MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If they follow the mythos enough, they probably will go down that road tho in the future.

Yeah which makes sense. I feel where you both are coming from but reading the actual article, she's not calling for the throne to be given to a woman right now lol. She's just looking at the movie, reading what it's saying, and saying the movie is hinting at that for the future, which is exactly what you're saying. I got nothing wrong with a black woman wanting another black woman to be in charge and be an example to her daughters or little cousins etc

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Killmonger isn’t dead, and the spoilers hinted at the possibility and it makes sense. When someone dies in marvel movies they show an overhead shot of the dead person. Example: Logan & Professor X. The body had an overhead shot and the camera panned out. I guess symbolism for the soul leaving the body. This did not happen with Erik. My bad guy bae is alive!!
tumblr_p3dli2ggmQ1tqk2tko1_r1_500.gif

He Gone

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Barely a minute in and I can tell that she's ignorant as fukk about the movie and source material.

fam. beginning of her review she complains about wakanda not being a democracy, and that a fictional utopia never had a civil war. chick said "that's unrealistic and fair-tail-esque" :laff:

she equated Wakanda's isolationism to Trump policies and voters with no consideration to context and nuance.

then complaints about not knowing enough about the characters in the movie and that supposedly the movie should have hammered that Shuri is one of the smartest people ever, then further down the review she says the movie is very heavy handed :hula:

"this movie is very historically inaccurate" is a sentence that she actually said :laff::laff::laff:

this is the thing tho my nikkas. yall gotta realize that a substantial number of cacs and nerds aren't happy that this movie reviewed well and that its setting the box office on fire so there will be a demand for videos/reviews trashing it regardless of how ridiculous and inconsistent the criticisms are. It will be a place for those fringe opinion to gather and seek validation. If the reviewer/video creator is black, even better because they can use that as corroboration on some "look, they are black and they are saying it, i'm not racist". on the other hand, said black content creator can come up on their eyes on some "one of the good ones", notice how she derides hip-hop and calls the movie an attempt at a rap video?

get that bytch the fukk outta here :camby:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
fam. beginning of her review she complains about wakanda not being a democracy, and that a fictional utopia never had a civil war. chick said "that's unrealistic and fair-tail-esque" :laff:

she equated Wakanda's isolationism to Trump policies and voters with no consideration to context and nuance.

then complaints about not knowing enough about the characters in the movie and that supposedly the movie should have hammered that Shuri is one of the smartest people ever, then further down the review she says the movie is very heavy handed :hula:

"this movie is very historically inaccurate" is a sentence that she actually said :laff::laff::laff:

this is the thing tho my nikkas. yall gotta realize that a substantial number of cacs and nerds aren't happy that this movie reviewed well and that its setting the box office on fire so there will be a demand for videos/reviews trashing it regardless of how ridiculous and inconsistent the criticisms are. It will be a place for those fringe opinion to gather and seek validation. If the reviewer/video creator is black, even better because they can use that as corroboration on some "look, they are black and they are saying it, i'm not racist". on the other hand, said black content creator can come up on their eyes on some "one of the good ones", notice how she derides hip-hop and calls the movie an attempt at a rap video?

get that bytch the fukk outta here :camby:

Wow...she actually said that bullshyt?! Like I said, I couldn't even make it past 2 minutes in cuz I knew she was on some ignorant bullshyt, but for her to say that, after allegedly seeing the movie even? There was like all of two songs period in the movie that outright had rap lyrics playing and one was during the fukking credits. She gotta be a plant or some shyt. I could see folks criticisms about hip-hop being too predominant in the movie if it was based off only the earlier trailers, as plenty had that concern, which was moderately understandable...but to say that after claiming they seen the movie....bullshyt like a muhfukka.

tenor.gif

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At first I put this second to The Winter Soldier, but on second thought I might put it first. It just brought so much new to the table that I'm willing to overlook its few shortcomings. Winter Soldier had some better practical choreography and a few interesting ideas, but the rest of that movie was standard fare.

This actually reminds me of "The Dark Knight", where some aspects (in that case, the Joker) were so good that tons of people were willing to completely overlook that Nolan's fight cinematography wasn't good at all. So I'm willing to overlook the Marvely CGI rhinos and train fight sequence because the characters, the ideas, the costuming, the villains, the cinematography, they were all great.