MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Seen this shyt again last night. Soooo dope and so much to talk about. The strength of the women and what it says about moms and sisters and women in general being the backbone of an African community and an African American community is the main thing I keep going back to. Along with the James Bond shyt.

Not my favorite Marvel flick, but definitely the best one from start to finish and outside of the Guardians flicks, it's the one that feels more from the filmmaker and less from the studio and it's a perfect melding of their system and Coogler. I could rewatch this shyt as much as I'd rewatch Homecoming or Guardians or the first Iron Man

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Killmonger isn’t dead, and the spoilers hinted at the possibility and it makes sense. When someone dies in marvel movies they show an overhead shot of the dead person. Example: Logan & Professor X. The body had an overhead shot and the camera panned out. I guess symbolism for the soul leaving the body. This did not happen with Erik. My bad guy bae is alive!!
tumblr_p3dli2ggmQ1tqk2tko1_r1_500.gif

Different studios in the examples you cited. And those deaths were shown that way to make sure they were final. In a marvel studios movie it’s rare you seen anyone’s dead body or a signal to show you they’re dead. So yeah he could always come back but it would only have been if he gets revived using their tech. That was a mortal wound

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Different studios in the examples you cited. And those deaths were shown that way to make sure they were final. In a marvel studios movie it’s rare you seen anyone’s dead body or a signal to show you they’re dead. So yeah he could always come back but it would only have been if he gets revived using their tech. That was a mortal wound
Damnit. These damn multiple studios & shyt...

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Coli is FULL of hypocrites you have negros IN THIS THREAD hyping up the film especially before it was released but in TLR screaming "why yall giving yall money to white daddy."
You're a staff member and you're just now figuring that out? A lot of that "giving money to the white daddy" crowd can't see the forest for the trees. Failing to realize that money talks and with this movie doing what it's doing not just in the states but overseas, means you'll get more movies with all black casts and black directors and writers with bigger budgets. More money means more stories can be told, which equals more representation, which equals a lot of representation behind the camera as well.

They're also missing just how many potential careers can be launched with this movie. There are at least five people in the flick I want to see more of now. And most of them are black women. That's a huge deal

Daps
Seen this shyt again last night. Soooo dope and so much to talk about. The strength of the women and what it says about moms and sisters and women in general being the backbone of an African community and an African American community is the main thing I keep going back to. Along with the James Bond shyt

Much truth to this. I also loved how they showcased the women’s physical strength as well as mental. All those beautiful sistas with short to no hair at all. Nothing against woman who do otherwise but for many their hair is their crowning attribute. Was beautiful to see sistas who didn’t fit that category up front and center. The movie was dope and if your looking for good in it you can mine it bout as long as they mined the vibranium

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
Some of the reviews reminded me of something. T'Challa's and Erik Killmonger's dynamic really did resemble Martin Luther King, Jr. and Malcolm X. Neither were wrong in their approach although they both had flaws. I really hope Erik Killmonger isn't dead and they give him that purple stuff. He's too good to die off so soon.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
The intro is narrated by N’Jobu, and later we learn from his son, Erik, that his father used to tell him stories about Wakanda. One of Killmonger’s best lines in the film is “Can you believe that? A kid from Oakland walking around and believing in fairytales,” referencing the stories his father told him about the mystical African country growing up, but at the time we don’t realize that we are literally hearing N’Jobu telling his son one of those fairy tales. At first it seems like a tale being told to T’Challa, but it’s really Erik, instead. I really loved this realization, and it’s something that’s easy to miss your first time through.

Can we confirm if this is true brehs?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Read the article first breh. Nothing wrong with what she's saying. She's ultimately saying that as dope as T'Challa is in the flick, the women are the strongest characters and smartest, strongest warriors. So the movie hints at a future where Wakanda could be ruled by women and be just as prosperous, if not more. That Shuri is more than capable of being in charge of Wakanda. She's not saying she should be and that T'Challa shouldn't' be in charge or that all men are evil. She's taking what's in the film and extrapolating it forward

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Can we confirm if this is true brehs?

It's true. I mean that's Sterling K. Brown's voice. And that's the voice of the kid who played young Eric. And it echoes the scene Eric has in the land of ancestors. No one's come out and said it but it's pretty obvious