MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yep. THat's the thing tho, while the fighting sequences weren't Marvel's best, they hardly were lackluster or their worst either. Most of it was pretty good. Only part that was iffy really was the CGI parts of the finale and that some fights could've been a bit longer.

Also, all the fights here were better than pretty much all the fights in the whole Nolan verse trilogy. Possibly low-key, but Nolan isn't really that good with fight scenes either. Whether he just doesn't shoot them as well or didn't get the best choreographers. He's great at setting up interesting and dynamic set piece action tho, which masks the hand-to-hand sequences being slighted.

The best fight scene in his Batman movies was when Bane gave Batman those hands. And that was just great because of how stark it was and the setting and Bane spitting ether. He overcame his weaknesses in that area by not really putting Batman in a lot of situations where he’d need to fight hand to hand. I wouldn’t say these scenes are better, at least the third act fight scene anyway, but like the Nolan movies, they fit the overall picture even if they’re a weak point

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The best fight scene in his Batman movies was when Bane gave Batman those hands. And that was just great because of how stark it was and the setting and Bane spitting ether. He overcame his weaknesses in that area by not really putting Batman in a lot of situations where he’d need to fight hand to hand. I wouldn’t say these scenes are better, at least the third act fight scene anyway, but like the Nolan movies, they fit the overall picture even if they’re a weak point

Yeah, the Bane fight, I definitely agree with you on for that very reason. But yeah, if any fight scene here is of lesser quality than any within the Nolan-verse Batflicks would be the CGI bits and that's it really. All other fights pretty much crush the Batflick joints, from how they're filmed to the choreography. The only batman live action fight that's been on par or better than most Marvel joints, this included, was Bats vs. Supe Batman scene of him rescuing Martha.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I remember the early beginnings of this thread.....

Feels like ages ago when me the only at time Luke Cage fan (before that dropped) was coming in here chopping it up with the OG Black Panther discussion brehs.

Now looking at how this thread has exploded, the success it had this weekend and all the new faces in here.

I’m happy for the Day 1 people on this thread that kept it alive and had some great discussions about BP. In many ways putting me on to new shyt I ain’t even know about Black Panther myself, as a DC stan

:salute:

Martha

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I remember the early beginnings of this thread.....

Feels like ages ago when me the only at time Luke Cage fan (before that dropped) was coming in here chopping it up with the OG Black Panther discussion brehs.

Now looking at how this thread has exploded, the success it had this weekend and all the new faces in here.

I’m happy for the Day 1 people on this thread that kept it alive and had some great discussions about BP. In many ways putting me on to new shyt I ain’t even know about Black Panther myself, as a DC stan

Martha

:comeon:

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

[
27973488_1667541869951735_2299891454262474708_n.jpg

she had her on armor in the comic capable of fight namor maybe instead of riri being "Iron Hart" we get shuri becoming "Iron Panthress' :ohhh:

1030165-shuri1.jpg
fcab9df7688152f339233d8e32114418.jpg

3948642-1246042-shuri___dm.jpg

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The title is a misdirect. If you read the actual article what the author is saying isn’t wrong and actually isn’t against established comic continuity

Told him that :russ: like the same shyt verbatim

And there’s a VERY good chance she didn’t come up with the headline anyway. I know how that game works. But either way her points are all valid

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Wallace was reppin for the coli with that hug. That's exactly how I would've hugged her :to:

I love the chemistry of the cast, anyone know what was up with the rumour that Chadwick and MBJ didnt get on? From all the interviews I have seen they appear to be cool, so probably just a bullshyt rumour.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I love the chemistry of the cast, anyone know what was up with the rumour that Chadwick and MBJ didnt get on? From all the interviews I have seen they appear to be cool, so probably just a bullshyt rumour.

Pretty sure that was only rumors with no real fire to that smoke. I've watched countless interviews and they never seemed to be anything less than positive, playful and respectful towards each other. I've also noticed that whenever they were asked about their training and who's better ya ya among the many interviews with them both, whether separate or together, they both laughingly shied away from answer whether to either big up or slight each other within that. They both trained separately tho, as that was done intentionally. If anything, they probably just invoked their characters greatly during filming and maybe that had some folks sparking smoke from clean air.