Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Could have easily watched another 2 hours of this if the orginal cut being 4hrs report was true.

Fam i cant wait for this 4k blu ray. I hope they have an extended cut version I can watch as a whole and not just bonus scenes tacked on via the special features section.

Thought the movie was good. Disagree with people that said its better than Civil War or Winter Soldier. I'd put it on the same level as GOTG.

Characters were good. Villain was great. Good writing (for the most part. Some of the jokes had me like :hhh:)

CGI could use some work but it wasn't bad enough to complain about.

Guardians ain't better than this movie breh cut it out :russ:

Winter Soldier is the only movie in the MCU that can even have a conversation with Black Panther.

Civil War was amazing too but moreso for the amazing moments. As an overall body of work, as a film, no it doesn't compare either.

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
So at the beginning was that

N'Jobu talking to Erik? Or T'Challa talking to T'Chaka? If it's the former... DAMN!

"Are we still hiding?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

:sadbron:

Finished the second viewing and it was still as awesome as the first time. One of the things I picked up on this second viewing was this. I think it's the former as well, which makes the shyt even more poignant.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Civil War is the better "Marvel" movie imo but Comic Universe aside I can see how someone can say this was the the top movie made by Marvel.
Huh? Civil War was decent. The top Marvel movie was Winter Soldier but now you got Black Panther. It's hard to say which one is better than the other, but right now I'm slightly leaning towards Black Panther mainly because of it's villain, Erik Killmonger, and strong supporting cast

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After the 1st watch, I probably agree with brehs about Killmonger being right. After a 2nd watch, he was clearly selfish and for his own purposes. He wasn't about Wakanda or Black folks. He will kill anyone who gets in his way.

He wants Black supremacy. This is the shyt we don't need or want. We need to end white supremacy, not continue the supremacy part. Evil has to go. From White, Black, and any other person. Neely says it best, we need JUSTICE!

you don't hit a person multiple times on the face over an extended period of time and when they had enough and decide to crack your head open you say "woah, hold up, this is aggravated assault"

there hasn't been a peaceful non-violent revolution in the entire history of mankind. Killmonger knew the way to true liberation.

things achieved through non-violent means are usually tokens to appease people/a group, but never something that would achieve any substantial change, and often these tokens even create more prejudices and entitled mindsets from the oppressors because they think they did you a favor rather than you taking what's rightfully yours or simply what is just. why do you think white people are so entitled? hell, there are white people that think they did black people a favor by kidnapping and enslaving and then abolishing slavery.

true "justice" and "equality" will never be achieved by non-violent means as the oppressors will always be reluctant to let go of the upper hand they have enjoyed for so long.

we have been conditioned to be docile or turn the other cheek, you never notice how often white people quote the "i have a dream" speech or say some shyt like "that's not what MLK would do", meanwhile they continue to reap the benefits of said white supremacy systems while quoting them shyts to you.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
you don't hit a person multiple times on the face over an extended period of time and when they had enough and decide to crack your head open you say "woah, hold up, this is aggravated assault"

there hasn't been a peaceful non-violent revolution in the entire history of mankind. Killmonger knew the way to true liberation.

things achieved through non-violent means are usually tokens to appease people/a group, but never something that would achieve any substantial change, and often these tokens even create more prejudices and entitled mindsets from the oppressors because they think they did you a favor rather than you taking what's rightfully yours or simply what is just. why do you think white people are so entitled? hell, there are white people that think they did black people a favor by kidnapping and enslaving and then abolishing slavery.

true "justice" and "equality" will never be achieved by non-violent means as the oppressors will always be reluctant to let go of the upper hand they have enjoyed for so long.

we have been conditioned to be docile or turn the other cheek, you never notice how often white people quote the "i have a dream" speech or say some shyt like "that's not what MLK would do", meanwhile they continue to reap the benefits of said white supremacy systems while quoting them shyts to you.
While I see what you mean a war like that would have world war level casualties. It will devastate everyone involved especially black folks.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
My girl actually says she enjoyed Thor better than this flick. I won't say that for myself but with the Hype I came in thinking this would top Civil War but Civil War was just so damn good. I doubt this will top Infinity War either so this will probably go down as 3-4 when its all said and done for this phase of the Marvel Universe.

Like I said in the Spoiler thread, they need to pop off a BP vs Dr Doom especially since Dr Doom is pretty much an Alt Right cat lol

Man I was saying the same shyt to one of my boys.... after seeing Wakanda. I'd love to see Latveria with a bunch of Doombots and Dr Doom statues around.

They could make a good story with Doom trying to steal vibraniam and going to War with Wakanda and Black Panther

But yea from the perspective of a "pure comic book movie" when what you think a pure comic book movie should be. Civil War does sit at the top

Martha

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This shyt is a 10/10 easily. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it and create coherent sentences. The cast, the fukking script, the characters, the villain who is actually a full-blooded character with understandable motivation and philosophy, how strong the women were and how I'd love to see a movie about either of the three leading women, especially Shuri. It all just fukking works, even when the third act becomes a bit of a CG fest and just people throwing punches, they all land because the characters and their story are so dope and work together so fukking well.

And ultimately, it comes down to a philosophical difference and that is the gist of it. What is the best way to serve the people and what's the best way to represent yourself. Loved this shyt and can't wait to see it again or at least have more insightful shyt to say about it

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
While I see what you mean a war like that would have world war level casualties. It will devastate everyone involved especially black folks.

I'm not advocating for a war, i just feel we are too docile.

and I was using that as a platform to say I understand what Killmonger wanted to do. He wanted to balance out the scales. People are getting defensive and calling him a "black supremacist" but its like, he has lived under white supremacy his whole life, and the white person you deem "innocent" has been complicit in that world, now that he wants to fight back he is suddenly the "villain" and "oh no, no. we can't have that, that's just as bad as" :/ so essentially, he's expected to sit quietly or go around knocking on doors preaching the good word in the hopes that maybe one day white people will listen, despite the fact that we have been doing that for years. anything outside of that spectrum is "oh no, don't do that. villain"