Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he's been confirmed for the avengers...he'll be back...an infinity stone will revive him

you got a link for this?

@NobodyReally

I felt they built up W'Kabi's reason for betrayal quite well. He wanted Klaue because Klaue killed his pops. T'Chaka and T'Chala had both failed to bring him that justice and when Killmonger did he was ready to give him a chance. Killmonger was then able to lay down his own plans with the council W'Kabi had already thought about and told T'Chala but T'Chala disagreed with but here was Killmonger saying the same thing but just an extreme version of it so he was ready to buy into Killmonger's ideas since they weren't far from his.

Thats my take anyways.

I dunno, still thought it was kind of extreme with W'kabi, even though he was disappointed with T'Challa, they really turned up the bloodlust in that final battle. But then again, maybe W'kabi has ambitions of his own:patrice:

I also didn't understand why T'Challa didn't bring up the fact that Erik was working with (to save) klaw earlier.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
you got a link for this?

I dunno, still thought it was kind of extreme with W'kabi, even though he was disappointed with T'Challa, they really turned up the bloodlust in that final battle. But then again, maybe W'kabi has ambitions of his own:patrice:

I also didn't understand why T'Challa didn't bring up the fact that Erik was working with (to save) klaw earlier.

W'kabi did have a bit of ambitions of his own. He suggested to T'Challa about cleansing the rest of the world and that'd he'd do quickly on his (the king's) word, which is why his turn wasn't really out of character to him, especially considering the new king was not only pushing about that same plan (just to a much more aggressive means), but had also just brought his father's killer home to him, which the two previous kings did not do, which one of them being his very best friend as well failing him at doing so.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
gonna admit i know nothing about Black Panther comics..we had 3 of his rivals for this movie alone..who can they put in for black panther 2?

Achebe

250px-Achebe_Black_Panther.jpg

and my vote is for Barkhad Abdi to play him.

MV5BMTY1NjU1OTgyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjgzNTU5MDE@._V1_UY317_CR3,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Killmonger had a real effect on me after this. How could Wakanda sit back and allow black people all over the world to suffer racism, apartheid, and other bullshyt throughout centuries. They had all the resources, yet sit on their laurels.

His last line made me shed a tear no lie.
:mjcry:
Isn't everyone's favorite saying around here #hyon?

How many threads are created shytting on folks who don't look black enough or because they're mixed with multiple ethnicities.

Wakanda operated from a perspective of purity. "Black people all over the world" weren't Wakandans.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Isn't everyone's favorite saying around here #hyon?

How many threads are created shytting on folks who don't look black enough or because they're mixed with multiple ethnicities.

Wakanda operated from a perspective of purity. "Black people all over the world" weren't Wakandans.
It was deep. Very deep

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Brehs remember when Killmonger went to the spirit realm and his pops was like “you got no tears for me?”

I woke thinking bout that whole scene. Powerful

@Ziggiy

Killmonger got a kid?
Killmonger dad realized that this ain't his son anymore. His condition has been conditioned.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Breh you're Nigerian did you feel like Wakanda was a little Nigerian ish with all the different tribal conflicts like dudes up in the mountain disconnected from the other tribes reminded me of the Hausa people. Thoughts?

It was deep. Very deep

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Killmonger dad realized that this ain't his son anymore. His condition has been conditioned.

:wow:

The contrast between T'Challa talkin to the ancestors and Killmonger on his "nikkas die everyday b" had me like :mjcry:

The impact of that whole scene aint really hit me till after I left the theatre :mjcry:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Her complaints aren’t even accurate, like the women in the movie didn’t just serve t’challa. Everyone had their own thing, Shuri created all of the new tech for wakanda and will be had of wakanda outreach for tech, Michonne served her country not t’challa he just happened to be king and Lupita character was a spy who help t’challa change his thinking . People want to give critiques which is okay of course but when they are wrong and just fishing for things it’s annoying. And don’t getting me on her HATING Killmonger
she's just mad no white movie will ever provide respectable prominent roles for white women that isn't pushed via feminism or a #metoo movement

It's clear as day that the women in this movie FIT. They're not just a toss in to appease a section of society.