Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
You're a staff member and you're just now figuring that out? A lot of that "giving money to the white daddy" crowd can't see the forest for the trees. Failing to realize that money talks and with this movie doing what it's doing not just in the states but overseas, means you'll get more movies with all black casts and black directors and writers with bigger budgets. More money means more stories can be told, which equals more representation, which equals a lot of representation behind the camera as well.

They're also missing just how many potential careers can be launched with this movie. There are at least five people in the flick I want to see more of now. And most of them are black women. That's a huge deal

There's also the matter that even stories of fiction/myth can inspire people in real life. Life imitates art imitating life and all that. Plus, on the representation side again, it'll inspire the youth even greater with more stories of representation for characters that look like the kids. People keep harking on the whole, "it's just a comic book movie" side seem to fail to realize that images, whether real or not, has profound effect on people.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
There's also the matter that even stories of fiction/myth can inspire people in real life. Life imitates art imitating life and all that. Plus, on the representation side again, it'll inspire the youth even greater with more stories of representation for characters that look like the kids. People keep harking on the whole, "it's just a comic book movie" side seem to fail to realize that images, whether real or not, has profound effect on people.

Yup. Last scene in the movie is a perfect example of that. shyt Peter Parker had such a huge influence on me as a kid, not because of the color of his skin but just because of the goodness of his soul, his heart, his brains, his wit, and the fact he's always going to try to do the right thing even when it sucks. T'Challa can now be that for a new generation of kids, and show them that a black man can aspire to be a lot more than what they previously thought.

Those kids in Oakland could easily go from dreaming about being ball players to now being politicians, scientists, mathematicians, engineers, etc all because the king of this African country came to their backyard and set up shop.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Read the article first breh. Nothing wrong with what she's saying. She's ultimately saying that as dope as T'Challa is in the flick, the women are the strongest characters and smartest, strongest warriors. So the movie hints at a future where Wakanda could be ruled by women and be just as prosperous, if not more. That Shuri is more than capable of being in charge of Wakanda. She's not saying she should be and that T'Challa shouldn't' be in charge or that all men are evil. She's taking what's in the film and extrapolating it forward
I find these call for changes annoying. People that always ask for these always ignore the fact that these come from source material

It's also annoying seeing call for change after T'challa's first movie

BStapies

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fam i cant wait for this 4k blu ray. I hope they have an extended cut version I can watch as a whole and not just bonus scenes tacked on via the special features section.

Guardians ain't better than this movie breh cut it out :russ:

Winter Soldier is the only movie in the MCU that can even have a conversation with Black Panther.

Civil War was amazing too but moreso for the amazing moments. As an overall body of work, as a film, no it doesn't compare either.
I disagree but I respect your opinion

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
The Coli is FULL of hypocrites you have negros IN THIS THREAD hyping up the film especially before it was released but in TLR screaming "why yall giving yall money to white daddy."

That’s not me cause I’m ALWAYS late to the big movie threads. If I am early I’m there to say I’m there but I go ghost until the trailer drops or I see the movie. And even if I were in the TLR thread I would have been dikk riding based if the black excellence alone. Actually I think I did peep into one of the TLR threads dikk riding based off the black excellence.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
giphy.gif
"What? He's got a whole stable. :yeshrug:"

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I find these call for changes annoying. People that always ask for these always ignore the fact that these come from source material

She's not calling for a change tho. That's what I'm saying. She's saying the movie is hinting at a society where that could be the case and possibly one day down the line, it will be, just based on Wakanda's make up. Holster the pistol, soldier:russ: she's not taking anything away from T'Challa or the movie's narrative. She's just saying it's a very matriarchal movie (it is) and that outside of the king, Wakanda is basically run by women (also true) so maybe one day down the line, that would be the logical step

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Yeah, the other side about it too is, they're saying, "Why not Queen Shuri" when Shuri is only 16 years old in the movie and typically, in any monarchy, the oldest child is the rightful heir to the throne, which T'Challa is obviously at least a good 10 years older than Shuri. People try to be smart and be dumb at the same damn time. Shuri just may very well get her time to shine as Queen, but that should at least take a few movies to get to that point, if just trying to somewhat chronologicalliy follow the source material or even her damn age and T'Challa's current situation.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah, the other side about it too is, they're saying, "Why not Queen Shuri" when Shuri is only 16 years old in the movie and typically, in any monarchy, the oldest child is the rightful heir to the throne, which T'Challa is obviously at least a good 10 years older than Shuri. People try to be smart and be dumb at the same damn time. Shuri just may very well get her time to shine as Queen, but that should at least take a few movies to get to that point, if just trying to somewhat chronologicalliy follow the source material or even her damn age and T'Challa's current situation.

That's what she's saying tho. She isn't saying they should do it now and that the movie should've gone that route. She' saying down the line, whether that's 10 years from now or 15, Queen Shuri is a possibility based on her easily being the smartest person in the country.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
That's what she's saying tho. She isn't saying they should do it now and that the movie should've gone that route. She' saying down the line, whether that's 10 years from now or 15, Queen Shuri is a possibility based on her easily being the smartest person in the country.

If they follow the mythos enough, they probably will go down that road tho in the future.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Jesus Christ this bytch is trolling. "they seem to never have had a civil war"

Is this bytch trolilng? The fukking first FIVE MINUTES talk about the warring in Wakanda until the heart shaped herb is found and consumed. The J'bari tribe doesn't even fukk with them.

:snoop: What the hell is wrong with motherfukkers? There's been a legion of "reviews" online masquerading as honest reviews.