I can't stand talking about this movie with certain folks.

Daps
He's not labeled as crazy. But angry and misguided..which is why T'Challa was so angry at his father's decision making.
Destroying the flowers was an act of a crazy man. Woulda thrown Wakanda's future in the toilet. Even if his plan came to fruition, and he went on to rule the Wakandan empire for decades, when he died, no Black Panther could replace him, creating a power vacuum which would pose a real threat to his empire. And even if you don't want to accept that as crazy, his motivation being that of an "angry black man" ain't much better.

Killmonger's desire to liberate black folk worldwide was a very logical desire and his means were also logically reasonable, though they clashed with Wakandan principles and society at large (so I get that he couldn't be successful). I just felt it was all conveniently dismissed as the desires of a man who was bugging out. :manny:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Destroying the flowers was an act of a crazy man. Woulda thrown Wakanda's future in the toilet. Even if his plan came to fruition, and he went on to rule the Wakandan empire for decades, when he died, no Black Panther could replace him, creating a power vacuum which would pose a real threat to his empire. And even if you don't want to accept that as crazy, his motivation being that of an "angry black man" ain't much better.

Killmonger's desire to liberate black folk worldwide was a very logical desire and his means were also logically reasonable, though they clashed with Wakandan principles and society at large (so I get that he couldn't be successful). I just felt it was all conveniently dismissed as the desires of a man who was bugging out. :manny:
Not crazy. It was selfish..greedy. Very deliberate..not crazy at all.

Daps
Oh yeah brehs...
More to add to my review, can't believe I forgot to say something about this part

When T'challa was letting his father and the past kings know how wrong they were

Even that was done beautifully. It was an emotional moment that made you feel it in your bones and I loved the fact that even with what he was saying, he never disrespected his father if you get what I'm saying

He told them what was on his mind because he was so hurt because he thought it was one way but it was the other way

The only issue I have with that scene is philosophical cause correct me if I'm wrong bUT every account I've heard about BP is that he has always been willing to do ANYTHING to keep Wakanda safe in the comics and he will go into the morally gray area as necessary

In this movie, it seems they made him "too righteous"?

And it seems like this version of him doesn't have the "Wakanda by any means necessary" outlook

I think I know why tho. Honestly if white folks saw an unapologetic character like that on screen, they wouldn't support it. And at the end of the day, Marvel and Coogler are trying to make money

Which is why I say I NEED to know the conversations that took place behind the scenes cause you know these types of things were discussed.

How they couldn't go TOO far because the racist perceptions of white America wouldn't let it be a success

So I have no problem with that. The fact they pushed the envelope THIS far is incredible

But imagine an unapologetically Wakandan MCU T'challa :wow: