Reppin
NULL
kME1uR2.png
0.57-1.23
giphy.gif

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
He murdered her as a means of showing that everyone was disposable to his goal. He killed her and the white dude. He didn't put W'kabi and them ahead of them because they were women, it was simply that the men agreed with him. If anything it was used to show the wisdom of women and the ego of men and our tendency for war. The women wanted restraint and W'kabi was about that action and ready to go conquer just like Killmonger. It reinforced why they are closest to the King and so heavily valued. In fact, the middleground that the king took ended up being inspired by women as yet another contrast. And who did he leave in charge of those kids? His sister, a woman. The reasonable radical nature of Lupita was juxtaposed against his. Her way won. He was made to show how our anger as black men due to neglect and the shyt society throws at us can make us cold and single-minded. Even his noble goal was guided by the carnage he was raised in and the mindset of the conqueror. T'Challa and co. told him that he was becoming those he despised and accordingly, he acted just like them. Haven't most black power movements been plagued by male ego and often misogyny and haven't black women supported them anyway because they understand the greater goal and relate to those brothers?

Saying you don't fukk with him is basically saying you don't fukk with a substantial portion of the people who preached black liberation theology and that's your prerogative, but you're literally upset at Killmonger for being a realistic character and being too strong a reflection of truth. He wouldn't be as strong if he wasn't that accurate. His missteps would not have such relevance and power and impact. People loved him because, well, like Hov said: "He was just some thug that caught some slugs, but we loved him because in him we saw some of us." The R. Kelly thing is a stretch man. The whole reason people love him is because they identify with his rage, and can see how he got to where he was. It would be different if T'Challa acted like that, but people empathize with more extreme things than you give them credit for. The fact that you walked out of the theater surprised is more a reflection of your politics than the reaction to him being abnormal. Most people of both genders love the character. He was supposed to be wrong. When haven't people loved a charismatic villain?
It’s just a bunch of scary ass ninjas that don’t like Killmonger

There were black folks spying on the civil rights movement

Black folks that hated Malcolm, the Black Panthers, etc

It is what it is. They really believe in the bullshyt that non-violence alone got the civil rights act and voting rights act. It wasn’t.

It’s the same mentality that will have a certain amount of us hating on Killmonger

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
He murdered her as a means of showing that everyone was disposable to his goal. He killed her and the white dude. He didn't put W'kabi and them ahead of them because they were women, it was simply that the men agreed with him. If anything it was used to show the wisdom of women and the ego of men and our tendency for war. The women wanted restraint and W'kabi was about that action and ready to go conquer just like Killmonger. It reinforced why they are closest to the King and so heavily valued. In fact, the middleground that the king took ended up being inspired by women as yet another contrast. And who did he leave in charge of those kids? His sister, a woman. The reasonable radical nature of Lupita was juxtaposed against his. Her way won. He was made to show how our anger as black men due to neglect and the shyt society throws at us can make us cold and single-minded. Even his noble goal was guided by the carnage he was raised in and the mindset of the conqueror. T'Challa and co. told him that he was becoming those he despised and accordingly, he acted just like them. Haven't most black power movements been plagued by male ego and often misogyny and haven't black women supported them anyway because they understand the greater goal and relate to those brothers?

Saying you don't fukk with him is basically saying you don't fukk with a substantial portion of the people who preached black liberation theology and that's your prerogative, but you're literally upset at Killmonger for being a realistic character and being too strong a reflection of truth. He wouldn't be as strong if he wasn't that accurate. His missteps would not have such relevance and power and impact. People loved him because, well, like Hov said: "He was just some thug that caught some slugs, but we loved him because in him we saw some of us." The R. Kelly thing is a stretch man. The whole reason people love him is because they identify with his rage, and can see how he got to where he was. It would be different if T'Challa acted like that, but people empathize with more extreme things than you give them credit for. The fact that you walked out of the theater surprised is more a reflection of your politics than the reaction to him being abnormal. Most people of both genders love the character. He was supposed to be wrong. When haven't people loved a charismatic villain?

It is what it is. They really believe in the bullshyt that non-violence alone got the civil rights act and voting rights act. It wasn’t.

It’s the same mentality that will have a certain amount of us hating on Killmonger

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Yeah this shyt won't be re-released unless it's just out of reach of a billion. And it'll be toward the fall/winter when there are theaters to occupy

And the more I think about it, can't get with anything about Killmonger. The way he treated the women in this flick. Complete disregard for all of those black women. shyt the first thing he did when he got Panther Power was choke a woman on the spot. Crazy how many people rolled out the theater bigging him up while ignoring that shyt
:mjlol: What kinda Blavity Black bullshyt take is this

He threw a ninja off a mountain. “But look how he treated black women!”:damn:

:camby:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:mjlol: What kinda Blavity Black bullshyt take is this

He threw a ninja off a mountain. “But look how he treated black women!”:damn:

:camby:

He threw my man off in ritual combat and got his ass whooped for it afterward. Like I said there’s a way to approve of his intentions without approving of the methods. I don’t know why that’s so hard to grasp on this site man lol.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
When the army opposing you is female who are you supposed to attack? I agree about the gardener but the Dora Milaje are fair game. T'Challa helped more cacs with their technology than he did African Americans:sas2:
Blavity Blacks: “He should have just walked away of course. The movie shows once again how straight black men are the white men of the black community”

:mjlol:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
He threw my man off in ritual combat and got his ass whooped for it afterward. Like I said there’s a way to approve of his intentions without approving of the methods. I don’t know why that’s so hard to grasp on this site man lol.
And he killed female soldiers in a battle :what:

Daps
It’s also the magneto professor x thing. Magneto’s views are never shown to be completely wrong. His methods are questioned but it’s never ever been shown to be wrong. He has his philosophy and his way of going about it. T’Challa has his. Like you said he was presented very sympathetically and made salient points.

But it’s the coli, you expect shyt like that

It's funny you say "this is the coli" but then you posted this...
And the more I think about it, can't get with anything about Killmonger. The way he treated the women in this flick. Complete disregard for all of those black women. shyt the first thing he did when he got Panther Power was choke a woman on the spot. Crazy how many people rolled out the theater bigging him up while ignoring that shyt

...which was exactly my point. They demonized Erik so that the audience really couldn't side with him, and his points went by the wayside.

The opening of Wakanda looked way more like Nakia's vision than Killmonger's.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
And he killed female soldiers in a battle :what:

I’m talking the shooting one through the head to get to a white man, choking another one out, and essentially using W’Kabi and his people to be his soldiers as opposed to the Dora. T’Challa surrounded himself with women and took their council. Eric went the opposite route and didn’t show the same reverence that Wakanda overall showed to its women.

And a friend of mine said that he didn’t have to slice the other ones neck but I’m on the fence as to whether they were trying to simply just pull the necklace off dude to apprehend him or whether they wanted him dead. I’m leaning more to your side on that one so I wouldn’t argue that point.

Daps
The character is essentially a bad guy and flawed due to his past hence his mindset. Despite that he is still sympathetic and not everyone in Wakanda disagreed with his way of thinking. Wkabi shares the same views as Eric in regards to conquering. T’Challa was never going to take the stance of sharing with a select few it was a case of all or nothing. That choice is simply based on who he is and the heroic nature within him. Coogler and co made Killmonger fairly interesting considering he doesn’t have the backstory in the comics they essentially made the character better but fundamentally and above all else he is still a villain hence his villain like action.

And see that makes perfect sense and falls in line with my initial observation: it was painfully evident that this is a white man's property.

Kudos to Coogler for adding more to his character. The comparisons to Magneto are apt except the glaring contrast in the lack of depth given to Killmonger. Stuck out like a sore thumb to me.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's funny you say "this is the coli" but then you posted this...

...which was exactly my point. They demonized Erik so that the audience really couldn't side with him, and his points went by the wayside.

The opening of Wakanda looked way more like Nakia's vision than Killmonger's.

So you’re saying that because of they went with Nakia’s vision (one I agree with) and his depiction overall, that we can’t have a discussion of his ideals tho? See I don’t buy that. I feel like you can discuss both. You can say “I feel him” but then also not like the way he went about shyt. I don’t think they painted him in a way where that discussion can’t be had, which was your initial point if I’m not mistaken.

Or do you feel like that argument couldn’t be had now?

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

For me it was everything after taking the throne that was the problem. I agreed with his cause and his motivations 1000% but beyond that he was crazy as fukk. He didn’t really have a plan and would have ended up getting Wakanda destroyed, or invaded at some point. He did open the eyes of T’Challa which will probably have a positive impact on Wakanda and the rest of the world assuming Thanos doesn’t fukk everything up. But bottom line, he had to go.

They would have ended up with no Dora Milaje, no Jabari, no Shuri, no future BPs, and a global war. They would have been in a bad spot.